Profile for meebee3 > Reviews

Eight Below [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Walker
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars A heart warming true disney film, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Eight Below [DVD] (DVD)
I am totally in agreement with the reviewer who said they dont make disney films like this anymore.

Its a beautiful story about a man who has to leave his team of sleddogs behind at a research base when a storm hits and cant return to them till it passes.

Get the hankies out people, it's a truly moving film. Doggy people will love this, Families will too although i would say that parents of young children should watch it first as it can be upsetting.

I have a husky and a malamute myself - be warned my tv was covered in nose prints and the house echoed to the sounds of "woo" as they joined in with the film =)

Legion [DVD] [2010]
Legion [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Paul Bettany
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking action film to munch popcorn to, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Legion [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I read all the negative reviews about this film then went and got it anyway.
The main plot is really about how the fate of humanity rests on one unborn baby belonging to a truckstop cafe waitress. One angel defies god to rescue the woman / baby and so well all "heaven" breaks loose.

Not much of a substantial plot but really thats not why we got the film. The action is straight in there, no messing about with plotlines about someones granny passing philosphy down or daddys dying that kind of thing. Its an action packed shoot em up a bit like old fashioned westerns where the good guys never run out of bullets. Paul is great as a p***d off angel. I found that fact it was all filmed in one cafe with just a few characters pretty good too.
A good couple of hours light entertainment where you dont have to think too hard
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2011 7:32 PM BST

Nanny McPhee & The Big Bang [DVD]
Nanny McPhee & The Big Bang [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emma Thompson
Offered by Door2DoorEntertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the kids but not as good as the first one, 17 Aug. 2010
I watched this film with my family last weekend and although the kids were hugely entertained i felt that it was sadly lacking compared to the first film.

There were some little gems in amongst it all like bill baileys cameo and the 2 assassins topsy and turvy but other than that it seemed to have lost its whole family appeal.
One of the bits i liked about the first film was the completely surreal / panto style sets and costumes and the over exaggerated characters which sadly this one seemed to have lost.

A great child entertainer for the holidays but not a brilliant all round family film.

Hachi - A Dog's Tale [DVD]
Hachi - A Dog's Tale [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Gere
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars A amazing moving story, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Hachi - A Dog's Tale [DVD] (DVD)
I got this dvd purely on the premise that I love dogs and dog films, I really didn't know anything about it apart from the fact it was based on a true japanese story

Its an amazing story of a man who finds an Akita puppy left on a train platform and takes it home much to the dismay of his wife. A bond grows between them and they become inseparable apart from when the professor goes to work at which point the dog goes home and waits for the train whistle then runs to meet him off the train at the end of the day.
One day the professor doesn't come home.......

Oh gods, I cried my eyes out, I looked round my husband was watery, my mum had the tissues out and even my dad had to get up and "nip to the loo".

Its a must see film and even if you're the sort of person that normally doesn't watch this type of stuff i defy you not to be moved.

Balto [VHS] [1996]
Balto [VHS] [1996]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars all grown up and i still love it !, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Balto [VHS] [1996] (VHS Tape)
when this film first came out i loved every minute of it and even now I still do. This is my 3rd copy so far.

Its a beautiful story based on some true heroes that really touches everyone's heart. Me and my husky/wolf Hybrid snuggled up and watch this just last week and I still got all watery and giggled at the polar bears.

I really recommend this for kids of all ages and all dog lovers.

WATCH THE DVD EXTRAS !! it relates the true story of the dogs with actual film footage and photos although it is quite sad.