Profile for Midge > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Lair
Lair

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost as gruesome as the first, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Lair (Kindle Edition)
I do love James Herbert. You can always rely on him to not care about having a happy ending, or a happy beginning for that matter. As the second one of The Rats trilogy it is obviously not as surprising as the first one, we all know what the rats are like and the horrific deaths they cause, but still an enjoyable read. I did cringe in places still. I'm hoping the third one Domain will be good too but surely there isn't much more than can create surprise or suspense?? Knowing there was a third book sort of gave away the ending a bit unfortunately.

Hull Zero Three
Hull Zero Three
by Greg Bear

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and a great read, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Hull Zero Three (Paperback)
A really good read. Well written and with a great ending. A clever concept and well composed to get the ideas across. You can really get a feel for what it would be like to be in the ship.

I liked the fact that this story was totally different to the last Greg Bear book I read; Blood Music (which I also highly recommend if you are in to sci-fi).

Fractured
Fractured

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of like Sliding Doors, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Nicely written. Makes you think. Reminds me of Sliding Doors but a little more frustrating because the character is actually influenced by the phenomenon rather than pootling on nicely oblivious.

Confessions of a Crap Artist (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Confessions of a Crap Artist (GOLLANCZ S.F.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 20 Sept. 2014
I give it 3 stars only because I love Philip K Dicks sci-fi novels and short stories so much that reading just a normal fiction novel was a bit of a let down. I think my brain couldn't get over the fact that the story would not involve a psychopathic android or some futuristic opiate. However, if you start off knowing it will be a little blander than usual you can appreciate the writing. It is nice to have all the main characters aspects given through the book, so you can truly get a feel for how weird they actually all are. Ultimately the ending is rather disappointing, not really going anywhere and quite normal.

Andes 40 Litre Black Sports Gym Travel Bag Shoulder Holdall Luggage
Andes 40 Litre Black Sports Gym Travel Bag Shoulder Holdall Luggage
Offered by Outdoor Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and perfect size, 20 Sept. 2014
Arrived very quickly and was just the thing I was looking for. The lining to separate your shoes from the rest of the bag is a very good idea and has little ventilation holes in the side so your trainers don't just fester away. I tend to be quite sparing with my gym stuff so I probably don't need as much space as this gives, although now it is coming up to winter I can bung a coat in it, it's just like your old school hold-all bag size. Great value for money.

Vampire World: The Last Aerie Bk.2 (Roc)
Vampire World: The Last Aerie Bk.2 (Roc)
by Brian Lumley

4.0 out of 5 stars still love this series, 5 May 2014
The genre had changed from the first Necroscope books. Rather than sci-fi/horror it is just horror. Going on from the first vampire world book you get an insight into the brothers motives. There is more explanation into what happened to Harry, and a replacement Harry figure is formed in the story. All pretty dark and yet refreshingly not at all like your run of the mill vampire fiction. You really have to read the whole series of Necroscope to fully understand what is going on here. I swear these books are getting longer...

Premium In Car Holder Windscreen Suction Mount for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 / S4 i9500 - Mobile Accessories By Sunwire®
Offered by e4deal UK

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, just at the value you have bought it for, 5 May 2014
Feels a little cheap, never fully tightens and is really difficult to find the release catch to take your phone off without taking the whole thing off the screen. Sometimes vibrates when driving which is annoying and distracting. Also the pinch of it means you can only have your phone one way round or you can't charge it and sometimes it adjusts the volume on the phone further when you press the volume button.

That said, it keeps on the screen well, I can chuck it about a bit and not worry too much. It does keep the phone in place to be used for its purpose. You get what you pay for in comparison to others available.

6 in 1 Utili-Key Multi-Tool
6 in 1 Utili-Key Multi-Tool
Offered by Z&Z Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars handy and discrete, 5 May 2014
I love this tool. This is a replacement to one that had been gifted to me. Unfortunately the thin clip at the top which enables it to close around a keyring snapped off with overuse. Also the bottle opener bit is a little tricky to use but you develop a knack. I really have used this non-stop for tightening the odd screw at work which is annoying me, cutting a bit of stray cotton from a shirt, opening many a bottle when camping, ata friends bbq or just when I can't find the bottle opener. The blade is really quite sharp which is good. I've had no use for the serration; I don't think I'll be needing to cut down a sapling any time soon. 5 stars if this hadn't needed to be a replacement buy.

S LINE ULTRA GRIP SERIES WAVE GEL CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI I8190 + SCREEN PROTECTOR (BLACK)
Offered by Smartphonez UK

4.0 out of 5 stars still going strong, 5 May 2014
I bought this nearly 2 years ago I think (just goes to show how often I review things). It is still on my phone protecting it well. The grip on the sides is really useful or I'm sure the drop rate of my phone wpuld be through the roof by now. Nice feel to the cover. Only problem is in the first year the covering of the volume buttons were quite close to the button. So I'd increase/decrease the volume and it would keep going after I'd stopped pressing. Quite a deafening experience. Now it's worn in no problems. Seems a long time to wait though for such a minor fix...

NEW LUXURY WOMENS FULL LENGTH FLEECE BATH ROBE DRESSING GOWN HOUSECOAT+ BELT POCKETS COLLAR LADIES BLACK MEDIUM
Offered by Lora Dora

4.0 out of 5 stars arm length, 5 May 2014
The body of it fits fine. The arms need a little more length in proportion. I appear to not be the only one who agrees with this in the household.

Page: 1 | 2