Profile for Lee Cooper > Reviews

Content by Lee Cooper

Lee Cooper "john keely" (UK)

Timex Expedition Full Pusher Shock, Black Strap, LCD Dial - T49896
Timex Expedition Full Pusher Shock, Black Strap, LCD Dial - T49896

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., 20 Mar 2014
Watch turned up and I really liked the look and feel of it. The problem is they've clearly cut costs to the bone and it shows. This thing isn't worth £1 let alone £40.

There's no way the glass is mineral as (mis)advertised. Bought one for my dad and after he wore it in bed one night the 'glass' had a big deep gouge in it, and it's not like there was anything particularly sharp it could have encountered. From the feel of it, this is clearly plastic not glass, and soft plastic at that.

Within a month the light has failed on mine- makes it pretty useless as the display is pretty dark anyway so you often need the light to read the date.

Wouldn't buy Timex again, they got greedy IMO. I have an old timex that is a few years old and is still running strong. Far superior watch.

Wonky [Digipack]
Wonky [Digipack]

1.0 out of 5 stars Gobsmacked... in a bad way., 10 April 2012
This review is from: Wonky [Digipack] (Audio CD)
I can't believe the brothers let this one out of the door. This sounds like any indistinct Eurobeat from a rash of inferior bands.

I say this as someone who has bought everything Orbital has put out on CD. The title track is the only thing that sounded remotely interesting with a hint of Orbital's patent quirk and even then I'm not overly keen on half the lyrics. With such a track record behind them, maybe they're just running out of ideas?

Orbital's style... Where Is It Going?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2012 12:07 PM BST

Netgear ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 Home Storage Solution ( 2 Bay ) - No Drives Included

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 17 Sep 2010
I would consider myself reasonably knowledgeable about computers, however I am no networking expert. The ReadyNAS portrays an Image of being very simple to use with its web interface, however I have had nothing but problems with it. After weeks of assorted problems and flaky performance when it worked at all, despite my best efforts to remedy the problems with the help of the Netgear forums, I have come to the conclusion that this is just a poor product.

I'm cutting my losses and giving the damn thing away. Life is too short.

Dunlop DUN-46-G01 Champion Gents Watch
Dunlop DUN-46-G01 Champion Gents Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars 100m water resistant?, 8 Jan 2010
I wore it in the bath a couple of times and it took on water. I'm pretty sure the bath wasn't 100m deep.

Das Boot - The Mini Series (2 Disc Uncut Version) [DVD] [2004]
Das Boot - The Mini Series (2 Disc Uncut Version) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jürgen Prochnow

5.0 out of 5 stars THE superior WW2 film, bar none., 7 Aug 2009
This piece is refreshingly free of the nationalistic propaganda present in many other films of the genre, and makes the majority look amateurish in comparison.

Do yourself a big favour and forego the English dubbed version. They did a poor job and changed vast swathes of the dialogue in the name of 'political correctness', losing some of the film's charm in the process.

The Foley Room
The Foley Room

3.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant..., 20 April 2007
This review is from: The Foley Room (Audio CD)
I'm a big fan of Tobin's, but this album does nothing for me. I spent most of the time thinking 'nice sounds, but when does the music start?'

A definite try before you buy for fans of his previous works.

*Edit* Perhaps I was a bit harsh. It has grown on me somewhat, but still only 3 stars.

Freecom Hard Drive 400GB USB-2, silver
Freecom Hard Drive 400GB USB-2, silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Pukka drive at this price - pukka drive full-stop., 28 Mar 2007
The case is about as small as you can get to hold a 3.5 drive. It looks good, the price is right and the drive inside the case is a quiet and reliable make.

Deep Cover: MUSIC FROM THE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
Deep Cover: MUSIC FROM THE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
Offered by EliteDigital UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 29 Nov 2006
The real annoyance is that I bought this mainly to get hold of the moody ambient piece that plays during the film's love scene. I find it's called 'John and Betty's Theme' and lasts only two and a half minutes... so cut down it's really just a sampler.

As for the rap side, there are far superior albums... a lot of filler tracks on here I can't remember from the (excellent) film... perhaps some guy was listening to them on a walkman as he passed the main character in a crowded street?
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2013 6:45 PM BST