Profile for Aislinn's opinion > Reviews

Content by Aislinn's opinion

Aislinn's opinion

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir)
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir)
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars really laugh out loud!, 6 Jan 2014
Found Jenny through twitter feed, then the blog. Love, love this book! My husband kept asking me why I was laughing; -too many reasons!
:D

7lbs in 7 Days Super Juice Diet
7lbs in 7 Days Super Juice Diet
Price: 5.89

5.0 out of 5 stars the one that works for me, 27 Sep 2011
I think for the rest of my life, this is the only way i would consider losing any weight.

I do this juice-week once, and if i feel particularly slugish maybe twice a year, i.e. new year and in summer IF a bikini holiday is looming. It helped me shift the weight i put on when i had my little girl, and keeps me in my skinny jeans.

I prefer this method because; along with it being quick, i do personally feel better slimming on raw fruit and vegetables, rather than calorie counting, and i'm not one to go hungry. If you feel hungry and want more fuel, use your common sense; have a drink of water and/or make yourself another juice, it's only fruit & veg!

I got the book free when i replaced a rubbish juicer with the philips model Jason Vale happens to recommend. Some reviewers have sighted that they found 'the diet expensive'. How expensive it all is depends on your choices. Getting a decent juicer can be initially expensive, but the better the juicer the more juice you will get out of your fruit and veg, and the more likely you are to use it regularly. Set it off against any carton juices you usually buy throughtout the years. And wand blenders are quite cheap.
Keep costs down by buying ripe fruit and veg at a market, or go to your fruit and veg shop an hour before it closes to get the quick sell deals. You are buying your fruit and veg for pretty much immediate use, of which 'use' means squashed & squeezed to bits so it doesn't matter what it looks like. Do a price search on the internet for your suppliments such as; Wheatgrass, Spirulina and Lactobacillus acidophilus. Read the book before you go shopping to find out which suppliments and equipment you are ok without, don't just read the shopping list. I've made it sound a faff, but with a decent juicer you have your meal in under a minute, with only about 5 pieces of washing up!

As a bonus, i found out that my 3 year old likes the taste of the juices too, which is a relief, as unfortunatley she is suspicious of most fruit and vegtables. So juicing is a brilliant way of ADDING fresh fruit and vegetables into your children's daily menu. -just to clarify she was not doing any dieting!

Treat this weight loss/health injection as you will, and you'll get out of it what ever effort you put in. Read the whole book to keep your motivation going, and you will have more sucess against food envy.

oh, one more thing; i did buy is the 7days 7lbs wall chart from the juice masters website. I found it easier to have all the recipes on one piece of paper on the fridge just incase i ran out of an ingredient, i could quickly find another recipe to swap it out with.

Easy French Storybook: Goldilocks and the Three Bears: Boucle D'or et les Trois Ours (Mcgraw-Hill's Easy French Storybook)
Price: 6.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy french storybook, 20 July 2011
Good book, however the kindle version does not offer any audio alternative for the cd, which would be useful for pronunciation.