Profile for Mike G > Reviews

Mike G

Dan Electro CV1 Cool Cat Vibe Pedal
Dan Electro CV1 Cool Cat Vibe Pedal

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 17 May 2013
I took this pedal to a gig and found it reduced the volume of the guitar too much when I turned it on. However, I discovered that there is a trim pot under the battery which controls the output volume; sorted!! It does have a slight delay when it is initialy turned on but you learn to turn it on a bit too soon. I think it has an excellent sound; you'd think it was a high priced boutique pedal. Even my band likes me using it. It has a frustrating layout with the controls being loaded at the back of the unit as opposed to the top, so adjustments have to be made before you gig with it. It really added the right sort of sound on our Pink Floyd covers, think Breathe and Money, those sounds are available. Thumbs up for this one, I like it!!

Guitar Basics: (Book/ECD) (Faber Edition)
Guitar Basics: (Book/ECD) (Faber Edition)
by Nick Walker

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Wider Opportunities teaching., 27 Sep 2010
As a music teacher I am always looking out for fresh ideas and this provides plenty. The accompanying CD is great fun and really helps with the Wider Opportunities (whole class instrumental teaching for 8/9 year olds), and the lack of tab is a bonus. If you can't teach kids to read traditional notation you're in the wrong job,- it's easy because their brains are like sponges. I grew up as a self taught tabbing guitarist, and then learned to sight read when I was training to teach and it opens up so many more possibilities for the musician. This book has some refreshing and interesting ideas that kids will respond to.