Profile for Severnbore > Reviews

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i for PC/MAC
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i for PC/MAC
Offered by ScanHouse-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fujitsu ScanSnapSI300i, 24 Oct 2012
This is a fantastic piece of kit and one I wish had been on the market years ago. Due to my lifestyle I have a small office at home which became bogged down with folders of minutes, etc of organisastions that I belong to. In a matter of two weeks I have scanned every sheet of paper and filed them onto my PC, then disposed of the paper via the recycling box!
Then I began scanning the hundreds of business cards which I have. So simple and effective, the scanned card appears on my PC screen with the relevant details filed into a form ready for searching when required.
When not in use the paper scanner sits on the desk, out of the way and hardly taking up any valuable space. The instructions say that it will scan up to ten double sided sheets of paper. I regularly scan reports of at least twenty sheet with no problems, as long as I remember to remove the staples! One double sided sheet of A4 takes just a few seconds to scan and that is the the paper scanner set at "best" setting.
I have yet to use the other facilities on the paper scanner, but I have no doubt that are as good as those I am currently using to get rid of all those files in my office. What a joy to see loads of space on the shelves that I can make better use of than loads of ring binders cluttering them up.

The Long Walk: The Story that Inspired the Major Motion Picture: The Way Back: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom
by Slavomir Rawicz

4.0 out of 5 stars The Long Walk, 21 April 2012
Having watched the film of this title which is based on the book, I was compelled to read the story for myself. I was not disappointed and surprisingly whilst reading the book did not compare it to the film. My only criticism is that the story fades towards the end, but don't let that put you off reading this good book.

IBRA® 3M Master Gold Digital Optical Cable - suitable for PS3, Sky, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps
Offered by HD ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally fast delivery, 23 May 2011
I ordered this HDMI cable on Thursday and it was through my letterbox on Friday. I soon had it plugged between my Blu-ray player and TV and it worked with no problems. In fact the quality exceeds the HDMI cable it was replacing so worth purchasing the extra quality specification.

Samsung BD-D8900 Blu-ray 3D Player with Freeview HD and PVR Upto 1TB
Samsung BD-D8900 Blu-ray 3D Player with Freeview HD and PVR Upto 1TB

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the wow factor for me, 23 May 2011
I trawled the Internet searching for a review of the Samsung BD D8900 Blu-ray 3D player with no success. Therefore I took a gamble and went ahead and purchased one. Within 3 days it arrived and eagerly I removed the packaging, connected the correct cabling to my TV and turned it on. All worked well and I was immediately impressed with the picture quality and all the extras that this machine provides. Bearing in mind that it was delivered to me on a Saturday morning, (not many couriers provide this service), cheered me up as I now didn't have the inconvenience of waiting until Monday, then to make sure someone was at home to accept it.
Following lunch I turned it off and having disconnected the cabling placed the unit in its permanent location beneath the TV. However it was locked onto one channel only and as much as tried using the hand controller and manual buttons on the unit I could not unlock it. I accessed Samsung's web site and found a UK contact number but didn't hold much hope of someone answering my call being a Saturday afternoon. How pleased I was that almost immediately my call was answered and I was quickly talked through the sequence of unlocking the unit. It was simple, the only button on the unit I had not tried was the one to unlock the unit!
My only criticsm is the handbook. Although comprehensive it does not explain everything quite as I would have liked. For me that was not a problem as the basics are simple and with patience it is quite easy to learn how to get the best out of the unit.
One of the reasons I bought this machine was to also use it with a HD projector in my home cinema. I have a large pull down screen and the picture quality when the screen is filled to full size is out of this world. One of my first treats was to watch the Spanish Grand Prix. Motor racing these days can be boring but not when watching with this Samsung BD D8900 Blu-ray Freeview player.