Profile for oblomov > Reviews

Mykal Sticky Stuff Remover 250ml
Mykal Sticky Stuff Remover 250ml
Offered by A1SONIC

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much good for serious stuff., 5 May 2016
I found the advert for this when specifically looking for some sticky label remover other than this one. My old one had run out and I bought this stuff (elsewhere)as a replacement and it is basicall useless. Not a patch on the old stuff I had (wish I could remember what it was called) Maybe it will shift easy to remove stuff but for anything serious like double sided tape and the like it's not much cop. There are a lot of good reviews for it, but it won't get a goood review from me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2016 2:32 PM BST

TapeCase 1.5-5-468MP High Performance Adhesive Transfer Tape, Converted from 3M 468MP, 1.5" x 5 Yard Roll

1.0 out of 5 stars Is It What It Says It Is?, 2 May 2016
I bought this to re stick something already stuck and then removed by the same specification 3M tape. It just so happened I had a small piece of the original tape remaining on the object, unpeeled. This tape is not the same. The thickness of adhesive is much thinner and the backing tape is also much thinner and the 3M printing on it is not as bright or well printed. The specification on both tapes is the same 3M 469 MP 200 MP Adhesive. My original tape was very heavy duty, this is not. Maybe 3M have changed the specification, maybe there are different types of 3M 469 MP 200 MP, I don't know. I'm not saying it's not genuine but the quality of the print on the backing alone makes me wonder. The other thing is that when I made my purchase there appeared to be critical reviews of this product complaining that it stuck at the edges as it unrolled, now this appears to be a new advert at a cheaper price and I'm the first to review it? I have uploaded a picture of the two backing tapes. My genuine 3M tape is on the left and the other? is on the right and the difference is plain to see. I would have returned this purchase for a refund but I had already used some of it before I realised the discrepancy in quality.
Comment Comment | Permalink

NEW 2PC COIL SPRING COMPRESSOR HEAVY DUTY CAR CLAMPS SET TOOL KIT SUSPENSION
NEW 2PC COIL SPRING COMPRESSOR HEAVY DUTY CAR CLAMPS SET TOOL KIT SUSPENSION
Offered by Bigtreestock

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 8 Dec. 2015
I've had these for a while now and recently came to use them and they were useless. The hook does not follow the curve of the spring and sticks out too far fouling the body of the shock absorber if the spring is close to it. This was the case on two cars. As a result I've bought (on here) a pair of the double hook type with a more sutable hook profile. They may work on heavy duty 4x4s and big vehicles, I don't know, but for your average car I suspect they're useless. I've thrown them away.

Ex-Pro Sony NP-FW50, NPFW50 High Power Plus+ (Upgraded for new series) - 2 Year Warranty Replacment Sony Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars ... this on the back of internet reviews of a good replacement battery and it does the job, 5 Nov. 2015
I bought this on the back of internet reviews of a good replacement battery and it does the job.

Zoggs Unisex Adult Predator Flex Polarized Ultra Swimming Goggles - White/Red/Silver,

3.0 out of 5 stars Good goggles pity about the weak nose bridge., 5 Nov. 2015
I bought a pair of these and they were excellent until the nose bridge connecting piece broke on one side. Upon examination the other side was about to break as well. In all I had about 30 hours of swimming out of them and I would expect a better life expectancy from a product like this, and it seems to be a problem because other reviewers have complained of the same. The anti fog is not particularly good and I had to use an anti fog product each time I used them to keep the lenses clear.
On the plus side despite the above I have bought a new pair because they are extremely comfortable to wear and very good at keeping the water out. I had hoped that a newer pair might have an updated more robust nose bridge but that doesn't appear to be the case unless the rubber consistency has been changed. This time I will keep the receipt and sharp eye on the nose bridge for signs of deterioration. I should add that the goggles are modular so I managed to remove the lenses from the broken pair and put them into a cheaper pair which other than frame colour are identical in shape.

5 x Lamy M63 M61 Rollerball Roller Ball Refill - BLACK
5 x Lamy M63 M61 Rollerball Roller Ball Refill - BLACK
Offered by C-GEAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicate Tips, 8 Oct. 2013
I love the design of Lamy rollerballs. I've got five. The downside is the fact that the rollerball tips are so delicate. Drop them once, even on to a carpet and if they hit tip first the refill is a gonner, often then, writing erratically only in one diretional movement of the pen. I still buy them though.

Vent-Axia 17104010 ACM100 100mm In-Line Mixed Flow Fan
Vent-Axia 17104010 ACM100 100mm In-Line Mixed Flow Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quiet depite the hype, 8 Aug. 2013
I bought one of these to replace the obsolete equivalent I've had venting my shower for twenty years. The old one (in the roofspace 8 feet down the ducting) has always been very quiet and efficient. The new one is indeed also efficient, certainly more powerful than the old one, however it is also very noisy by comparison. The noise isn't a problem, but, quiet this unit is not.

Oregon Scientific WMR100 Full Function PC Downloadable Professional Weather Station

1.0 out of 5 stars Limited Life, 17 April 2013
I had one of these and when just out of warranty the anemometer broke. I managed to repair it (flimsy plastic) but it broke again soon after. I bought a replacement unit and again just out of warranty the anemometer broke. I'm looking for another weather station but it won't be one of these. I live in a high wind area so that might be something to do with it but really these things should be able to stand up to the weather, that's what their function is. I won't be buying another one.

Hozelock Knapsack Garden Sprayer Plus, 12 L
Hozelock Knapsack Garden Sprayer Plus, 12 L

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product let down by confusing manufacturer information and instructions, 23 Jun. 2012
I bought this after a cheaper make spilled it's contents all down my back. It works very well and is easy to use however first you have to overcome the assembly stage. Mine is the 4712, a 2012 model. The instruction booklet was for the 4912 and 4916 models and it's difficult to tell exactly what the differences are. Hozelock say is comes complete with weed killer cone and fan spray nozzle to prevent spray drift when using treatments but it didn't Hozelock say it comes complete with a dosing cap and a unique `last use' indicator so users don't have to worry about the last solution used; again it didn't. What is the unique `last use' indicator? You may well ask; Hozelock refer to it frequently in product blurb but nowhere can I find a description of what it actually is/does and there is no reference to it in the instruction book. The Hozelock site says the unit has a 3 year guarantee, but the instruction booklet says it has a five year guarantee, which is it?

Assembly instructions are cryptic to say the least.

Cryptic instruction (1) tells you to take the mixture agitator (an educated guess as to its function, I could be wrong) which is 'T' shaped and fit it to a lug near the bottom of the pump assembly.
Cryptic instruction (2) tells you the unit can be used left or right handed so what you did in (1) may or may not be correct and you may then notice that there is a second agitator fixing lug 180 degrees to the rear of the first. Inset diagrams in (2) show how to correctly and incorrectly fit the pump assembly. The agitator and semicircular base plate need to face into the unit, however when you find that the two will not align properly to allow this (the agitator being too far left or right) you will have reached the stage where (once more?) you need to remove the agitator from its lug. Then remove the pump assembly and then remove the inner pump mechanism from the assembly body. The top is dark grey plastic and the bottom (with aforesaid agitator lugs) white. They screw together and you'll need to screw them together even tighter which should (by trial and error) align the agitator lug correctly to allow correct fitting of the pump assembly. Simples.
Cryptic instruction (14) shows the lance parked in the two retaining clips facing the rear of the unit. It will only do this once you have noticed the pump lever has a groove on the inside at the end and the lever must be parked completely upright with the groove on the metal bar.
And there you are, Bob's your Uncle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2013 4:21 PM BST

Ring RAC630 12V Automatic Digital Tyre Inflator with LED Light, Adaptor Set and Storage Case

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy another make, 11 Jun. 2012
I bought one of these because it came top in tests. With very little use it lasted just over a year and then the display wouldn't work. I thought I'd been unlucky so I bought another one and it lasted just over a year with minimal use before the pressure sensor ceased to work. Buy another make.

Page: 1 | 2