ARRAY(0xac639e58)

Profile for Carol D > Reviews

Content by Carol D

Carol D (Stourbridge, UK)

Somebody's Heaven
Somebody's Heaven
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have album., 13 May 2013
This review is from: Somebody's Heaven (Audio CD)
I have to admit to being a bit of a rock chick but even a rock chick has to chill out sometimes and for this Venus In Motion pushes all the right buttons. I've been a fan since her first album the brilliant `Walking In Limbo' and was looking forward to the release of `Somebody's Heaven' and I'm pleased to say I'm not disappointed. It is a well produced, easy listening album with good songs, talented singers and musicians.
Personally I think every song is good but if I was pushed to choose a favourite I would be stuck between two. `Rosie Kline', which is very emotive and sung so beautifully by Jack Kenworthy it really gets into your head and stays there and because I love talented guitar players `Dare to Dream' which I want to listen to, sat on a beach watching the waves roll in whilst drinking Champagne Cocktails, pure bliss! Everyone should definitely have a copy of this album in their music collection, buy it, chill out and enjoy.

The Elephant Whisperer: Learning About Life, Loyalty and Freedom From a Remarkable Herd of Elephants
by Lawrence Anthony

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fab Read!, 22 Jun 2009

I have read many, many books in my time but none as good as this one. I can't say how often I realised that I was holding my breath waiting for the outcome of certain events. At times the book made me laugh out loud and also brought a tear to my eye. If you are a lover of Elephants this is a must read but also the people involved in the Reserve are rather nice and it's interesting to read how events affect them.

The herd of Elephants are fantastic but I also learned about other African Wildlife which I didn't know much about but found equally as interesting.

I couldn't put the book down but didn't want to get to the end either. I will definitely read it again and am hoping for an update with another book soon! I will miss my daily visits with Nana and her wonderful family.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2012 1:48 PM BST