Profile for Trisha Xuk > Reviews

Content by Trisha Xuk

Trisha Xuk (Worcester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Portable Mini Pocket Card Lamp Warm White 3 LED Keychain USB Light
Portable Mini Pocket Card Lamp Warm White 3 LED Keychain USB Light
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - good quality USB LED light, 31 Dec. 2015
Great little USB light. Puts out loads of light for the size, and even has a little hole for a lanyard, and you can also put it in the USB port; either way round, to point the light in opposite directions!

I bought a few of these for using with portable USB power pack chargers, and also for getting light behind servers in a dark hub cabinet or server room. It lets you see all the cables behind the servers, or even a TV/media cabinet at home.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2016 9:18 AM GMT

Yarrashop® 2015 Latest New Brand Waterproof Smart Watch DM360 With Monitor IPS Screen And Heart Rate For Android Phones IOS IPhone Samsung HUAWEI HTC And Smartphones Bluetooth Wrist Watch (Golden and Black)
Offered by Yarra shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice - but does it actually work? Nope, 31 Dec. 2015
The general build quality, is adequate - maybe even good, for a watch in this price range. But what lets it down; is the misrepresentation of the display, in the product page images, and the lack of any good software, to synch or control the watch, from one's phone.

The manual alludes to a QR code that is supposed to be found in the menu of the watch, which should take you to an app in the Google Play Store. The QR code is not there in the phone. Only a blank black screen. Not a good start. I researched the matter on the internet, and found the link to an APK file on the manufacturer's website. (This is not the safe way to install software on a phone! It should only normally be installed from the Play Store). After installation; my AntiVirus flagged that 'Aggressive Adware' was included in the app. I ignored for the sake of finding out if the watch will at least work with this. It did not.

I have been unable to get any apps to use functions other than the standard bluetooth functions, which work without any software anyway. I got audio (music and calls), plus media controls (play/pause/next/previous/stop). I will admit that the sound quality was impressive for such a small device, but without the other functions; it's just an expensive bluetooth speaker.

Looking on the manufacturer's site, in the forums, seemed to show a lot of unhappy customers, and the watch firmware, which is in alpha - hasn't been updated since around July/August 2015 time.

After two days of faffing and fiddling; I'm deciding to return it. It simply does not work; and if the app/s for it on your phone, can't sync/connect with it - You won't be able to use any of the advanced functions, or sync even the time!

My phone is a HTC One M8. A very capable and well supported phone, with Android Lollipop on it. I don't have any problems connecting to anything else.

Also - I have to say, I'm a bit concerned about the number of 5 star reviews on this page, which appear to say there are no problems at all, and this is the best thing they ever bought from Amazon. Either these people have bought a lot of turkeys previously; or they are not writing an entirely honest review!

This watch needs 3 or 4 things:
1. firmware update to correct the bugs
2. An Android app in the Google Play Store, which is clearly indicated by name in the booklet with the phone, or in the menu of the phone.
3. A correctly representing set of images on the product page, not giving the impression it has an edge to edge circle screen like a Moto360, when not only does it have a big black border around the edges, but the bottom quarter of the screen is also lost due to a black margin frame, which looks like a home button, but is actually just a printed circle on a black background.

PS. If someone discovers an app which actually works, and is in the app store; please drop me a line. Thanks
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2016 8:00 PM GMT

TVPlayer
TVPlayer

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little app, to replace a portable TV, 26 Aug. 2015
This review is from: TVPlayer (App)
Simple, and quick. A good alternative to a portable terrestrial TV. I think the addition of HD quality options, would be a welcome addition, and allow it to compete more favourably against the competitors.

electriQ AC9000E Portable Air Conditioning Unit Mobile Air Conditioner great for rooms and offices up to 18 sqm

2.0 out of 5 stars No thermostatic control! (Important if you need it to control the temperature on it's own, without a human sat next to it), 22 Aug. 2015
I ordered this because I thought it would be ideal for my needs; Cooling and heating capability for a small to medium living/dining area room. Unfortunately, I missed the fact the unit doesn't have a thermostatic control....rendering it almost useless for my needs.

Thankfully the supplier, was happy to receive the unit back, unopened (less the cost of return shipping).

AFTERPARTZ T450 Portable Car Jump Starter 12000mAh with Built-in Protection Clamp Cable, Portable Battery Charger Power Bank for Laptop, iPhone, iPad, Samsung and More (3 USB Port)

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't rely on the T450 until you've read this - It might not have enough kick :/ - Choose the correct model for your car!, 22 Aug. 2015
22 August 2015
This is my initial review for the T450 version of the Jump Starter battery pack. I've read all of the other reviews, and none of the reviewers has attempted starting the car with a flat battery (with zero or partial charge). Two of the reviewers have disconnected the vehicle battery, and started the car with this successfully though. I mention this to make clear, the different but real situations that occur when one's car doesn't start, due to a battery with low or zero charge.

I won't waste your time going over the many additional excellent functions of this pack, as there are at least 20 other reviews that did that. I don't disagree with any of that; it's a great USB charger pack and has a good quality bright white LED torch, with strobe and SOS modes. This T450 model doesn't however, have any amber or red signalling lights, for most emergency roadside situations, and I would advise the manufacturer, that these can be added cheaply, and would be highly beneficial to the device's function.

Most of us; when we have a flat battery; will be in a hurry, or not have a lot of tools with us, so we will usually want to start the car with the discharged battery still connected up as normal. One normally attaches jump starter cables via some hand grip sized crocodile clips. Then either the other end goes to another car with a running engine, or plugs into a jump-starter battery pack.

This morning; in a hurry, when I went to start my car that had been on the drive for about a week; the car didn't have quite enough juice to turn over and start. It wasn't completely zero, but nonetheless, I was in trouble. The car I wanted to start, was a 1.7 litre petrol Ford Puma (similar to a Fiesta). This car falls well within the stated abilities of the T450 device. I thought wow! This is a chance to try out my fully charged T450, and rave about it at work, on Monday! Unfortunately; it didn't have enough kick, to start my engine. I had a few relay clicks and almost a start, but not enough to turn over the engine. I thought perhaps the problem wasn't the T450, but my car? So, I got my slightly bulky Halfords dual jump-started and tyre compressor unit, which was in my other car. This time the engine turned over, and my car was started successfully. I was surprised and dismayed. I expected the T450 to do better (expecially based on so many highly rated reviews). At any rate, I read through all the reviews at that point, to see if maybe I was missing something. It looks like that's not the case.

(see below this for an edit)
[[[The reason I've stated this is my initial review, at the beginning, is that I'm going to do a further test, to see if completely disconnecting a flat or zero battery, then allows the vehicle to be started with the T450. If it does; I'll raise my review by a star, and note it here; but I followed the instructions (which in it's favour, were clear and understandable). I hope this review will help someone out (or save them a very unfortunate situation, where they might get stranded with a flat battery, because of this device!)

If it at least starts the engine when the flat battery is disconnected; and it's possible to safely reconnect the car with the battery, after the engine starts; then I may still keep the unit; but as it stands; this is NOT APPROPRIATE for replacing a standard (usually heavy) jump-starter unit.]]]
------
EDIT:
I believe it's possible the Ford Puma may rely on 16 volts (working voltage); so this model is not sufficient; even though it has a standard 12 volt battery and is a 1.7 litre petrol engine. Please be careful in picking the correct jump starter model for your vehicle, or you may not have enough punch in the unit, to start your car!

The customer service for the supplier of my T450 (Treasure Nova); have been very switched on and are helping me to identify the most appropriate model of jump starter for my vehicle, so I'm going to adjust my rating up to 4 stars, and will update this review, once I've tested against the appropriate model.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional device for seasoned media consumers..., 9 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
It's surpassed my expectations. It's a bit like an android media player stick, but you can watch Prime on it in full HD, and you get a natty little purpose made bluetooth controller. The native interface of the Fire Stick, is a little locked down and limited, but this allows one to navigate the interface, easily with the supplied controller.

The picture is excellent, and enhancements to the Amazon Prime video watching experience, make that service a joy to use (finally!). I also watch a lot of Netflix and YouTube on the device, which also give a custom Fire TV experience, to make their use easier.

Additionally to this; thankfully the device follows much of the Android 'rules' of implementation, so to a knowledgeable user, apps not usually loadable on the device, through the Amazon App Store, can be installed (be it a slightly convoluted means, to access those apps). I successfully loaded one of the most widely respected, open source media-centre applications (Kodi/XBMC), and once started; it's functionality was like any other implementation of the application, on other platforms).

For all the reasons stated above; I have no choice, but to rate it 5 stars (and I've been recommending it to all my friends and colleagues). Even at it's slightly higher price point than the somewhat comparable Chromecast; it offers exceptional value and viewing experience.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2015 10:55 PM BST

New Sexy Woman Open Crotch Mesh Fishnet Bodystocking Stocking Lingerie (Black)
New Sexy Woman Open Crotch Mesh Fishnet Bodystocking Stocking Lingerie (Black)
Offered by Elecmores-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A rather cute bit of stuff!, 12 Sept. 2014
Really rather sexy, but surprisingly well made (and looks fabulous!) for something so well priced. I had it in black, but I'm now considering getting the white one too :P

I'm by no means a waif figure; but I felt surprisingly confident in it, so it's fair to say that for the type of apparel, it's of a somewhat forgiving design! lol

(Packaging of the product was quite nice too, with a sort of photo illustrated, card box (with the hot girl pictured on it in white on the front, and two smaller images on the back, in black and I think it was red or pink?. The card box has a small circular cut out, so you can inspect the material inside the package, and the whole box was inside one of those resealable plastic envelopes that everything comes in nowadays - i.e. sufficient quality for retail presentation/reselling).

Tool Free Premium Quality 2.5 Sata to USB Hard Drive Caddy HDD Enclosure Case PC and Laptop (Pink)
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars easy access to the inside, 14 Aug. 2014
quick, easy access to the inside. Good for quickly hooking up a drive, with USB functionality. Wish it was USB3 :P

QI Wireless Charging Receiver Module for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 i9305
QI Wireless Charging Receiver Module for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 i9305
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Native wireless Qi charging mod for the S3, 14 Aug. 2014
Activates the inbuilt circuitry of the S3, for dealing with wireless Qi charging. Means that the S3 is able to tell you when it's picked up a charge signal, and started to charge. Surprising and cool. I'm surprised they never included this in the box with the phone!

Only warning I'll give, (and it's not any fault of this item); is that you'll normally need to charge without a phone case on, as it'll be too far otherwise, to get a good charge rate.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2015 5:54 PM BST

EasyAcc® 25 Watts 5V / 5A 5 Port USB Charger with 5-Foot Power Cord Multi Port USB Portable Charger battery Wall charger for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Tab, iPod, Smartphones, 5V Tablets, Bluetooth Speakers & Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality high power USB charger, for mutiple high power device users, 14 Aug. 2014
Excellent...does what it says on the tin, so to speak. Could of looked a lot cooler, and been more elitist, if it had status LEDs like the Izka model chargers.

If you tend to have a few haunts, that you visit, and take the charger with you; I recommend having a few of the figure 8 type leads, which feed the mains into the unit (like cassette recorders used to have). That way it's less hassle plugging in at each location. If access to the mains socket is easy; then I might suggest the Izka chargers, as there's less fuss with it plugging straight into the wall, (and it has cool status LEDs).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3