Profile for Martin S de B Hart > Reviews

Secret Army: The Complete Third Series [DVD] [1977]
Secret Army: The Complete Third Series [DVD] [1977]
Dvd ~ Bernard Hepton
Offered by Gift_Of_Sound

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent finish to the complete series and the acting of ..., 22 Dec. 2015
This is an excellent finish to the complete series and the acting of all the principles is well worth watching . It does show the attitude before the fall of Communism that was common . My only disappointment is that the final unbroadcast episode , although explained in the booklet ,is not included in the set . However it is very watchable and almost compulsive in that one wants to watch the next episode when the previous one is finished .

KESSLER - The Complete Series (1981) (import)
KESSLER - The Complete Series (1981) (import)
Dvd ~ Clifford Rose
Offered by IMSSALES

5.0 out of 5 stars Clifford Rose is excellent as Kessler and the story compelling, 22 Dec. 2015
Clifford Rose is excellent as Kessler and the story compelling . It was a good successor to Secret Army . It is an example of how good BBC Serials can be .It is well worth watching .

William - The Pirate
William - The Pirate
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I get so much joy from hearing him do the voices and he makes ..., 10 Oct. 2015
This review is from: William - The Pirate (Audio CD)
Martin Jarvis reading any of the William stories is a real pleasure . I get so much joy from hearing him do the voices and he makes Violet Elizabeth's threat a real danger and you feel that William is going to always feel that threat . I look forward to his reading more of them .On a journey I get taken back to my childhood and enjoy and as stories they haven't really dated . These are a good listen and they cheer you up .

Complete Violin Sonatas (Kriesler, Rupp)
Complete Violin Sonatas (Kriesler, Rupp)

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend these performances as the premier set, 10 Oct. 2015
This is a superb collection .Kriesler is a master violinist .I would recommend these performances as the premier set . They have been equaled but not bettered . My only criticism is that the notes that came with the original 78 rpm set by Edwin Evans are not included as they are very informative .

Reunion (Panther)
Reunion (Panther)
by Fred Uhlman

4.0 out of 5 stars It was reviewed in the BBC series A Good Read. It is interesting to note that it ..., 21 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Reunion (Panther) (Paperback)
This is a book that can be read in one sitting . It was reviewed in the BBC series A Good Read . It is interesting to note that it was written and set just before the NAZI take over of Germany and the book shows what Germany was like then . It is well worth reading .

Beethoven - Symphony No 3; Coriolan Overture
Beethoven - Symphony No 3; Coriolan Overture

5.0 out of 5 stars Furtwangler is for me probably the greatest Beethoven conductor that I have heard either on record ..., 21 Aug. 2015
Furtwangler is for me probably the greatest Beethoven conductor that I have heard either on record or live . He has the subtlety and feeling that gets the most out of this composer ..His reading of the score is supurb . Get this and enjoy it . I am sure that you will .

Clochemerle
Clochemerle
by Gabriel Chevallier

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read this many times and have always enjoyed it. My knowledge of this book goes back ..., 21 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Clochemerle (Paperback)
I have read this many times and have always enjoyed it . My knowledge of this book goes back to the BBC series of it starring Roy Doltrice . This made me read and enjoy the book and every time I read it my spirits are revived and I laugh at the high comedy that enlightens low humour . It is a very funny book .

William's Happy Days
William's Happy Days
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Another of Martin Jarvis's wonderful reditions of the William stories, 22 Jun. 2015
This review is from: William's Happy Days (Audio CD)
Another of Martin Jarvis's wonderful reditions of the William stories . I can only hope that William the Pirate will be reissued as a CD set and not just as a download

Just William: Live on Stage 2 (BBC Radio Collection)
Just William: Live on Stage 2 (BBC Radio Collection)
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars ... is the second set of Martin Jarvis reading the wonderful William stories, 22 Jun. 2015
This is the second set of Martin Jarvis reading the wonderful William stories . I hope that the BBC release both series 3 and 4

Just William: Unabridged: Live on Stage (BBC Radio Collection)
Just William: Unabridged: Live on Stage (BBC Radio Collection)
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin Jarvis does a great service to our enjoyment of these wonderful stories, 22 Jun. 2015
Martin Jarvis does a great service to our enjoyment of these wonderful stories . I would recommend it to anybody who loves the William stories

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5