Profile for Clemenza > Reviews

Content by Clemenza

Clemenza "Clemenza" (UK)

FoneM8® - HTC One S Screen Protector (PACK OF 5) Retail Packed - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply. Job done, 29 Jun. 2013
They go one easily without bubbles. That's pretty much all you need to know. Having failed with other brands in the past. These are a real find!

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Digital Camera with 50x Ultra Wide Angle 24-1200mm Lens (12.1 MP, 50x Zoom) 2.8 inch Vari-angle LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars A long lens option on a budget, 29 Jun. 2013
I love photography and cameras. I have owned a series of compacts since they first started making them and digital SLRs since they became affordable. I have upgraded when much better options became available on the compact side and stopped buying new SLRs on my third with the eos 450. Not an amazing camera in today's terms but small and light. My compact canon s100 takes such good pictures I rarely use the slr unless its for long shots with a cheap 70-300mm zoom for fast focus (red arrows).
I'm not into pixel peeping, raw processing and I rarely print a picture but I have longed dreamed of a full frame sensor and a 400mm or 500mm L series prime with extender for photographing kingfishers.
Now to the sx50. Sounds too good to be true. 1200mm and the reviews say the picture quality is amazing. There must be a catch. I bought one to try it, not because I needed a camera. I can always sell on eBay and cut my losses if I don't get on with it.
Won't be selling this one soon. The zoom is easily useable at 1200mm possibly due to the 4.5 stop image stabilisation built in. Of course it can't compete with its SLR cousins but for the money, this camera is amazing. It's a toy and a half with this much zoom. After finally getting shots I'd always hoped for of kingfishers, I have since enjoyed just playing and using the long reach to view and capture anything when out walking. I saw on the web that this camera is creating a stir amongst astronomy enthusiasts. So I downloaded a night sky app, worked out where Saturn was and snapped away. First results were a little sketchy but you can clearly see saturn and its rings. Needed a tripod for this and will try again when I get another clear night. Incredible!
Macro shots can be taken down to 0cm. Not really my thing but I'm sure I will have to experiment here soon. There is a host of functions and modes that are pretty standard on bridge cameras these days but to be honest, you can achieve most of what this camera is capable of in auto mode.
I would recommend this camera to anyone who wants a long zoom. Whether its bird photography or anything else. This is pretty much a photographers dream plaything for less than the price of a mid range slr lens. It's capable of seriously good shots. Not professional quality but way beyond anything we could have dreamed of even 5 year ago. I can't wait to see what comes next but for now I'm very happy with this camera.

Requiem for a Dream [DVD] [2001]
Requiem for a Dream [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Ellen Burstyn
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to watch. Unpleasant., 29 Jun. 2013
Hard to watch and unpleasant. I forced myself through it cause of all the rave reviews. I've enjoyed many stomach churning films but not this because when you strip away all the shocks there is nothing there. No people to care about or any theme other than drugs are bad. Im not one to over-analyse a film, I just want to sit and enjoy it. If I find myself thinking about it after or wanting to watch it again or indeed needing to watch it again then brilliant. With this one I don't want to think about it or watch it again cause it did nothing more than shock.
It breaks new and unnecessary ground in unpleasantness. Not everyone's cup of tea and not mine. But, I recommend this to anyone who has read the reviews, knows they might be in for some dark shocking moments and likes drug films.
One thing I really liked was the way the characters adopted the foetal position one after the other. That was so well done.
Good luck with this one. Not easy.

The Sopranos - The Complete Series [DVD] [2007]
The Sopranos - The Complete Series [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ James Gandolfini
Offered by Bee-Entertained

5.0 out of 5 stars Not more over the top praise for the Soprano's........., 8 Sept. 2012
......I'm afraid so. This outstanding series does justice to the subject of mob life in the US better than any film or book to date. With so many episodes, the writers have the chance to explore so many aspects and angles of people's lives. Mob life dominates but is not the star of the show, the characters are. This makes it truly compelling. The Sopranos is fairly unique in leaving the viewer to decide if they idolise the characters. They all have their good and bad points and often down right evil. Strength and weakness has never been laid out over so many episodes with so many characters without descending into cliche. How many box sets do you never complete or never rewatch? Ive watched it all three times and jumped into the odd random episode at times. In my humble opinion, this is the best tv or film ever made by anyone about anything.

The Sound of the Smiths: Deluxe Edition [2CD]
The Sound of the Smiths: Deluxe Edition [2CD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the joy of being a Smiths fan alive, 8 Nov. 2008
The best thing about being into the smiths is hunting down a copy of the Draize Train studio version and finally buying it. Whether its on some foreign 12" b side or some beautifully produced bootleg (silver CD & factory pressed of course) it doesn't matter - just as long as you don't cheat and download it. So many longed for songs are a dissapointment when you finally get them but the Draize train gets a little better every time you listen to it.

To that end, this is the perfect Smiths compilation, and I dread the day when one finally does include the Draize train and robs us all of the satisfaction of listening to a true rarity.

Record company compilations like this are everything the smiths weren't. On pop and rock terms, musically superior to all before and after. Can amazon do a special 6 star score please.

Casino Royale (2 Disc Collector's Edition) [2006] [DVD]
Casino Royale (2 Disc Collector's Edition) [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars This isn't the James Bond we know and love, 8 Sept. 2007
This just doesn't feel like a bond film. More like an overblown mobile phone advert. There is no humour or fun in this film and he takes himself far too seriously. If Roger Moore had been tied to a chair and about to be tortured he would not have let the bad guy land a single blow on his tackle. Q would have made sure he had a special chain saw watch or something and he would have cut throught the rope, killed the baddie and run off with his 6ft girlfriend who shouts "Oh Jems" when ever he raises an eyebrow. Daniel Craig is a great action star but not a bond. I've loved every bond up till now but this is one I won't watch again.

The Complete Picture [DVD] [2001]
The Complete Picture [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ The Smiths

5.0 out of 5 stars Surely not more over the top praise for the Smiths, 10 Oct. 2003
Im afraid it is more over the top praise for the Smiths. The Smiths were the most brilliantly original and magically musical band of their generation. This DVD is a "Hobsons Choice " for anyone looking for released Smiths material in this format. It could have been so much better had other footage been included but This Charming Man on its own is worth 5 stars. I wouldnt recommend this DVD to anyone who hasn't enjoyed the songs beforehand. To those that have apreciated the Smiths already, this is definitely better than nothing and probably better than everything else.