Profile for Duncan Doenitz > Reviews

Content by Duncan Doenitz

Duncan Doenitz "malc148" (Cardiff)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Sinclair Alpine & Herbaceous Compost 75lt
Sinclair Alpine & Herbaceous Compost 75lt
Offered by Fargro

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrift thriving, 14 July 2016
Good stuff. I repotted 18 armeria plants 6 each in different makes of compost. The 6 I repotted in this compost are by far the healthiest and have put on much more growth with good, strong, and very green foliage.

D-Shape Soft Close White Bathroom Toilet Seat Top Fix
D-Shape Soft Close White Bathroom Toilet Seat Top Fix
Offered by Trade In Post Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Bowled over and flushed with satisfaction., 14 July 2016
This is a first look review having just received and installed the seat and cover.

I bought this D shaped soft close toilet seat to replace a seat with a broken cover, for my downstairs bathroom. I broke the cover of the old one when I collapsed onto it during a short illness.
I'm really, really surprised by it's general quality considering how little it costs, £14.66, though I'm not sure how robust the bowl fixings will prove to be but at this price it is really worth trying. Still, if I have to replace the less than substantial top fixing expanding plugs with more durable ones, it will only cost me a few pounds (£4 or so).
It isn't in the same league, by a long chalk, as the original which was heavier and of a much higher quality (ostensibly) being made of hard plastic and having cost five times as much.
This replacement is made of softer plastic but is still substantial, being more than rigid enough to do its job and at least, if or when required, it will be easier to re-tighten the fixings and re-adjust the seat position than it was with its predecessor. To do the same with the old seat I had to remove the floor screws and pull the whole toilet forward to get at the fixings while with this seat it won't be necessary. So, in that respect, this seat is a great improvement.

Popeye T-Shirt - Retro Print - Navy Blue - XXL
Popeye T-Shirt - Retro Print - Navy Blue - XXL
Offered by Elbenwald

2.0 out of 5 stars Poop, poop!, 14 Jun. 2016
Poorly printed T shirt with parts lacking density and appearing indistinct.
It was bought as a jokey part of a birthday present so it's not too much of an issue but I do resent paying a penny short of twenty quid for a T shirt with such a poor quality print.

3Pc Reusable Lint Roller, Washable, Sticky, Dust Cob Web Hair etc Remover, Brand New
Offered by Quality Products Uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Split socket., 14 Jun. 2016
Arrived by next day delivery. The long handle fits into a socket in the screw attachment that enables it to be attached to the roller. Upon opening my parcel I found that the socket is split along its side which means that the handle easily comes out of the socket with the lightest of use.
I can't be bothered sending it back for the sake of £9.99.

Jason & Vogue Tie Jaquardgewebt Multi-Coloured Paisley Design
Jason & Vogue Tie Jaquardgewebt Multi-Coloured Paisley Design

4.0 out of 5 stars Tie to die for?, 17 April 2016
A good quality tie bought to wear once only for a themed wedding and suited its purpose very well.
I love the pattern and the colours but it's not the sort of tie I would routinely choose to wear and I have given it away to someone who will and who was thrilled to receive it
Surprisingly good quality material and construction considering how cheap it is.

Galaxy Aqua 3000M 8.5KW Electric Shower
Galaxy Aqua 3000M 8.5KW Electric Shower

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh happy spray..., 17 April 2016
A direct, easily installed replacement for an electric shower that was over twenty five years old. Much better performance than the unit it replaced and now I can have a cold shower in warm weather.
No resiting of pipes and electrics necessary which made my choice of this unit a no brainer.
My mains pressure is quite low but I can now have a shower with more than just an adequate spray and still have a choice of hot, warm or cold at any time of the year. That was never the case with the old unit it replaced even though it had summer and winter settings.

(Johny's Wares) WIRE BRASS PLATED CURTAIN HOOK (QTY of 25)
(Johny's Wares) WIRE BRASS PLATED CURTAIN HOOK (QTY of 25)
Offered by Johny's Wares Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plastic not so fantastic, settle on metal., 17 April 2016
These are much, much better than the plastic equivalent. They are stronger and don't suffer the eventual fatigue and consequent snapping of plastic curtain hooks which are pretty useless anyway if you have heavy curtains.

Protexin Pro-Fibre for Dogs 500 g
Protexin Pro-Fibre for Dogs 500 g

4.0 out of 5 stars GI blues no more., 17 April 2016
My old dog has a very sensitive GI system and diarrhoea was a constant in her life before I made this a normal part of her diet. Her GI condition has vastly improved producing firm stools. The only drawback, if it can be so called, is the slight inconvenience of having to grind the pellets into a grainy powder to mix with her food. If I don't do that the clever girl manages to somehow eat her food leaving most of the pellets in her dish however well I mix it with the food.

CMS Medical 5 cm x 4.5 m Blue Cohesive Bandage - Pack of 3
CMS Medical 5 cm x 4.5 m Blue Cohesive Bandage - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, 17 April 2016
Cheap alternative to specialist veterinary cohesive bandage. Same quality so a no brainer.

Galanti Pinot Grigio Spumante Non Vintage Wine 75 cl (Case of 6)
Galanti Pinot Grigio Spumante Non Vintage Wine 75 cl (Case of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good performer for the price., 6 Feb. 2016
This lives up to the tasting notes in the description. I have to say that I like my spumante wines to be dry and this is, without a doubt, dry.The thing I particularly like is there seems, to me, to be no trace of a taste of sulphites which I almost always detect in even higher end bubblies.
This is not a remarkable wine but it is better than its price might suggest and at its price deserves four stars. I would reiterate that I like dry, really dry, wines, so take this into account when reading this review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7