Profile for MTcartridge > Reviews

Content by MTcartridge

MTcartridge

Apple Mac Mini (Dual-Core i5 2.5GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB, HD Graphics)
Offered by Pleasure Time Technology
Price: 413.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini. Mightily so., 13 Dec 2012
Postage.
I received my Mac two days before the estimated arrival date. Wonderful. However, I found it lying in my porch, not signed for and unprotected. For me this wasn't a major concern. I didn't have much time to dwell upon that fact anyway because as soon as I opened my door I fetched some scissors to allow me to attack the box ferociously. If you don't have a porch then this may be a worry, however I feel as though this may have been the postman's own fault.

Price
This Mac, already the cheapest of all Macs, has been made cheaper. Cheaper even than Apple's education discount. Not only this but it also has a much shorter shipping date than the Apple website as well (5 days).

Product
Within 10 minutes of opening the box, I had the Mac mini connected to my HDTV via an HDMI cable, my disc drive (something to consider seeing as the mini is lacking in that area) via a USB cable and my wireless mouse and keyboard via Bluetooth. This just illustrates the flexibility of this product. Set-up was just as easy. It comes up with the necessary steps to ensure that you can make the most of your computer immediately. You shall need an Apple ID but if you don't possess one then you can easily create one for free.
The baseline Mac mini has all the necessary specification for home computer and casual gaming. A 3rd Gen dual core i5 processor, 500GB hard drive and 4GB RAM (easily upgradable to 8 and beyond) is more than capable of handling all of you tasks.

Overall this is a great product well worth the 467 price tag. I'm looking forward to carrying out all of my computing needs on this machine for the next few years.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2013 1:16 AM BST

TRIXES Black Comfort Wrist Gel Rest Support Mat Mouse Mice Pad
TRIXES Black Comfort Wrist Gel Rest Support Mat Mouse Mice Pad
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap. In a good way., 13 Dec 2012
For 5.99 this mat is a bargain. It came two days before the estimated delivery date and hasn't failed to disappoint since.

It's comfortable and blends very well with any desk. I bought it as my mouse wouldn't work with a glass surface. Now it does work and therefore the mat has achieved it's primary function.

The only drawback is at some point during the deliver the mat was compressed and the main body has a slight fold in it as well as the gel pad having a slight dip on the right side. However, these have become less significant in the few days since I received it and should be fine within a week.

Overall it was a great purchase. You can't go wrong if you buy this.

Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse
Offered by FRElectronics
Price: 48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, efficient and seamless. And that was just the delivery, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Apple Magic Mouse (Accessory)
As I've said in the title, the delivery was immensely quick and painless. It arrived two day before the estimated date, and that was even packaged with two other accessories.

As for the mouse itself, it works perfectly. Within minutes of unboxing I had it connected to my Mac mini via bluetooth.

I already knew the various multi-touch gestures and how to tune the mouse to my needs before purchase, however if one was unaware of how to do these things it is easy to find out! (A set up card arrives and I'm sure there are various tutorials on YouTube.)

Overall I've given this 5/5 for stunning aesthetics, seamless integration and a bargain at 10 cheaper than the Apple website!