Profile for MrsLeilaB > Reviews

Content by MrsLeilaB

MrsLeilaB

Gaia Nursing Bra Mama (Beige, 36E)
Gaia Nursing Bra Mama (Beige, 36E)
Offered by OtherEden

3.0 out of 5 stars Average bra, not the best shape., 3 April 2016
This review is from: Gaia Nursing Bra Mama (Apparel)
Fits reasonable well, but does not give great shape. Clips are a little high up and harder to manage than on a more rigid t-shirt bra.

Morphy Richards 332000 Power Steam Elite Steam Generator Iron with Autoclean
Morphy Richards 332000 Power Steam Elite Steam Generator Iron with Autoclean

1.0 out of 5 stars Steam did not work..., 3 April 2016
After much research, I decided on this one due to its 6.5 bar pressure and 2.2 litre reservoir. Got it out, filled it up and heard the pump. Then nothing. No steam. I tried turning off and on again, but nothing. I have sent it back.

J Pillow Travel Pillow - British Invention of the Year 2013 - (Navy)
J Pillow Travel Pillow - British Invention of the Year 2013 - (Navy)
Offered by Jensen's Inventions

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST!, 11 Dec. 2015
I first bought this pillow over a year ago. I commute between Bordeaux and London, so spend a couple of hours on a plane most weeks. This pillow has been AMAZING! As with many commuters, I have attendance to want to sleep as soon as I get on the plane! There are no other pillows that give this level of support, nor had I ever found a pillow that I could use in an aisle seat, until I bought this.Unfortunately, I left my first one in Gatwick after a year of use and had to replace it. The new one states it is washable and I have washed it on 30 degrees. It came out perfect. Fabulous product - you will never be able to go back to normal neck pillow after this one!

Crock-Pot Digital Countdown Slow Cooker, 4.7 Litre - Gloss Black
Crock-Pot Digital Countdown Slow Cooker, 4.7 Litre - Gloss Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic appliance and a perfect size for our family of 4, 4 Feb. 2014
Having owned a very large Morphy Richards slow cooker years ago and not used it very often (eventually sold it), I was a little anxious about buying another. I needn't have worried as this slow cooker is superb!

We stopped eating processed foods for main meals nearly two years ago and this meant that we were making all our dinners from scratch - even down to the stock we used. As some stock recipes call for the bones to be cooked for 24 hours, I decided it was time to invest in a new one. Having looked at many reviews, I decided that one with a countdown timer would be the most useful for us. Since buying it I have cooked up beef stock (24 hours), chicken stock (12 hours), slow roasted joints of pork (16 hours and then roasted in the oven for a superb crackling), vegetable tagines (5 hours), curries and soups.

Pros:

Is a perfect size for us (a family of 4).
Doesn't take up too much room in my (minute) kitchen (although it can't stay out on the side when it's idle as I literally have zero space on my kitchen side).
Cooks well and at a good rate, with meals coming out wonderful and flavoursome.
Pot and lid go in the dishwasher.

Cons:

Not big enough to do a double portion of dinner (not many leftovers after we've dished up!)
Is fairly fragile (I have chipped it the teeniest bit on the outside - just cosmetic, but annoying nonetheless!)

Overall, I am super pleased with my purchase and this has become one of my essential kitchen items.

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans
Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans
by Michelle Tam

5.0 out of 5 stars Want a new cookbook? Buy this one!, 4 Feb. 2014
If you are new to eating Paleo, or just in need of some new ideas, this is the book for you. It is fair to say that this is not just a recipe book - it is so much more. It is an A-Z guide of cooking, from the the most basic to the sublime and I guarantee it will have you in the kitchen eager to cook up a storm! It is charming, beautifully photographed, witty and informative, all without being too 'sciency'.

The step-by-step, clear photos for every recipe and funky illustrations throughout make this so easy to use. It seems they have combined fonts, photos and pictures perfectly, so that each page plays out its recipe without you having to laboriously pore over it. The recommendations for kitchen tools/utensils, supplies, sauces and spices and advice on how and when to use them is invaluable and a definite read if, like me, you have been debating on which essentials you really should have to help in the kitchen. There is plenty of nutritional advice in a nice, easy-to-read format and lots of tips on how to stay on track if you are trying to eat Paleo.

I have been eating Paleo for nearly two years and although my family are supportive, getting this book has been the catalyst to getting them to change their eating habits. My husband and daughter have finally ditched their cereal in favour of Maple Sausage Patties and we have had Curried Cream of Broccoli Soup 3 weeks running. We served it to our local greengrocer across the road (as she was intrigued by the mix of ingredients used) and she loved it too!

There is not a week that goes by now, without consulting and cooking from this book at least twice. My daughter loves the little cartoons in it and likes to read out the little captions on various pages when she's flicking through. The recipes are simple, yet beuatiul and have bought new flavours into our kitchen and our home. Not only has it inspired us, but all the little tips and tricks have been so useful (like how to really caramalize your onions). I love this book so much, I have bought 3 copies - one for our home, one for my sister-in-law and another for my brother. Want a new cookbook? Buy this one!

Hypnobirthing: The Breakthrough to Safer, Easier, More Comfortable Childbirth
Hypnobirthing: The Breakthrough to Safer, Easier, More Comfortable Childbirth
by Marie Mongan

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect accompaniment to the Hypnobirthing course, 23 Jan. 2013
So I bought this book twice and then got another one when I joined the Hypnobirthing course. They have all been passed onto other mothers and I try to spread the word as much as possible. Hypnobirthing is the way forward. For those of you who like a challenge, have a supportive birthing partner and have no health concerns, I would recommend choosing Hypnobirthing and this book to get you started.

The book covers all the basics and gives you a good history of how Hypnobirthing came about. It is easy to read and really helps you to understand why it can be so beneficial to have a natural birth. Some of the theories and visualisations can seem way out there, but that is the point! The mind is an incredible thing and we can actually programme it to feel less pain. This book is a great start,but to get the full benefits, you really should enrol on a course too. My midwife (a special homebirth midwife in the USA - we moved there for a year-it's a long story!) told us that people who had attended the course fared better than those who just had the book, but all hypno mothers did well.

I'm a regular woman, like you. I had my first child in hospital after being induced when my waters broke at 35 weeks. I was screaming the place down in agony when I was 2 cms dialated. I had pethidine and an epidural. My baby ended up in NICU and I was out of it for the night, unable to sleep, separated from my baby and high on pethidine. I vowed never again!! For my Hypno labour I managed to do 11 hours (up until 10 cms dilated) with no pain, just uncomfortable pressure. When the baby entered the birth canal and my waters broke, I was in pain for about 40 minutes. This may all seem irrelevant, but what I'm trying to say is this book inspired me to try Hypnobirthing. Three other people I know who have done it, tell me that although they did not have a home birth/natural birth, the book helped them to visualise and keep control of their breathing and their labour.

Time and again people tell us how relaxed, smiley and happy our 18 month old is and although I had read about hypnobabies being more calm, I can now testify that it is true! Buy this book - it may help you too.

Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder (Colours May Vary)
Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder (Colours May Vary)
Offered by BabySecurity

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic invention!, 23 Jan. 2013
These are amazing! So good, that these ones I have just bought are a gift for a friend. Perfect for health conscious parents, who do not always want to give their babies biscuits to snack on. You can put any fruit in there and be perfectly satisfied that no lumps will come out to cause a choking hard. Also, cold carrots work wonders for teething in these things!

Pros:
- Nice design, pretty colours
- No food escapes, so safe to leave with your baby (of course never leave them unattended with it, but you don't have to hawk-eye them with these!)
- Easy to hold for both the parent and then when your baby grows, easy for them to grip the handle (which can also double as a teether)
- Easy to clip open and shut, but firm enough so that baby cannot open it.
- You can put a whole roast dinner in one for them to chew on (very small portions, but you get what I mean!)
- Dishwasher safe.

Cons
- Washing these suckers is a royal pain! If you use banana, be sure to rinse the net pretty quickly after and get as much as you can off the net before you stick it in the dishwasher.

I see that people have complained about washing these , but for me, the fact my baby can eat fruit/vegetables from a younger age, rather than rusks/biscuits outweighs any cleaning issues. I had two - always nice to have a spare, in case one is in the dishwasher.

Go ahead - buy one (or two)!

Miss Sixty Haniko Women's Dress Black Medium
Miss Sixty Haniko Women's Dress Black Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful dress-too large for me though :(, 23 Jan. 2013
A beautiful dress, and would have been a complete bargain at the sale price of just under 48 quid. However, the medium size came up very large on me and they had sold out of small in that colour.

The fabric was nice and light, with an inner lining. I felt very glamorous wearing it, even if it was too big!