Profile for Ed Chipolata > Reviews

Content by Ed Chipolata

Ed Chipolata (Chichester, UK)

Sony SRSD211.CEK 2.1 35W PC Speakers
Sony SRSD211.CEK 2.1 35W PC Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Boomy, 11 Feb 2009
Got this yesterday and it's great.
I have to admit that I'm a complete novice when it comes to speakers (and watts and hertzes(?)). The only speakers I've ever used are free ones that came with a desktop PC I bought in 1998.
I chose these ones over other makes because of the good reviews and the trusted Sony badge. I have to say when I plugged them up they were brilliantly simple to use and make a really satisfying boomy sound. I love the "bass" dial.
I can't fault it, but then I can't really compare it to anything.

Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Digital Camera - Black (12.0MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously great, 4 Sep 2008
I bought this camera just before the summer for my summer holidays. I have had 7 cameras from Fujifilm over the years, and always been impressed by 2 things - the ease of use and the richness of the photos. This one proves no different.

It is brilliantly quick to switch on, and when it does the LCD screen amazes - it is so detailed and the colours are so good. The wide angle also proves a huge bonus, and coupled with the large 5x zoom it means that a surprisingly large amount of new photo opportunities appear.

Face Detection is advertised a lot in the press for this camera, but to be honest it's a bit of a gimmick. It works and it's fine, but you never actually use it. You just show your friends to make them go "woah".

On the styling front, it looks flawless and feels great to hold.

2 things annoy me a bit - the screen has no glass cover, so feels a little flimsy, and hooking up to the computer requires the software, as it cannot be treated as a disk drive.

But other than that - great great great.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm Z5fd Silver, 25 July 2007
This is an awesome little camera.

First off, it looks stunning. It's a really neat, modern design and one of the few cameras on the market that makes people stop and say "Wow!"

Secondly, it's very easy to use and get used to, and unlike what some other review states, you can look at photos without sliding the lens cover. The screen is pin-sharp and even has a sort of "bright boost" button for when you are looking at the screen in harsh sunlight. The camera as a whole feels very strong and well put together.

Thirdly, and most importantly, it takes excellent pictures. They are really sharp and the face detection feature really works - it's not just a gimmick. The ISO 1600 is also superb. Since I started using it I have been taking tons more pictures in the evening or indoors.

Overall, this is the best camera I've ever used. Buy it.

Top Gear : Winter Olympics (BBC) [DVD]
Top Gear : Winter Olympics (BBC) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Gear Winter Olympics, 31 May 2006
This is absoloutely brilliant. It had me laughing outloud and made me regret not recording it, but now they've brought out the DVD so ORDER IT NOW!

If you like Top Gear then this is just as good if not better. It was the best thing on TV all winter. It's brilliant.