2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Lightweight and easy to use, 28 May 2013
We looked at several different vacuum cleaners (mainly Vax as Dyson has disappointed in the past especially considering the cost) and stumbled across this one by accident. It had so many good reviews and a few useful critical ones that we decided to buy it and are pleased we did.
I would agree with other reviews in that there are some bad points:
- it is noisy (but I find it no more noisy than the Dyson my neighbour bought only a month or so ago).
- the cable attaches to the cleaner towards the bottom (I wrap it round the handle and use one of the clips to keep it out of the way).
- not the greatest selection of tools (but good enough to get by).
- the hose isn't very long (this I can live with considering how light the vacuum cleaner is).
In my opinion, the good points far outweigh the bad:
- suction is great; it picks up bits and pieces our last vacuum cleaner didn't (this is a winner for us with an 11 month old baby crawling around on the floor). One of our carpets holds every bit of fluff and cotton and the Samsung SU3351 has no trouble getting rid of it. Bear in mind however that this vacuum cleaner will suck most things up and chew them up if it gets the chance.
- it doesn't need emptying very often but is very easy to empty which means emptying it after every vacuum clean isn't a problem and helps avoid some of the blocking issues mentioned by others.
- it was cheaper than most other vacuum cleaners we looked at.
- the cable is long so no need to unplug every time you move from one room to the next.
- runs level with the skirting board and has no trouble picking most bits up.
All in all, this vacuum cleaner is great value for the money we paid (£49.99). It may not be made of the best quality plastic or be designed like a Dyson, which means it may need a little more care taken with it and looking after a bit more than most, but this is reflected in the cost. Having owned one of these and a Dyson, I would opt for the Samsung SU3351 even if someone offered me a Dyson for the same money. I have no problem recommending this product to anyone.