Profile for Mrs. D. L. Cox > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. L. Cox

Mrs. D. L. Cox (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
iPhone 6S Case, Spigen® [Ultra Hybrid] AIR CUSHION [Rose Crystal] Clear back panel + TPU bumper for iPhone 6 (2014) / 6S (2015) - Rose Crystal (SGP11722)
Offered by Spigen UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Looks nice on, 19 Jan. 2016
Good quality. Looks nice on.
Lets every bit of pet hair and fluff go through the case. I've taken it off to blow dust out after 4 months of wear. Only a minor irritation but loses it a star

Soft Real Premium Leather Wallets Credit Card Holder ID Business Case Purse Unisex Men Women (Huayuniao)
Offered by DOLEXTECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased., 19 Jan. 2016
Real leather. Strong. Closing can be a little tight to begin with but may loosen over time.
Pleased.

HCSB Study Bible
HCSB Study Bible

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought KIndle version. Notes are not with the ..., 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: HCSB Study Bible (Kindle Edition)
I bought KIndle version.
Notes are not with the text. That's either a plus or minus depending on your primary intended use.

The whole bible and notes are available free on the internet with a google. So if you can use that then save some pennies.

If it's to be your daily reading bible I'd buy the book so the text and notes are together.

Holy Bible - ESV MacArthur Study Bible
Holy Bible - ESV MacArthur Study Bible

3.0 out of 5 stars I was annoyed at first to find that the notes do not ..., 12 Aug. 2014
I'm commenting on the kindle version.
I was annoyed at first to find that the notes do not appear with the text, however, I have plenty of bibles so actually it's useful to just open the notes to use along side my text.

I've not used it extensively so either I'm not agreeing with the theology or the format is not friendly. I have seen that the notes are available in esword which I might actually prefer.

If you just want the notes, the kindle is cheaper than the book with notes in. If you want to use it daily buy the paper book.
As a comparison study bible note set an e version might be better.

If you are scraping money for this make sure you know and agree with John MacArthur's theological perspective.

Reformation Study Bible-ESV-hardcover, 2d Ed with maps
Reformation Study Bible-ESV-hardcover, 2d Ed with maps
by R. C. Sproul

5.0 out of 5 stars A good guide to reformation theology and I use this as ..., 12 Aug. 2014
A good guide to reformation theology and I use this as part of my study resources.
As a day to day bible if you are reformation minded it offers a nice presentation, readable size and not too heavy. I managed to twist the spine of mine quite quickly so if I was going for a long term heavy use bible I may have bought leather.

A nice bible and glad to have it in my collection.

Monoi Oil (Solid) 250g
Monoi Oil (Solid) 250g
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice tropical scent, 12 Aug. 2014
I've bought monoi from lots of different sellers. The quality and effects are usually the same but what differs wildly is the strength of scent.
I always buy the Tiare fragrance. The first I had was very feint scented and pleasent and the second was so strong that I couldn't stomache it.

This one has the same Tiare scent however it is gentle and not overwhelming. Still a noticable smell but not too strong.
A nice tropical scent. Smells a little like a Lush shop.

I ordered this and Shea butter from Naissance. Both are well packaged good items and I would buy again.

E45 250ml Nourish and Restore Lightly Fragranced Body Lotion
E45 250ml Nourish and Restore Lightly Fragranced Body Lotion
Offered by Your247Chemist

2.0 out of 5 stars Slimy nasty., 7 May 2013
I was sent a free bottle of this as a bzz agent to try.
I don't consider myself to have mature skin at the age of 32 but what do I know?

Positive: As a lotion, aftera couple of days I did notice some positive changes in my skin. Not so dry mainly.
Negative: lightly fragranced is ambitious. Actually I can't smell a thing.
It feels really slippy and slimy and takes ages to "sink in" (but again this could be due to my already youthful (cough cough) skin.)It felt bad and in summer would be intollerable.
I won't be buying it in future.

Pass the QTS Numeracy Skills Test with Ease: 2012 - 2013
Pass the QTS Numeracy Skills Test with Ease: 2012 - 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful., 7 Feb. 2013
I borrowed this for free on the kindle.
I used this in conjunction with videos on youtube and the online mock tests available. I passed the test first time. (I don't say that to boast but to demonstrate that a few evenings spent with these few resources will yield results. Longer if you don't know your percentage, fraction and decimal facts or 7 times table!)

The book has many hints and tips for both sections of the test. Some of the methods were very simple, others were not my preferred methods. You should check out some of the youtube vids as you might find a method for something that really makes sense to you.
The sample tests in this book were the most helpful aspect for me. It was great to be able to run through a set of questions (without the time pressure of the mocks) and then see just where I went wrong. The mocks are great to asess where you need to work more.
I'm not sure I did every test question in the book, but I only found one mistake which was in section 2, mock test two, question 6's answer which states "40%" minutes.But the overall answer and method were sound.
To be honest this one mistake wasn't enough to make me drop a star. I re-sat my GCSE last year and so many answers in my text book were wrong. I think some just slip through the net.

I recommend this book. I'm very grateful that my cheapskate tendencies led me to a very helpful resource.

Pettex Clean Paws Super Clumping Ultra Cat Litter 15 kg
Pettex Clean Paws Super Clumping Ultra Cat Litter 15 kg
Offered by BuyAllMeans

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., 12 Jan. 2013
There are a few things I don't like about this litter, but I still prefer it to others now.
Cons...It sticks to the bottom of the tray. (I'm considering using a very thin wipe of baby oil on the bottom or perhaps it's not deep enough?)
Sometimes the clumps break leaving tiny bit of soiled clay in the tray.
I seem to get through it very quickly-one days cleaning can almost empty the tray (I have two trays, two cats and clean daily they are on a wet
food diet so they may produce more urine.)
It's tiny and spreads all over the floor (although one of the cats is a breed that likes to remove litter in order to play.)I do need to sweep/hoover the tray areas twice daily.

So why do I like it?
The cats love it and use it and dig around for ages. There is no more scraping the wall or side of tray.
The cats are more likely to spend time burying their doings.
Despite daily sifting and sweeping being extra work for me it's worth it because the trays just never smell.
Despite some of the clumps breaking up the tray is still much cleaner that usual.

I had been using catsan and emptying the whole tray twice weekly. It has served me well for years. But honestly this has reduced the smell noticably.

Capstar Tablets Cats & Dogs upto 11kg (11.4mg)
Capstar Tablets Cats & Dogs upto 11kg (11.4mg)
Offered by Petremedies

5.0 out of 5 stars A step but not an answer., 8 Jan. 2013
This product does do exactly what it says on the box so it gets 5 stars from me. However, be aware that it will only the kill fleas which jump on/are on your cat in that 24 hour session. So make sure you take other steps like frontline and house sprays at the same time. Otherwise you are just feeding your cat expensive temporary relief pills.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7