Profile for LeonardP > Reviews

Content by LeonardP

LeonardP

Two Tribes (Keep The Peace mix)
Two Tribes (Keep The Peace mix)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it., 26 Jan 2014
I first heard about this on the BBC2 Cold War Britain series. A public info "nuclear war" broadcast was recorded by the BBC using the voice of actor Patric Allen, and clips of it are included in this 15 minute mix, along with the actor doing the Ronald Reagan voice. Both terrifying and hysterically funny. Some 15 minute mixes seem too long, but this one definetly doesn't.

Beethoven:Concertos 3 and 4
Beethoven:Concertos 3 and 4
Price: 16.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralled!, 26 Jan 2014
I can't stop listening to this recording, both in my car and on my MP3 player. Superb sound quality, and the performance at the age of 88 is staggering. Have seldom been so delighted with a CD.

The Fast Diet: The secret of intermittent fasting - lose weight, stay healthy, live longer
Price: 2.80

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 27 Feb 2013
I am the world's worst dieter, but this really works and is easy to keep to. Better still, the weight loss is sustainable by doing the partial fast just one day a week. Even I can get through the fast days as they are followed by two or three days of normal eating. One note of caution is that you may first need to alter your eating habits if you are eating too much, or too many of the wrong things. The good news is that if you choose sensibly you can eat very well within the daily calorie limits of 2500 for a man or 2000 for a woman.

Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Price: 34.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it so much I bought two!, 12 Dec 2011
Bought one for my mother who has failing eyesight, and was so impressed I bought another for myself. Well made, stable, bright and economical.

Our lounge is lit with table lamps, chosen by my other half who has excellent taste in such matters. When it comes to reading though, I worked in well lit offices for years and like a good bright light, which is what opticians advise.

My pet hate is magazine articles printed on coloured paper or over a photograph (guaranteed to send me into full Victor Meldrew mode) but this lamp is just the answer.

When I searched the web I found a range of lamps costing over three hundred quid and was put off, but then I found this lamp for a fraction of the price. I would recommend this lamp to anybody.