Profile for N. Anderson > Reviews

Down Syndrome Parenting 101: Must-Have Advice for Making Your Life Easier
Down Syndrome Parenting 101: Must-Have Advice for Making Your Life Easier
by Martha Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend this book, 15 July 2014
This book was just what I wanted. A clear, easy to read, helpful, compassionate wise book. I would recommend it.

Pikolinos Womens Alcudia 9570L Fashion Sandals 816-9570L_V14 Aqua - Pre PK 6 UK, 39 EU
Offered by GONVI

4.0 out of 5 stars Look good and are mostly comfortable, 7 April 2014
These sandals look lovely and are mostly comfortable. The straps across the top rub a little but I have decided to keep them as I think the leather is soft and will relax.

Create by Label M Curl Cream 150ml
Create by Label M Curl Cream 150ml
Offered by LookBeautiful

5.0 out of 5 stars A great hair product, 14 Sep 2013
This cream is lovely to apply and leaves your hair feeling soft and natural whilst also holding the curl. Please note I do have slightly wavy hair anyway, it might not work with straight hair

Beyond Conventional Boundaries: Uncertainty in Research and Practice with Children
by Daniela Mercieca

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging and very human, 3 Dec 2011
I found the style of this book very accessible. I also felt affirmed and encouraged by her suggestion that we need to hold our uncertainty when we are working with children or doing research; to allow for more creative solutions to emerge and for more ethical practice. Uncertainty is not the enemy. I would recommend this book to all, even if you don't agree with the ideas it will challenge your working practice.

The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical and Practical Aphorisms
The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical and Practical Aphorisms
by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

5.0 out of 5 stars Thougt provoking and entertaining, 16 Jan 2011
I heard this book reviewed on radio 4 and thought it sounded really interesting - I was not disappointed. It is a collection of thoughts on various aspects of life. It is well written and thought provoking. A great present for a friend or just buy it for yourself - its well worth it.

The Atlas of the Real World: Mapping the Way we Live
The Atlas of the Real World: Mapping the Way we Live
by Daniel Dorling

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 4 Feb 2009
This book is full of fascinating facts about the world - some will leave you feeling angry and/or sad about the state of the world, others are just plain interesting. The kind of book you don't want to put down.

Jigsaw Roll
Jigsaw Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and very practical, 4 Feb 2009
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Jigsaw Roll (Toy)
Though this was the cheaper option for a jigsaw mat my daughter was delighted with it and said that it held the pieces very well.

Gibsons G830 London Looking North, 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Gibsons G830 London Looking North, 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Feb 2009
This jig saw was well recieved by my daughter as a christmas present. She has just moved to North London and really enjoyed finding the areas she lives in as well as completing the jig saw.