Profile for Christopher Lacey > Reviews

Content by Christopher Lacey

Christopher Lacey

Page: 1 | 2
Black Hearts: One platoon's descent into madness in the Iraq war's triangle of death

5.0 out of 5 stars When men crack, there is really no predicting what acts they will perpetrate., 9 July 2016
I've always wondered how anybody could commit the types of acts carried out by soldiers Green, Cortez and Barker.

While I believe that we all have a dark side and are all capable of some pretty horrific acts, given the right circumstances and stimuli, I believe that the majority of us would be unable to cross the line that these soldiers did.

However, having read this book, I have some small level of sympathy for these men, though much, much more for their victims. They were thrust into a situation under which the strongest men would be likely to crack - having friends and fellow soldiers daily being blown to pieces by IEDs, ambushed, shot, abducted and tortured to death, without any effective counseling or relief from duties which placed them all in similar danger. The leadership was unsympathetic and surprisingly ineffectual.

The wonder of it all is that more of the soldiers didn't succumb to the same temptations.

The Deep Green
The Deep Green

5.0 out of 5 stars One of John Lyman's best, 9 July 2016
This review is from: The Deep Green (Kindle Edition)
An altogether incredible read. While the premise of the story stretches belief, this does not detract from the entertainment provided and surely that is what good fiction is all about.

John Lyman is a fantastic author and I would highly recommend all of his books to those who like a good yarn, well crafted.

Prelude to Dystopia
Prelude to Dystopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another hit from John Lyman, 9 July 2016
I've read all of John Lyman's books and This book is up there with the best of them.

Perhaps I'm a cynic deep down, but I can really imagine the sequence of events that this book describes.

Read and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my usual fare, but a cracking read despite that., 9 July 2016
This review is from: Follow You Home (Kindle Edition)
I'm not usually a fan of the psychological thriller genre, but once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down!

It is a very cleverly written book, full of unexpected twists and turns, right up to the very end.

If you are into psycho-thrillers, I would highly recommend this as a read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 April 2016
Received it Saturday and have used it once.

No problems, no complaints.

3-Pin USB Data Sync Charging Cable for iPhone 4/4S/iPod Touch/iPad 2  (Non-Retail Packaging)
3-Pin USB Data Sync Charging Cable for iPhone 4/4S/iPod Touch/iPad 2 (Non-Retail Packaging)
Offered by Ascromy_1

5.0 out of 5 stars Value fo rmoney, 19 April 2016
Received this recently and have used it once so far.

It does what I expected. No complaints.

SET OF 5 Wheelie Bin Box Crate Number and Letter Stickers
SET OF 5 Wheelie Bin Box Crate Number and Letter Stickers
Offered by Laserables

5.0 out of 5 stars A fast quality service, 18 Aug. 2015
The labels arrived promptly and the quality, size etc. were as expected.

You Gotta Be
You Gotta Be

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful song, 8 Sept. 2014
This review is from: You Gotta Be (MP3 Download)
I knew what to expect before I bought it.

It's a beautiful song.

Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact memory key and security too, 22 Aug. 2014
I'm very impressed with this, especially the size.

I've attached a small lanyard to prevent my losing it.

The capacity is huge for its size.

I would recommend it.

Targus TAR300 Classic Laptop Bag Case Fits - 15-15.6 Inches, Black
Targus TAR300 Classic Laptop Bag Case Fits - 15-15.6 Inches, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this laptop bag, 22 Aug. 2014
Cheap, but just what I needed to replace a bulky, disintegrating back-pack.

At £6.99, a snip.