ARRAY(0xa6290234)

Profile for Ian > Reviews

Content by Ian

Ian

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Messenger of Athens (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 1)
The Messenger of Athens (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greek Detective is unique, 13 Feb 2014
Discovered this on Kindle Daily Deals and thought it was worth 99p. Great read and quirky and differnt whodunnit. I will be reading the rest of the series.

Lafayette is Here! (Kindle Single)
Lafayette is Here! (Kindle Single)
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A great take on a bio in a conveniently short format, 13 Feb 2014
This was easy reading and very informative and the up-to-date sections of the story interleaved nicely. Just about right for someone who only knew the name and not the details of the story.

Sharpe's Christmas
Sharpe's Christmas
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharpe strikes again - possibly a birt predicatable, 13 Feb 2014
I love Sharpe and have read them all, some more than once and have watched the full DVD set several times. This is not quite vintage Sharpe but I couldn't miss it because it's one I didn't know existed until it came up on Kindle deals. Worth reading to complete the collection but not quite up to the usual standard I thought.

The Taint of Midas (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 2)
The Taint of Midas (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 2)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Daily Deal does it again, 13 Feb 2014
I now have a backlog on my e-bookshelf, bigger than my hardcopy shelf. I love Kindle Daily deals because I get a chance to discover new things at low prices and Anne Zouroudi's Greek Detective is well worth a read. This is the second in the series and I'm planning to read the next 5.

KT Tunstall's Acoustic Extravaganza (Digi Pack)
KT Tunstall's Acoustic Extravaganza (Digi Pack)
Offered by rootsrecords
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album - should have bought it ages ago, 6 Nov 2013
This is a great album that I should have bought ages ago. I also really enjoyed the DVD story of how the album was made and a few other great clips.

If you haven't got this one in your collection - buy it!

*FREE SHIPPING* Jim Dunlop Nylon Guitar Picks / Plectrums: 0.46mm (Handy pack of 10 Picks)
Offered by MUSIK-SCHUBERT
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dunlop plectrum - nice and easy to use, 13 Oct 2013
I bought these as the first I plectra I've bought in many years, having finally worn out my personalised ones and I didn't really know how thick they were! These are a tad thin but actually for quiet strumming make the guitar sound quite mellow. Easy to grip and great for strumming on light strings.

Your Grace Finds Me
Your Grace Finds Me
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Title says it all - excellent album, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Your Grace Finds Me (MP3 Download)
Matt Redman has done it again. As it happens it coincides with a teaching series on Grace in church. The title song hits the spot and the lyrics are very thought provoking. I like the 'live' recordings because it is a bit more like a real event. However, the problem in common with many new songs from Redman and others is the vocal range puts it outside most average singers.

Elixir 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Light (0.012 - 0.053)
Offered by supermusic57
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing life of strings, 19 Sep 2013
I tried these a while ago because I was fed up with new strings losing that new bright sound before they were anywhere near used up. These Elixir strings on my acoustic don't start so bright but boy do they last a long time before the sound quality drops off. They say 3-5x and it's certainly true. Great strings, worth the expense to keep an even sound longer and avoid a few string changes.

The SongCycle: How to Simplify Worship Planning and Re-engage Your Church
The SongCycle: How to Simplify Worship Planning and Re-engage Your Church
Price: 4.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concept with rationale and practical content, 10 Aug 2013
This is a very easy read although will take a lot of working through with team to agree and implement. The worksheets are very helpful in the free workbook.

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Award-winning and clear to see why, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Kindle Edition)
The style is easy and quite refreshing. The subject matter is very interesting and, if you've read any CJ Sansome, Thomas Cromwell is someone you want to know more about. As long as you accept that this is a novel and it's one person's interpretation of events, it a great read.

Had to buy the next one (Bring up the Bodies) as soon as I finished this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3