Profile for phyllis > Reviews

Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor
Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, excellent value, not too sensitive, 7 Jan 2014
I know the title may seem odd but my other monitor would crackle and hiss into action at the slightest disturbance in the babies room or where ever they were sleeping. At first this can be reassuring but after months of sleep deprivation the last thing you want to do is get up thinking baby needs something when in fact its actually a sound from the street outside or just baby moaning in his sleep or moving around a bit and this is what i like about this monitor. Both my babies made and make noises in their sleep so id often be awake many times in the night listening to the monitor working out if they really needed me or not. This monitor seems to take action after a small amount of time and a constant noise ie baby actually crying or talking. I was in the UK for xmas and visited 4 different houses. each time the monitor was just plugged in and connected in the matter of seconds. unlike my other monitor which would take ages. I think its a very good product and would recommend.

Cantaloop Support Belt (White, Extra Large)
Cantaloop Support Belt (White, Extra Large)
Price: 14.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very LIGHT support, 3 Jun 2013
Unfortunately i have to disagree with the reviews about giving great support.

I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant. I have a big high up front bump. Back pain in the left lung area after pneumonia & a painful lower back when i get up and pain in the lower pelvic region.

After waiting over 2 weeks for delivery and desperate to get my support belt i was very disappointed. For me this belt is too light weight and doesn't really give me much support.
The nicest things i can say about it is it is its a good price, very soft, very light weight and as advertised you don't feel like you're wearing it, because it feels like a pair of elasticated knickers but in my opinion if you are suffering and need good strong support for your bump like me then i don't think this is the product for you. If any of you have ever tried on one of those M&S shape wear knickers to wear under a little black dress to look better in then these aren't even in the light control bracket they are softer.
I am so glad i have since found my tubi-grip belly support bandage i got from the NHS last time i was having a baby and don't have to rely on this one.
The only other thing i can think of is maybe it's too big even though i used the size guide. It fits me as is but i'm wondering whether i should drop a size or two to get the support others seem to have? if that's the case then the sizing is wrong and you would need to drop a size to get more support.

CostMad Digital LCD Baby Fetal Doppler Heart Rate Pregnancy Pre Natal Ultra Sound Monitor with Gel

3.0 out of 5 stars can't find heartbeat, 20 Feb 2013
Arrived on time. Well packaged. The 'free'gel given is in a tube about the size of my middle finger. Twice I have searched for the heartbeat. Sometimes I think I get it for a split second and then gone. I'm 13w 4d. Thank God I had a normal scan y' day otherwise I'd be really panicking.
And I think the same product is available but cheaper...after looking earlier
I ordered l large bottle of gel at the same time but that arrived a day later.not sure about this yet.

Octonauts - Here Come the Octonauts [DVD]
Octonauts - Here Come the Octonauts [DVD]
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars what episodes are on the dvds?, 13 Feb 2013
If anyone has the time could you list the names of the episodes. My son has seen a few on you tube so I'd like to get a DVD of new ones but can't see the titles from the pictures or contents info. Thank you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 10:38 AM BST

V-fit BST-RC Recumbent Magnetic Cycle
V-fit BST-RC Recumbent Magnetic Cycle
Price: 170.00

4.0 out of 5 stars compact reclining ex. bike. Good value for money, 20 Oct 2012
The first thing i noticed about this was the price. It quite cheap compared to others on the market. I live in Spain and reclining cycles are hard to come by as well, only upright are readily available and i need a reclining one because i have a bad hip and the upright cycle puts too much pressure on my hip during exercise. I did find 1 reclcing bike here at nearly 300 euros so i was pleased i found these choices on Amazon. I couldnt believe my luck that i qualified for free delivery too. So this bike was delivered from the UK to Spain for free. Hubby put it together and it wasnt too difficult for him but it did take a good hour and the usual patience. There are lots and lots of bolts, washers and screws as well as some cabelling to feed through the tubes. It has a screen giving you time, calories, speed etc...So, the next thing i realised once it was put together is- it is small or maybe a better term 'compact' I s'pose i had the ones in the gym in mind. I am 5'8'' and lengthwise it is fine. You can adjust that fairly easily with a screwdriver. It doesnt have those lift up bolts to adjust things easily but as its usually for one or 2 people in a house then that's not really a problem. The seat is 15 inches above the ground and cannot be adjusted up or down. At first i didnt think it was going to work for me being low but its actually ok. Its comfortale to sit on with a supporting back piece. I would reccommend this as a starter piece of equipment but maybe in the long run if you are REALY serious about exercising then a more robust one might be required. Does what i need it to at the moment.

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Testing Kit - 7 Pack
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Testing Kit - 7 Pack
Offered by HealthXpress
Price: 18.85

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable, trust worthy, easy to read, 13 Mar 2011
i used both this type and the other cheaper ovu sticks and really these are much much better. More clearer and easily read. i felt alot more secure with the results from these ones than the others. if you have the money buy these. (after a miscarriage my cycles were all over the place between 16 and 33 days so TTC was difficult so imagine my surprise when i ovualated on day 4 when i first started using these sticks anyway if you;re not sure of your cycle then they suggest you start testing yourself quite early in your cycle so dont bother with a 7 day stick pack go for the larger packs of 20/30 sticks so you can test yourself everyday of your cycle)

Jim Jam And Sunny: Time To Sing [DVD]
Jim Jam And Sunny: Time To Sing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Jam and Sunny
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 5.52

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 Mar 2011
if you're not aware of these characters and looking for something for your child/children or as presents then this is a good option. My 2 year son loves this cd. he has loved Jim Jam and sunny for a year now when we lived in the uk and he saw it on tv. we're in spain temporarily at the moment and the kids living in our block are all into our cd and when they visit it has to go on. From my point of view..i think its very well done and really educational and fun. They focus on a topic each episode and sing songs and play games on that topic. The language is great and the there are 7 characters in total we get to know if you include their 'speaking toys/friends' and their mum. Its a lovely well thought out children's series of programmes. I just need some more!!

Complete First Certificate Student's Book with answers with CD-ROM
Complete First Certificate Student's Book with answers with CD-ROM
by Guy Brook-Hart
Price: 22.46

1.0 out of 5 stars its not complete at all. no cd's, not good value for money, 2 Feb 2011
This book is not COMPLETE, the cds required for all the exercises have to be bought seperately. Something not highlighted when purchasing the book. Be aware!!! the cd's cost about 34 pounds extra. You'd think the description 'with cd rom' suggests the book is complete with the cd needed for the book itself. but its not. The cd has nothing to do with the listening exercises. i dont think its value for money at all. This sort of info should be highlighted , its vital when buying off the net. I've waited for this and find it very frustrating that i have to buy the cd's and wait even longer , i dont even know for sure if the 3 cds advertised here on amazon actually go with the book. not very happy with this at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2012 12:49 AM BST

Thomas & Friends - Movie Pack - Calling All Engines! / The Great Discovery / Hero of the Rails [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Michael Angelis
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 8 Nov 2010
our 23 month has become obsessed with thomas. Just based on a little toy train he was given a few months ago so i decided to buy this 3 dvd set. One of the dvds doesnt work but that might be our old dvd player . Im buying a new one next week so hopefully they will all work then but our little one loves the other 2 especially the songs. It value for money as long as the discs work.