Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "malc148" (Cardiff)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Castle Melamine William Morris Daffodil Placemats - Set of 6
Castle Melamine William Morris Daffodil Placemats - Set of 6
Offered by Placemats

4.0 out of 5 stars Give me melamine every time., 24 Oct. 2014
I love William Morris designs and I really like these place mats.
I decided to buy them because they are made of cork backed melamine and I became absolutely fed up to the back teeth with having to throw away permanently marked, expensive alternatives which basically are pieces of cork laminated with card, a pretty design printed on paper, finished with two or three coats of varnish. I find that such mats have too low a temperature rating and are not as durable as they should be for the cost.
I only give four stars because one of the mats is noticeably warped, although, it is still usable.

Protexin Pro-Kolin Enterogenic Sachets 4 g (Pack of 1, Total 30 Sachets)
Protexin Pro-Kolin Enterogenic Sachets 4 g (Pack of 1, Total 30 Sachets)

4.0 out of 5 stars Adding substance and smoothing things out., 22 Oct. 2014
So far so good. Reasonably priced solution to the problems of the sensitive GI tract of an aging dog. It's efficacy in firming up my 14 year old bitch's stools has meant an end to disturbed nights for me with her anxiously whining at the door to be let out in the wee hours. I have noticed a significant reduction in noisome canine flatulence, too. This has meant my little girl (well, not so little) has become generally more relaxed and while she usually turns up her nose at any adulteration of her food with other supplements, it is not the case with this. One of the major benefits of this particular supplement is that it hasn't produced the opposite problem of constipation or stools that are over hard and difficult to pass.
Her GI condition has become chronic and has cost me a fortune in veterinary bills but none of her treatments, which I paid so much for, has been this effective without producing an undesired effect.
Getting medication or supplements from a vet is a bit like ordering a bottle of wine in a fancy restaurant. The mark up is unconscionable, so having paid for my vet's skiing, and West Indies holidays to ascertain that my girl is not suffering from parasitic infestation, intractable infection or other sinister condition (she has a sort of canine IBS) I have no qualms using Pro-Kolin powder bought here at a fraction of the cost of veterinarian prescribed nostrums which has cost me MY holidays.

Kitchen Craft Microwave 1.5 Litres Rice Cooker
Kitchen Craft Microwave 1.5 Litres Rice Cooker

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget to add common sense to the recipe, 17 Sept. 2014
I have this rice cooker and I've been using it for years. I can't remember whether I bought it from or through Amazon but, anyway, here's my review for what it is worth.
This little rice cooker has served me well for several years. It is made of much more durable plastic than the more expensive "see through" type which cracks after a certain amount of use.
The instructions that came with mine were clearly not much use and I used my experience of stove top rice cooking to inform my use of this pot.
I have to say that anyone microwaving rice on high for ten minutes really is not thinking things through and is asking for a disaster.
I either add water, brought to the boil in my electric kettle, to the rice in the pot and then microwave on medium for 8-10 minutes or I cover the rice with cold water to twice the depth of the (washed) rice in the pot, microwave on high for 2 minutes, then on medium for 8 minutes or on low for 12 minutes.
All water is absorbed and the result is perfectly cooked, fluffy rice.

It must be stressed that the rice should always be thoroughly washed under cold running water before cooking. That gets rid of the starch powder present on all milled rice and which during cooking will cause your rice to become a sticky mess.

To those who found this pot to be less than useful, I'd say that the most important ingredient in the preparation of meals is common sense and, really, it's not that difficult to transfer experience and knowledge of traditional cooking methods to microwave cookery.

Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ Family Size Combination Microwave Oven, 1000 Watt, Stainless Steel
Offered by Southern Electric

4.0 out of 5 stars Space saver, labour saver, money saver., 17 Sept. 2014
I have this appliance and use its convection function daily. I am a widower living on my own and find that it is a convenient, easy to use and much more economical alternative to my large built in fan oven and is much easier to keep clean.
I particularly like the simple preheat function which has an audible signal to to tell you when the oven is at the desired temperature.
I roast, bake, make casseroles and heat ready meals to perfection. I prepare puddings, e.g rice pudding, and cook them using the timer so that I can just leave them and go out. Those not meant to be eaten cold can then be reheated quickly with the microwave function.
I bought this model because it is a Panasonic and because it was the only one I could find with a drop down door, a feature which is far more convenient than the swing open kind.
All in all, this is a very useful piece of kit for someone living on their own and did I mention that it's reliable. Then it would be, it's a Panasonic, after all.

Grisport Unisex-Adult Strap Wellington Boots
Grisport Unisex-Adult Strap Wellington Boots
Price: £11.79 - £19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars They keep feet and lower legs dry., 17 Sept. 2014
Out of the box these look to be a bargain equivalent of more expensive rubber boots. However, the soles are thin and wear quickly.

Since I walk my dog early in the mornings through surrounding fields I have worn them quite a bit but only for about an hour each time. Within a short space of time I was feeling every small stone and even hay stubble through the soles and the tread was so worn down that they slipped on dew laden grass.

After 10 months of such use I ditched them as useless and have gone back to wearing far more expensive but infinitely more hardwearing and functional Aigle wellington boots.

Trite this may be but it really is true in this case that you get what you pay for.

Aigle Unisex-Adult Benyl Wellington Boots Green 9.5 UK
Aigle Unisex-Adult Benyl Wellington Boots Green 9.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fucking brilliant., 17 Sept. 2014
These are the best fitting rubber boots I've ever had. Great for my BDSM activities.

Upper Canada Gardeners Herbal Mint Loofah Soap Bar
Upper Canada Gardeners Herbal Mint Loofah Soap Bar

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective skin cleanser., 31 Aug. 2014
Gritty soap, subtle, pleasant smell and a good, gentle exfoliator.

Naturediet Sensitive 390 g (Pack of 18)
Naturediet Sensitive 390 g (Pack of 18)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's worth a try., 31 Aug. 2014
My dog doesn't like this food at all. She's a picky eater and it's back to boiled chicken, or boiled fish, and rice. It was worth a try but don't do what I did and buy a whole box on spec., find it in your local pet shop and try one or two individual packs first.
My neighbour's dog loved it but he doesn't have a sensitive GI system so I can't say how well this food addresses the issues that come with such a problem.

EnergyBrite, B22 Bayonet 6W Epistar LED Bulb, Ceramic GolfBall Shape, Warm White 3000K,Energy Saving

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright idea., 31 Aug. 2014
I saw the light some time ago. I have eight LED down lighters in my kitchen, three four watt golf ball LEDs in my dining room, six in the living room, three on the landing, nine in total in my three bedrooms, one of these six watt LED bulbs in the bathroom and one in the utility room.. That's 120 watts to more than adequately light a three bedroom house. I also have one of these 6 watt bulbs in each table and bedside lamp.

Klorkleen - 150 Detergent Chlorine (Bleach) Disinfectant Tablets 1 Tub
Klorkleen - 150 Detergent Chlorine (Bleach) Disinfectant Tablets 1 Tub
Offered by Maclin

5.0 out of 5 stars A good alternative to liquid bleach cleaning products., 31 Aug. 2014
These are very effective at keeping bathroom porcelain clean and free from stains. Their use may seem to be an expensive way to keep toilet bowls clean and germ free but, over time, that's not so compared with the amounts of popular liquid bleach products needed to achieve the same thing. They are so easily stored, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5