Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Freedom
Freedom

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious - don't waste your time, 21 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Freedom (Kindle Edition)
I stated to read this for a book club. It took real effort and persistence on my part to get a third of the way through it before I gave up altogether.

The consensus of the book club, even of those who actually finished it, seemed to be that it was a waste of time to read.

It is slow going, with a depressing story, but that in itself is not the root of the problem (the same could be said of many great classics that I've enjoyed). The problem is that the book never seems to pull you in to care about any of the characters.This is not helped by the fact that the female characters are one dimensional, as well as unlike-able.

Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set
Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set
Offered by Just Childsplay

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 31 Mar. 2014
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter for Christmas, and she loves it! It has proved to be the most enduring of all her Christmas presents.

She refer's to it as her "Nina set" after "Nina and the neurones" on Cbeebies, primarily because of the safety goggles in the set. She regularly pesters me with "Please can we do an experiment!".

I like the fact that it encourages thought provoking experimentation with substances found in most kitchens, such as bicarb, vinegar and food colouring. This also means that you can repeat experiments as often as small child wishes.

The contents are solidly made, bright and colourful, and easy to use by small hands. The only sour note, is that the tweezers are difficult to use, even for adults, being too bulky and stiff to grip even pennies.

Fae - The Wild Hunt (The Riven Wyrde Saga Book 1)
Fae - The Wild Hunt (The Riven Wyrde Saga Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Leaves you waiting for more..., 31 Mar. 2014
I came across this book through a mention by a friend, and am very pleased that I did. I started reading fantasy many years ago, and I was happy to come across a fresh idea, well written.

I found the constant switching between very different strands at the start, a trifle disconcerting, but a little patience is well rewarded as they start to weave together.

I took this on holiday with me and finished it in a day and a half, and was left immediately wanting more. My only question is... how long do I have to wait for the next in the series!

LUPO 5 In 1 Car Kit For iPhone (3G, 3GS) Ipod Nano, Classic, Touch and All MP3 Players With FM Transmitter - BLACK

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot use without remote control, 23 Dec. 2013
I was unable to determine how well the product works.

It is not possible to turn it on without the remote control, which was missing on both of my attempts to order this product.

Liam and the Grump
Liam and the Grump
by Graham Austin-King

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for explaining anger management to a toddler, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Liam and the Grump (Paperback)
My 3 year old daughter and I both enjoy reading this great story, and it gives me the opportunity to talk about anger and temper, in a way which she understands, at a time when she is calm and receptive.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2013 1:42 PM BST

TOMY Aquafun Octopals
TOMY Aquafun Octopals

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to get rid of the mildew, 2 Aug. 2012
This would have got 4 stars from me if it weren't for the mildew.

This was bought as a gift for my daughter's first birthday, after I added it to her wish list. She's enjoyed playing with it on and off - mostly sticking the little squirters to the sides of the bath, and her grandparents enjoyed squirting her. The only down side for playability is that it's hard for young children to balance the squirters on the green plastic floating base.

However... I've had to throw away all the squirters - there is just no way to clean the mildew off properly. Believe me I've tried!!! It not only collects inside, but also underneath the hard plastic ring at the base of each squirter, where its almost impossible to get to to clean them properly.

Bright Baby Touch and Feel Bathtime
Bright Baby Touch and Feel Bathtime
by Roger Priddy

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating for adults, 12 Jun. 2011
My 18 month old daughter enjoys touching the different textures in this book, but as a parent I find it frustrating - how do you explain pictures labelled "Splash" and "Drying" to a young toddler?

Good - textures are well integrated with photo's
Bad - too many pages feature abstract concepts that are too advanced for the young children that this book is aimed at.

Words (Bright Baby Touch and Feel)
Words (Bright Baby Touch and Feel)
by Roger Priddy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for young toddlers, 12 Jun. 2011
My 18 month old daughter enjoys touching the different textures in this book.
Good - clear photographs
- textures are well integrated with photo's
Bad - somewhat eclectic selection of items.

ABC (My First Board Book)
ABC (My First Board Book)
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed 1st book, 12 Jun. 2011
My 18 month old daughter and I both love this book. She spends brings it to me several times a day and points to each item, asking me to say what each one is.

What makes it better than many other ABC cardboard books out there?
- well chosen selection of objects.
- photographs instead of dodgy cartoon images.
- multiple objects per letter of the alphabet.
- no confusion between adult an baby animals.

A good choice for toddlers learning to speak.