Profile for Jon W > Reviews

Content by Jon W

Jon W

Page: 1 | 2
Minidiva® Hot Yoga Towel Mat Non Slip Blanket With Silicone Plate Dots + Mesh Carry Bag Purple 72" x 24"
Offered by KVISA

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice Yoga mat!, 19 May 2015
After receiving this review product from the manufacturer, this fantastic mat has been reviewed by my fianceé. Our comments are our own personal opinion of this product:

- Comes with the bag (as pictured) which is a really nice addition to keep is stored away safe, or if she needs to take it to the gym and back;
- It's actually really aesthetically pleasing with little flowers on the back to provide the non-slip element which works well; With the colour being purple it may not be suited to most guys, but personally it wouldn't bother me if my fianceé tries to make me take up yoga too!
- As another reviewer has mentioned but it's particularly good at absorbing sweat and washes easily at 40 degrees C;
- The quality of the product overall is high and therefore she and I can wholeheartedly recommend it for yoga.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab little light!, 19 May 2015
After receiving this review device, here are my thoughts on the product. First of all I should say that this is my first USB LED light so was very excited to try it.

I am very much in favour of a recent shift from using standard 3 pin plugs into USB for powering devices. With LED's being a lower power emitter of light I can see how this is a perfect combination.

Pros:

- This thing is unashamedly minimal in design. Being a designer, I'm one for sleek and elegant lines and this definitely ticks that box;
- It has a beautiful glass base which is great because the weight of it stops it from being knocked over accidentally;
- The length of the USB cord is generous to say the least, which I definitely see as a plus;
- It's brighter than my old bedside lamp!!
- It also has been designed to dissipate heat well (LED's produce little heat as a rule anyway) so it doesn't get particularly hot;
- It's nice that it can pivot 90 degrees;
- After using it as a replacement for my bedside lamp I can genuinely say that it's a huge improvement. I'm also aware that I won't need to go replacing bulbs every 6 months, so it's easier on the pocket.
- It comes with a US plug but DOES come with an adapter as well! That said, it's USB so I didn't need to use it.

Cons:
- The manual oddly states that it has 4 levels of brightness which it doesn't. It's on and off;
- The connection in at the pivot is ever so slightly flimsy feeling. However as a light piece of kit, it doesn't really cause any concern.

This is a genuinely nice product from DBPower.

Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810  - UK layout
Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 - UK layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Best keyboard ever!, 19 May 2015
This is expensive but after using a similar wireless Apple keyboard this is literally the best keyboard I've ever used, even though I miss the numpad on the right! Great battery, backlit (with brightness detection) metal frame and really nice chic keys.

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (Retail Packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for AutoCAD, if......, 19 May 2015
Such a good mouse - you can't beat the range of BT. For AutoCAD users - beware, the Microsoft drivers create a delay between the middle mouse button presses and what actually happens on the screen.

To solve this, uninstall the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard software and use the Windows default and then it works fine :)

LP205R - PowerPoint Clicker - Wireless Presenter Remote with Laser Pointer (<1mW)
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Teachers dream!, 19 May 2015
I love this thing!!! Small and perfect for teaching!

Samsung Wireless Charging Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Black
Samsung Wireless Charging Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 19 May 2015
It's good and does what it says on the tin.

The only annoyance is the extra thickness and weight it adds to the phone as well as sometimes if it's not positioned correctly on the charging pad it doesn't charge at all! Aside from that, another high quality Samsung product.

DBPOWER P101 Electric Cordless Pet Trimmer, Dog Cat Hair Clipper (AA batteries is not include)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a pet that needs a quick trim!, 19 May 2015
If you pooch need a trim, I can't think of a better product than this! After receiving this review device from DBPower, here is my verdict:

Generally speaking the product is very small and comes with two blade covers so you can trim your pet's hair to a particular length (much like human electric hair razors). The ceramic element is something found on more expensive devices and it's great because it ensures that it stays sharp through the product's lifespan.

The only thing you will need to provide is 2X AA batteries. I would suggest this is better than an internal battery that is non-removable because after a time they become unusable (bitter experience) and therefore the product needs to be binned. Allowing for standard AA batteries is a plus for sure!

As a trimmer it's not particularly noisy which I suppose is good if you have an animal who hates the cutting process! The design is also quite sweet with a little bone for an on and off switch. Minor detail, but nice nonetheless (prevents confusion when you're looking for your own hair razor!)

The instructions do leave a little to be desired, but generally it's an on and off switch with adjustable blades. Also I would suggest investing in some oil for the blades to allow this trimmer to have a longer life, (and not to end up pulling on your pet's hair).

The only thing I haven't been able to ascertain as of yet is the duration of battery life as I've not had it long enough yet.

Overall this is great value for money hence the 5 star review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AKG K551 Reference-Class Over-ear Headphones with In-Line Remote and Microphone - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'phones!, 15 Mar. 2015
I know many people have said they aren't bassy, but if you drive them properly they kick some serious butt. I use a Fiio device to drive mine and they are astonishingly good. Highly recommended.

ASUS USB Bluetooth Adapter 4.0 Dongle, Micro Plug and Play with Integrated Antenna Model USB-BT400

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Mar. 2015
Works perfectly well with great range!

DBPOWER Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Dual Passive Radiators / Subwoofers for Bass, 8-hour Playtime, Portable Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More
Offered by GBPower

5.0 out of 5 stars A true 7-in-1 bluetooth speaker device., 15 Mar. 2015
So much device, in such a small package at such a great price, it almost sounds too good to be true. Here are my findings:

Battery: As with most good devices these days, it can be charged using a 5V microUSB cable (supplied in the box), and seems to charge very quickly given the size of the unit. Personally I leave it plugged into the wall as my main alarm clock so haven't really tested the battery in full. But what I can say is it's great to just be able to unplug it and take it out, and use it anywhere and it's always charged because it sits plugged in next to my bed.

Aesthetics: The black and red look just works for me alongside a subtle and not over bright clock recessed at the top. With a slight angle, and a slightly rubbery texture not only does it look the part, it has a nice tactile finish to it.

Dimensions: 240x55x61mm equates to a baggable device that you can easily take anywhere. It's not a featherweight, but that's a good thing because a very light speaker is a tinny sounding speaker (as a rule of thumb!) It also incases the 1500 mAh battery.

Bluetooth: Very straightforward to pair and provides a decent connection between the device and source (in my case a Samsung Note 3). The device supports basic A2DP settings, thus allowing the speaker to control the music in terms of play, pause, forward and back a track. It has a speaker built in so conversations can occur remotely as well as providing an option to redial the last number directly from the speaker. Oh, and it works!

USB/TF/AUX: This device is not short on inputs, which is amazing really given the price. You can play MP3/WMA/WAV/PE/FLAC files directly from a USB device, or a micro SD card, or just stream music the old way via 3.5mm jack. You can't really ask for any more with regards to the ports the speaker provides on the back.

Sound: At a reproduction range of 80Hz-20Khz, it covers a decent spectrum of frequencies. I have always considered affordable speakers to be synonymous with tinny sound (as mentioned previously). However, I can certainly say that these aren't tin cans, they provide a rich range frequencies, that don't distort at high volume. Bass won't be shaking any rooms down at this size (as no device can do that), but they are punchy and lower frequencies can be heard. Again, for the price, you just won't be disappointed.

FM Radio: I've had my fair share of radio's in my time. Some work and some just cannot hold a signal, fortunately this device does hold the reception and auto-scans through the channels then stores them. The only minor point here is that you cannot go backwards through the stored channels but this isn't really a problem. The frequencies are displayed on the LED at the top so it's quite easy to manually find the station you're looking for anyway.

Alarm: It's a buzzer and a half, and I guarantee you won't be sleeping through this bleep! It claims that it can wake you up via other sources although I haven't figured that part of it out yet. That said I use a radio with a slow fade in on my phone over bluetooth and that works perfectly well on this device as the output for that digital radio stream, so I tend not to use the alarm. That said, it's easy to set up and good for emergency alarm purposes.

Supplied by MyStore365 as a review unit, I have to say that I'm bowled over by the quality of this device. I can therefore give it 5 stars, a high recommendation for anyone looking to buy a bluetooth speaker/radio/portable device!

Page: 1 | 2