Profile for Katie F > Reviews

Katie F

A Dip In The Ocean
A Dip In The Ocean

5.0 out of 5 stars BREATHTAKING!, 18 Feb 2011
This is a story and a half. It is as amazing as it is breathtaking as it is awe-inspiring and best of all, it is real. Basically I have struggled to put "A Dip In The Ocean" down. It simply has everything. It moved me to tears, made me laugh out loud and absolutely kept me gripped, willing Sarah on inspite of the fact that I knew she'd clearly survived! But the most delightful effect of this book was that it was spiritually uplifting. Restoring alot of faith in what actually matters in this world; a reminder of the value of our inner-voice often extinguished by our hectic, schedule-driven lives. Sarah is a marvel. Maybe a little bonkers, yes (ref: Dawn French quote, see book) but in a really great way! I have met Sarah and can, hand on heart, say that she is a rare gem of a human being (she and her funny "-isms"!)and I thank her for sharing her Indian experience so beautifully and candidly with the rest of us. I am recommending this book to simply everyone I know. If ever there was a story of vision, committment, steely will, and love for those closest to us and for our incredible planet, this is it. Treat yourself!