Profile for robby17_e > Reviews

robby17_e "robby17_e"

Imprint (Deluxe Edition)
Imprint (Deluxe Edition)
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars This lady is amazing! Fans of Five Star have been waiting for ..., 3 July 2014
This lady is amazing! Fans of Five Star have been waiting for a solo album for many years and we've finally got it! Apart from the 19 tracks with totally different musical styles, I'm just loving the whole cd package... this one contains a cd booklet full of rare personal photos and a little write-up from Denise on how each song came about. Just what we wanted! Personal favourites for me include "Short Lived Love" (written by sister Doris Pearson) and "Love Is Alive". But all in all every track is a winner! Hope we get a second album as Denise has so many more tracks up her sleeve... "Wonder Woman", "One Word You", "My Mission"... the list goes on!

Automan The Complete Series [DVD]
Automan The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chuck Wagner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slice of nostalgia!, 1 Mar. 2012
This has been a long time coming! Finally Automan gets a deserved dvd release. This was a great sci-fi series from 1983/84 which has garnered a cult following in the last decade or so. I hope we get all 13 episodes from this amazing series which starred Desi Arnaz Jr and Chuck Wagner.
Comment Comments (22) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2013 3:18 PM BST

G.I. Joe: Original Action Heroes - Volume 1 [DVD]
G.I. Joe: Original Action Heroes - Volume 1 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't make 'em like this anymore!, 17 May 2008
Never knew this dvd existed! I've just bought myself a copy 4 years after it's release. For those kids who grew up abroad, GI Joe was an institution! This dvd set with 5 season 1 episodes is a great taster for those wanting to reminisce the good ole days without forking out for a $100+ US OOP boxset (the rare Rhino ones).

Thanks Metrodome! Let's have more GI Joe in volume sets as well as continuing the Jem series!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2014 3:45 AM BST

Jem The Movie [DVD]
Jem The Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jem

5.0 out of 5 stars More episodes?, 20 April 2008
This review is from: Jem The Movie [DVD] (DVD)
Jem fans in the UK are thirsty for more episodes! When will season 2 be released? Why not follow the Aussie's and release volume sets! Please!!!

Are You Being Served?
Are You Being Served?

5.0 out of 5 stars Delayed?, 1 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Are You Being Served? (DVD)
Love the 7th series - lots of great episodes, but why has the release date been put back 4 months??? I would've liked this in time for Christmas as first scheduled!

George And Mildred - The Complete Third Series [DVD]
George And Mildred - The Complete Third Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yootha Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories and laughs!, 23 July 2006
I used to love George & Mildred. I grew up abroad and used to watch this every day before school on reruns in the early 80s. As it happens I'm now working abroad too, but as soon as I land on home shores I shall be buying this on dvd! So glad all the classics are getting a deserved and decent dvd release.

Classic Nik Kershaw (The Universal Masters DVD Collection) [US Import]
Classic Nik Kershaw (The Universal Masters DVD Collection) [US Import]
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nostalgia, 21 May 2005
What a talent Nik Kershaw is! Great dvd, great songs (all written by nik himself). Can't wait for his "Then & Now" cd released next month... especially with the inclusion of his club hit "Sometimes" with Les Rythmes Digitales. Shame "The Riddle" isn't included on this dvd, I used to have it on VHS a long time ago, but lost it. And for the younger generation... buy this... these are timeless classics!

Straight Talk [DVD] [1992]
Straight Talk [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Dolly Parton

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolly at her best, 18 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Straight Talk [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
Well I first came across this film when it was shown on TV, and boy was I glued to the set! Dolly's charisma is simply irresistable and James Woods gives the film that extra credibility for the non-believers. It's an easy-going romantic comedy, coupled with a surprisingly fantastic soundtrack... and I'm not much into the country music scene either! Well worth a purchase! It's on my Wish List!!!