Profile for Mr. K. A. Bristow > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. A. Bristow

Mr. K. A. Bristow "badger57" (Grimsby, England)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct. 2014
good

The Falsification of History: Our Distorted Reality
The Falsification of History: Our Distorted Reality

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential Read for all who care about humanity, 24 Jun. 2013
Wish everyone would read this book. The time for change, real change is NOW! And you dear people are here now for a reason and that reason is to make that change. The change from slavery to freedom. Real freedom. Please get all your friends to read this book. Buy them all a copy!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 7:43 PM BST

Warm White (soft white) 80 LED Static Christmas fairy string lights with transparent wire. Indoor or outdoor use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glowing Review!, 16 May 2012
Fit nicely around the fireplace with a warm yellowish glow that isn't too bright and doesn't distract whilst watching the above wall mounted TV. Completes our newly decorated living room and are ideal for us.

Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano
Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Slow, 15 Jan. 2012
The product works as intended. The software included on the mini-disk works very well, no problems there. Also works well on Mac OSX (Tried on 10.7/Lion), and works out-of-the-box on Linux. The drivers are even open-source, which makes a change. It can be a bit slow though.

Zoom Platinum Artists - Volume 83
Zoom Platinum Artists - Volume 83

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, truly disappointed, 26 Dec. 2011
Bought this as a download as I needed What Difference Does It Make for a "Stars in Your Eyes" performance I was going to make but there's no cdg's so what is the point exactly??? It's a karaoke cd so what use is it without the cdg's? Not happy!!!

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packaging., 23 Aug. 2011
Very lightweight SD reader that fits easily into any USB port. No drivers/software required, just insert SD card into it, and plug the device into a free USB slot.

Cowon i9 16GB MP3 Player - Black
Cowon i9 16GB MP3 Player - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Ipod, 13 April 2011
I finally succumbed to buying an Ipod nano recently after years of buying Sony Walkmans. BIG mistake! Not only was it an utter pain in the proverbial to add files, (I-tunes although I used CopyTrans which was slightly less painful,) it also sounded c**p in comparison! I sold it as soon as I could and bought this little beauty instead and am so glad I did! Nice and easy drag and drop while it sounds fantastic. Screen quite small but that doesn't bother me as it's really an out and out mp3player for me. Nice picture from that small screen though. I'm loving my Cowan AND it doesn't switch itself on in my pocket like my Walkman always used to!!!!!

Uomo For Men by Moschino - 125ml EDT Spray
Uomo For Men by Moschino - 125ml EDT Spray
Offered by Cosmetics Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy, 7 Mar. 2011
I've been using this aftershave for a number of years now and I still think it's the best in the market, especially for the more mature man. (I'm 53) I love the warm spicy tones and it always seems to get a positive response from the ladies! The other great thing is that it's not usually easily available so it tends to stand out from the crowd.

Gong: Live at the Gong Family Unconventional Gathering, The Melkweg, Amsterdam [DVD] [2006] [2010]
Dvd ~ Gong

5.0 out of 5 stars You am I and I am you!, 5 Feb. 2010
Although I've been a long term fan of Gong since I bought the Camembert Electrique album for (I think it was) 50p way back in 1973, and bought lots of their albums and cd's, I've never seen them live! :>(
This DVD is as good as it's ever going to get for me I suppose but it's more than enough if I don't get to see them which given that Daevid Allen is 70+ now is unlikely! (Although I saw Mott The Hoople last year, Ian Hunter being 70, and they were absolutely stunningly brilliant!)
After getting over the initial shock of seeing such a big band on such a small stage I settled down for a marvelous display of musicianship and Gong eccentricity. All the songs you want to hear are here and played expertly. If you like Gong in any way then you should treat yourself to a copy of this. You'll play it time and time again. You am I and I am you!You am I and I am you!You am I and I am you........... :>)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2015 3:18 AM GMT

Hit the Right Button
Hit the Right Button

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Rock and Roll as you remember it!, 16 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Hit the Right Button (Audio CD)
This is the best album released in 2003. I bought it after seeing the band in Grimsby late last year. I was one of twelve, yes TWELVE paying customers who went to see the re-formed band. You know, it would have been easy for them to just play a few songs in a half hearted manner, take the money and then run. They didn't. They went out and gave it everything and put on a terrific show. Shame the paying public for not attending. Their loss! The songs on the new album are strong throughout. Sure, some are better than others but there's not a duffer in sight. Read the pro reviews if you don't believe me. This album has not got a bad review anywhere! (That I know of.) There is a reason for that and it's plain and simple. This is a great rock album of the old school. Good songs you know? Remember those? It's also fresh sounding with a wonderful heavy production. If you ever, ever, EVER liked the HMK you'll LOVE this album. If you are a lover of straight ahead melodic rock music you'll love this album. Don't miss it. Do yourself a favour and BUY IT NOW!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2011 2:37 PM BST