Profile for Orangejuice200909 > Reviews

Orangejuice200909

Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black
Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The best kitchen item I have ever purchased !, 11 Jan. 2012
Im not one for doing reviews but I feel I need to say just how happy I am with this product !
I was a little sceptical due to some of the reviews on here. Some people had said it does not cook the food even etc.
After a few weeks contemplating this purchase, I decided to buy one knowing that I can return it to Phillips within 60 days for a full refund.
I need not of worried............ its pure brilliance !
I started with some oven chips, just to see how they come out and I was quite happy with the results, however, the main reason I got this was to be able to have my own homemade chips without the oil. I stuck to the instructions, did a max weight of 800g (I found this could easily feed 3 adults) I soaked them in water for 30 mins, dried them with kitchen roll, added a small amount of olive oil and popped them in the airfryer.
The results far exceeded my expectations ! I thought they came out great and tasted very nice !
Over the last 6 weeks I have started to experiment with the fryer, I have found it does not really make a difference if you soak the chips or not, as long as you dry them, they seem to come out the same. I have also come to the conclusion that the chips need to be shaken frequently during cooking, I tend to give them a quick shake every 10 mins, just to make sure all the chips get an even cook and also stops them from sticking together during cooking.
I have also tried vegetables; Mushrooms, Carrots, Courgette, Parsnip, Turnip and so on, again all have come out far better than I thought they would !
Im now totally hooked on the airfryer and its turned into one of the most used appliances in my kitchen, even my husband is pleased with the results.
Overall best purchase I ever made, totally worth every penny !