Profile for Mary Malone > Reviews

Content by Mary Malone

Mary Malone "mollymalone33" (Wexford, Ireland)

Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married
Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married
by Marian Keyes
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, sweet and uplifting!, 24 Dec 2011
This is one of Marian Keyes' earlier books and definitely one of the best. Poor Lucy is very unlucky in love and has been in less than favourable relationships. I loved her as a heroine and the book was a real pick-me up! There were plenty of moments when reading this I actually laughed out loud. Great fun, I promise!

All Because of You
All Because of You
by Melissa Hill
Price: 6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: All Because of You (Paperback)
I'm a big fan of Irish writers and I really enjoyed this latest offering from Irish writer, Melissa Hill. I warmed to the heroine, Tara, and also to the glamorous Natalie who is living in London. It's a very well-written book with lots of twists and turns.

Matilda
Matilda
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fond memories, 28 April 2011
This review is from: Matilda (Kindle Edition)
I'd actually forgotten how much I'd forgotten how much I love this when I picked it up recently in a hotel library on holidays and re-read it. The humour is fantasic, the character of Mathilda is wonderful an Dahl is a literary genius. The way he depicts grown-ups in kids' books is hilarious. I think I'm now going to revisit some other Dahl books from my childhood!

Lilac Bus
Lilac Bus
by Maeve Binchy
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nostalgia!, 26 Jan 2009
This review is from: Lilac Bus (Paperback)
It's ages since I read this and I must have lost my original copy but recently I picked it up again in a second hand shop and read it again cover to cover. It's amusing, sweet, funny and a good glimpse into rural village life in Ireland where eveybody knows everybody's business and there are secrets lurking behind every front door. The book is more short stories rather than one main story but all the characters are somehow linked by the fact that they all get the same lilac bus home every Friday from Dublin and return again on a Sunday. I'm holding onto this copy now as I don't want to lose it again. If you're a Binchy fan and you haven't yet read The Lilac Bus, you MUST read it!