Profile for Lozatron > Reviews

Lozatron

Prestigio 4055 DUO 4 inch Dual Sim Free Smartphone with Stylish Leather Case
Prestigio 4055 DUO 4 inch Dual Sim Free Smartphone with Stylish Leather Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone., 1 Dec. 2013
Good phone, difficult to find phone with these specs for this price.

Duel sim great little feature, Got a 3 sim to use for cheap payg internet. Easy to choose which one to use for different features. Also means you've got an alternative network to use if one doesn't have signal.

Replaced a samsung phone which had worse specs for about the same price. Main reason for replacing is the lack of internal memory on the Samsung. Figured it'd be ok with a memory card, but some apps need to be installed on internal memory. Got fed up with having outdated gmail, google maps and youtube and still being told I've run out of memory, no such problem on this phone.

Main downsides are;

The tilt sensor works only at 90 degree intervals, which rules out many games; however I've never really been a fan of mobile phone games.

No compass, but mobile phone compasses never much good in my experience.

The charger (uk) that came with mine seemed a bit dodgy, touch screen didn't function properly when plugged in, just used an old one that seems to work fine.

Difficult to find any case that fits, (supplied with a case but I usually prefer a wallet / phone case combo.

Other than that, excellent phone. Reccommend.

Genius HP-02 Live Noise-isolation: 31710069100 (31710069100)
Genius HP-02 Live Noise-isolation: 31710069100 (31710069100)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones., 5 May 2013
Great headphones, fantastic sound quality particularly for the low price. Had these for a few years and probably will replace them with the same again. (Some damage over the years from running them over with wheely chairs and getting them caught on things) but held up as well as could be expected.

Yeah great sounds, word of warning is that you can hear very little else when you've got them on, so be careful crossing the road etc. Firm recommendation from me.

Born Survivor Bear Grylls Season 1 [DVD]
Born Survivor Bear Grylls Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bear Grylls

2.0 out of 5 stars Bear-ly believable., 22 April 2013
I'm no expert on survival but some of the advice that Bear dishes out seems sketchy to put it lightly. I mean the man seems to intentionally get himself into a worse and worse situations. He chooses very strange places to find food, often abandoned mine workings or caves that he 'apparently' has no idea whether he can get out of. Often his only rewards for such dangerous endevours is a meal of a cricket or spider which hardly seems worth the effort. He gives himself dysentery from eating bugs full of puss which cannot possibly aid survival uncooked. Instead of going round, or even looking for a way around geographic obstacles he dangerously uses improvised climbing gear which inevitably breaks (luckily it's always just when the break doesn't cause him to die, only dramatically fall the last bit of the climb.)

Bear seems to give no heed to navigation, he walks/boats/falls aimlessly through his little outings. He seems to often claim he has no idea where he is in one sentence then goes on to tell you an incredulous story about a local who he knows in another. Despite his aimless walkabout style of navigation, he always seems to end the up right at a waiting helicopter or boat, which he jumps into like he's in the Nam. Occasionally he'll finish the show by jumping onto a moving train or lorry with a blatant disregard for any local laws, either that or the whole thing is staged and presented as fact.

Despite this negative review, the man is entertaining as is his show. However I do personally feel the show shouldn't be presented as fact or advice.

Children of Men [Blu-ray][Region Free] [2006]
Children of Men [Blu-ray][Region Free] [2006]
Dvd ~ Clive Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 24 Jan. 2013
All round fantastic film, great cinematography, story, characters. Lovely stuff. Can highly recommend this film to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Jabra Street II Stereo Bluetooth Mobile Headset - Black
Jabra Street II Stereo Bluetooth Mobile Headset - Black
Offered by total digital stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product not perfect, 1 Nov. 2012
Bought this couple of years ago, surprised to see it's more expensive now than it was then. Paid £38 for it back then for the model in black. It's got a fair battery life, sound quality is pretty good; not perfect but I don't expect that on a bluetooth device (there's a bit of hiss in silences). It's still perfectly adequate for listening to music through (not tinny or anything) - although I've changed the headphones for my favourite in ear pair and I can't remember what the original ones were like.

Pros - Easy to set up (with the instruction manual), worked fine with my old windows mobile phone and my newer android one, Good sound quality for bluetooth, good battery life (the stated 8 hours talktime or 8 days standby seems about right) easy and quick to charge (mini usb).

Cons - Little clothing clip fell off and lost long ago, difficult to get working with windows 7 (although I did manage it somehow and Jabra may have provided a driver update by now), Without a screen you do need to know the product well or have the instructions handy when setting it up with a new device. (The thing uses sounds and coloured lights as a code to what state it's in.)

That's about it. Recommend it although £60 is very steep.

Hubble: Window on the Universe
Hubble: Window on the Universe
by Giles Sparrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular book., 1 Nov. 2012
Amazon emailed me to suggest I trade this book in. Well they're not getting it back. Stunning pictures. Previous reviews aren't exaggerating - this is a big book. But it needs to be to do the pictures justice. At £8 it's a bargain.

HP Deskjet 1220C
HP Deskjet 1220C

5.0 out of 5 stars HP bring back the 1220c, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1220C (Electronics)
Fantastic printer, this is less of a review and more of a plea for HP to put it back into production. Had the thing for around a decade now and it still runs as smoothly as the day I got it out of the box. The only problems I've ever had with it relate to buying re-manufactured cartridges (dodgy contacts or low quality ink, although most work fine and I still use re-manufactured.) The printer itself has never let me down. Not once; it shows no sign of age I wouldn't be surprised if it was still going strong in another decade.

When it finally does fail I'm disappointed I won't be able to replace this printer with an identical brand new one. Although I will be buying a Hewlett Packard. Great company who probably miss out on a lot of profit by the virtue that their products very rarely need replacing.

Travels with Rosinante: 5 Years' Cycling Round the World
Travels with Rosinante: 5 Years' Cycling Round the World
by Bernard Magnouloux

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Stuff, 18 Jun. 2012
Great book, well written and an interesting read. Bernard the author is clearly mad. Whilst most cyclists I know or have read about take great care to minimize weight on their bike and in their luggage, Bernard seems intent on carrying as much as possible and bolting heavy things to his bike. As if trying to cycle over mountain ranges, through deserts and jungle isn't hard enough.

On his trip round the world Bernard gets himself into no end of scrapes, near death experiences and genrally crazy situations. Frankly I'm surprised he survived long enough to write the book.

PowerBee ® Explorer Pro solar phone charger pack for nearly all UK mobile phones, iPhone 2G 3G 3s 4, Ipods, PSP's, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, Tom Tom, mp3 players, and nearly all handhelds in the UK
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Company & Product, 14 Jun. 2012
Great product. Bought the Powerbee Power Panel & Executive powerpack directly from the Powerbee website (was a bit strange that it was cheaper to buy the products individually rather than as a set.) Tried out the product on a cycle camping trip after charging it through USB, managed to keep my power hungry mobile phone with GPS switched on going for several days and the Powerpack was still half full!

Realised after I'd finished that test that there was a problem and the powerpanel wasn't working. Phoned up the company and got right through to Andy who was very helpful, sent the powerpanel back and within a few days a new one arrived in the post. Testing it hanging up the powerpanel in a window through frosted glass in unfavourable conditions it still charges the powerpack effectively.

Off on a 2 week cycling / camping trip soon which I'm hoping to navigate using GPS the whole way (reason for buying this kit) I will comment on this review to provide an update on how that goes.

All in all. Great product, great company. Firmly recommended.

I've also bought the wind up radio / torch from this company which also has served me well.

Update - Sorry nobody finds me useful. Product worked pretty well on my cycle trip, weather was pretty bad, but still managed to get a bit of charge from the sun (I'd estimate could charge my phone about once every two days using only the (larger) solar panel in northern European wet summertime) Since I was using the GPS almost constantly my phone required charging about every 4 hours so I mostly relied on plugging the powerpack in at campsites or wherever the opportunity to be near a plug socket came about. The full powerpack would charge my phone fully about twice.

My phone ended up breaking about 2/3 of the way through the trip. However the Powerpanel and powerpack have been pretty reliable. Left them out during a downpour and didn't seem to be any problem.

One gripe I would make is that the usb plug on the powerpanel is a bit delicate, for this reason I've downgraded my review to four stars. Since my trip I broke it by shoving it into a rucksack pocket with a cable attached. Could have sent it back again, but decided to just solder it back on myself, which worked fine, I also made sure it wouldn't happen again by using electrical tape to secure the usb plug to the solar panel (you can't see this since the solar panel is inside a fabric and plastic case.)

Overall I would still recommend this product, the Executive power-pack itself is very tough and works great just by itself. The powerpanel is great too, although delicate usb socket means you'll either had to be careful with it or adapt it like I did to make it a bit tougher.