Profile for macpat > Reviews

Content by macpat

macpat

FUSION - Set of 12 High Quality Bamboo Carbonized Crochet Hooks Needles 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5, 5.5, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm and 10mm in a plastic partitioned wallet/case
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bamboo crochet hooks, 1 Nov 2013
I was apprehensive about ordering the set of Avax crochet hooks because they seemed incredibly cheap. I certainly did'nt think they would be such good quality. They are beautifully finished and comfortable to hold. I actually ordered 2 packs by mistake but was so pleased with them that I gave the 2nd set to a friend as a gift. She was delighted. A lovely set of twelve hooks at great value for money.

Meerkat & Pup Garden Ornament with Lantern
Meerkat & Pup Garden Ornament with Lantern

3.0 out of 5 stars Meercat with lantern., 8 May 2013
I bought this for a gift for my sister and had it sent to her address. It is good quality for what it is but I thought it was solar powered and learned that it is battery powered. That was disappointing but was probably my own fauly for not reading through the description.

A4 Paper Pack Double Sided (30pk) - Country Companions
A4 Paper Pack Double Sided (30pk) - Country Companions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great double sided paper, 8 May 2013
I received this item in reasonable time. It is good quality and value for the money. I would buy it again.

Hot Fuel Rods - Pack of 12
Hot Fuel Rods - Pack of 12
Offered by HobbyHome

1.0 out of 5 stars Hot fuel rods, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Hot Fuel Rods - Pack of 12 (Misc.)
I have been using this type of hand warmer for 15 years. This is the first time I have used this brand of fuel stick. They simply didn't work! I wasted three just trying to get them to stay alight. They are much darker in colour than my usual brand and also seem to be much more granular. It's not that I am not used to using this type of stick......they just didn't work and I definitely wouldn't buy them again. I've wasted £3.70 but I'll get over it.

Butterfly Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Gasket
Butterfly Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Gasket
Offered by Indiabazaar

4.0 out of 5 stars Butterfly Gasket, 6 Nov 2011
I ordered this item despite the one review which warned 'buyer beware' I ordered it because my pressure cooker is useless without it. I too, found the gasket a perfect fit but found it impossible to close the lid.Even my son, using brute force, could not close it. I then found that a tiny amount of olive oil smeared around the gasket, enabled it to close more easily but still with difficulty. However, I only needed to do the 'oil thing' once and after cooking three meals in it, the gasket is now nicely bedded in and is very easy to close. So, I am very pleased with my purchase.

Peugeot Tahiti Noir Mat Pepper Mill, 15cm
Peugeot Tahiti Noir Mat Pepper Mill, 15cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mill in the world, 8 Oct 2011
Although not this specific model,I bought my Peugeot Peppermill 38 years ago from a stand at an agricultural show and this review is really about the mechanism. I remember feeling very guilty at spending (then) £15.00 on a peppermill. The mechanism is amazing and grinds as good now as when I first bought it. When it was fifteen years old, I dropped it and the wooden casing split. I took it to a wood turner and he made a new casing and so my wonderful peppermill is still going strong. Everone who uses it comments on the way it grinds. I cannot recommend Peugeot Peppermills too highly.