Profile for Alistair White > Reviews

Shootility SightSet
Shootility SightSet
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on!, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Shootility SightSet (App)
Excellent app. Easy to use and has paid for itself multiple times over in the ammunition and time it has saved me. Would highly recommend to anyone into shooting, from air rifles to full bore!

Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC)
Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12 (PC)
Offered by eoutlet-uk
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great software, 19 Jan 2014
I bought this as an eager amateur, hoping to use it to put together some of my footage taken from airshows among other things. It's easy to grasp and the tutorials within the program itself help a lot to new comers. I'm no pro when it comes to these things but I felt I managed to get a fairly polished video completed within a couple of hours. As with all these things though there's a learning curve, your second video will always out-do the first once you've learned of the new functionality.
I would have given 5 stars but I've some issues with it crashing when using the BlueFX Titler with it. Having spoken to support (Not Sony as it's an independent plug-in) it's down to some sort of compatibility error with a fix yet to be made, which is a bit of a disappointment.
Nevertheless this is a fantastic piece of video software, far superior to Windows Movie Maker for anyone who was wondering. Price is ideal too, not too expensive but importantly features operations that free video editing software doesn't have and doesn't have the expensive operations that 99% of us amateurs would never use.

Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre
Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre
Offered by iBox Ltd
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 19 Jan 2014
There's not a lot to say really. I bought a couple and they both work perfectly, can't tell any difference from the previous cable I was using (DVI to DVI). Absolute bargain at the price too when you compare to the prices many electrical dealers sell things like these for

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little box, 19 Jan 2014
I bought this box to run my PS4 through the same monitor I use for my PC. I was unsure whether to get the little remote controlled one for a pound more (More if I needed it than anything else) but having read other people's reviews saying that it auto-switches anyway I got this one. It's a nice little thing and true enough when I turn either on it switches to that input. Fantastic little device for the money, looks nice with its attractive blue LEDs too. Definitely worth more than I paid for it