Profile for Tanzanite > Reviews

Tanzanite (Dorset UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 1 April 2014
Went flat after 3 nights and lost it's memory. Very, very soft. Same density topper elsewere was firmer with better memory effect so wondering if it was 40kg rather than 45kg. This one also had a slight holey look to it as if it was just normal foam.

Camille Womens Lingerie Underwired Lace Sexy Shapewear Body 36E
Camille Womens Lingerie Underwired Lace Sexy Shapewear Body 36E
Offered by Camille Lingerie

2.0 out of 5 stars Torpedo Boobs, 5 Mar. 2014
If you like the pointy madonna cone chest then this item will give you the look you are after!
It's also too long in the body and baggy around the legs front and back. It does nothing to hold you in at all either as it's too stretchy. The straps are also a bit too wide.
One good thing is I don't have to pay to send it back as a pre-paid label is enclosed.
Such a shame as it's so difficult to find a body with no bra back fastening as I have trouble wearing bras due to a very painful ribcage condition.

CND Shellac Power Polish - Forbidden Collection - Steel Glaze - 0.25oz/7.3ml
CND Shellac Power Polish - Forbidden Collection - Steel Glaze - 0.25oz/7.3ml
Offered by Ella Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars More gold than steel, 22 Dec. 2013
Grey colours suit me well so I was pleased to see this one added. However, the name 'steel gaze' is very misleading as it is more gold! Warm, gold tones don't suit me and not one I would wear so I was very disappointed. They should have made it a darker grey and added silver shimmer as you'd expect not the gold shimmer which turns it into a khaki gold colour. I've added a customer photo so you can see it's more gold than steel/silver. I'm sure many will be happy with this colour, unfortunately I'm not one of them.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Womens Viscose Jersey Leopard Print Hoodied Onesie Jumpsuit (M/L (UK 12-14), Leopard/Grey)
Offered by Candy Girl Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Sept. 2013
I was thrilled to find a onesie that wasn't thick and fleecy. I love soft, stretchy viscose fabric, it's so comfy although when it arrived which took a bit longer than I expected it wasn't the really soft, stretchy viscose I was expecting. It's fine though. Perhaps it'll get a little softer when its been washed. It is fairly thin so you could even wear this in the summer. Unlike a lot of other onesies, the crotch doesn't hang down to your knees and the legs aren't too long (I'm 5ft 4). It also doesn't have a ridiculously large hood nor silly ears on it.

I got the 12/14. I'm anywhere between a 10 or 12 on the bottom and a 14 or 16 on top depending on the brand. The legs and waist fits great, very slightly baggy on the legs and is very flattering on my figure. The bust however was slightly tight on me, an extra half inch or an inch would have been better.

All in all though I am delighted with my purchase. The price is reasonable too. Would love a plain black or a deep purple one!

It's Raining Men
It's Raining Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous!, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
Well done Milly, you've done it again! I pre-ordered this last NOV before I even knew what it would be about. As always it didn't disappoint. A fantastic, easy read that I didn't want to end. Milly's books are true escapisim and I always feel as if I'm there with the characters observing everything going on, that's how well the author writes.

Can't wait til the next one, hurry up Milly!

Gluten-free Bread and Cakes from Your Breadmaker: With Full Details for Dairy or Lactose Intolerance (Real Food)
by Carolyn Humphries

3.0 out of 5 stars Struggling with the recipes, 10 May 2013
I bought this book just over 6wks ago and to be very honest, I'm really struggling to get a decent loaf and I'm not sure why this book gets so many 5 star reviews. I use a Panasonic 2500 Breadmaker and have been trying to make several of the bread recipes numerous times either sticking exactly to the recipe or making slight tweaks as needed. I tried the milk loaf first which came out smaller than I'd like (I like high risen loaves for large slices!) and just had a taste I didn't find acceptable for me personally, it seems I don't like the taste of milk in my bread.

I then tried the moist loaf several times and being very exact with the recipe but for a 'large' loaf as described in the book it came out about 3" tall and did not rise much (yes, I opened a new packet of yeast in case it was that, it wasn't) it also had again a smell and taste that I can't stomach. I then tweaked it as I found it was the cornflour and the dry milk powder giving it the taste I don't like and substituted the milk powder for soya flour. Again, still no joy with that recipe.

I then went on to the sandwich loaf. Getting closer, very, very soft and the taste was much better (with milk powder omitted and no soya flour as it gave the bread a smell and taste that literally made my stomach turn! An eggy, wet dog smell and taste) . However, there seems to be a major error in the recipe with the amount of water needed as the loaf turned out very soggy and sticky and with an undercooked texture. I then remade it with 480ml of water instead of the 550ml in the recipe, put it on the gluten free setting to let it knead and rise then stopped the machine and set it to bake only for 1hr and 20mins as the 55mins longest setting was just not enough. It was cooked properly this time and had made a large loaf as there was no knock down and second rise as when using the basic setting as per the recipe but still far too much water as it was still very sticky and stodgy. This could well be my perfect loaf as I love the taste, just not the sticky, stodgy texture! If any one knows the correct amount of water please do leave a comment as I have made this recipe tweaking it with each one trying to get it right, I must have made it 10 times by now and I'm close to tearing my hair out not to mention the expense in ingredients wasted.

It's such a shame as this seems to be the only gluten free bread book for breadmakers that is suitable for a UK market, although is quite dated now, maybe an updated version from the author would be a welcome idea!

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Wonderful Bread Mix 450 g (Pack of 2)
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Wonderful Bread Mix 450 g (Pack of 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so wonderful bread - Made me ill, 6 April 2013
I've been gluten free for 8yrs and only very recently have I started making my own bread. I've tried numerous bread mixes and as this had such good reviews thought I would try some even though it's very expensive.
The loaf was massive! It rose to the top of the 2 pound bread pan in my panasonic breadmaker and so it makes huge slices. Always a plus in my book!
However, it has a strange taste to it that didn't sit well with me, I had to force myself to get through eating the rest of my toast due to the odd taste which overpowered the marmite and marmalade I had spread on each slice (I didn't have any other bread at the time) and I felt very queasy within half hour of eating it for the rest of the day and the next morning I had low abdominal pressure and sharp cramp type pains. I thought it may have just been me, I have other medical conditions as well and I carried on eating the bread for the next two days and again the same thing happened, horrible queasiness and the stomach issues every morning. I researched garbanzo beans, the largest ingredient on the packet which is something I'd never heard of nor eaten before, I found out is just another name for chickpeas. Seems it does not agree with me at all. I've also got the other symptoms I get when accidentally eating gluten: weak, exhausted, slightly breathless, leg pains and light-headedness. Plus the very sore crack in the corner of my mouth, a sure sign for me I've eaten something with gluten in. I know 100% for definite I haven't eaten anything with gluten in so something is very wrong here with this product.. Apparently garbanzo beans are related to the soy family and a large amount of people who react to gluten also react to soy. I've also since read online there are others who have had the same stomach reactions to this mix. Be careful!

Sorry all the 5 star reviewers, for me at least there is far better tasting gluten free bread mixes out there than this which actually taste of bread and not something strange such as Orgran and Mrs Crimbles at a much better price and they don't make me feel as if I've eaten gluten or give me even more digestive problems than I already have!

Orgran Gluten Free Bread Mix 450g
Orgran Gluten Free Bread Mix 450g
Offered by All Mall Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all!, 29 Mar. 2013
My first ever go at making my own gluten free bread. I used the recipe on the packet and made it in my panasonic breadmaker on the basic rapid setting. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely going to use this again, although next time I will add slightly less water and bake it on the gluten free setting as it was slightly soggy and needed at least 5-10mins more baking time really. The taste was good though, if a little bland. Texture was a little dense yet not like a brick even though the loaf felt heavy when picking it up. It had bounce and didn't have a load of big holes. The crust was very pale and anemic looking and I had set it to medium crust. Next time I will choose the dark setting. It slices well and is good for toast. It can hold up to beans on toast or anything else you wish to put on it. It also makes a very good sized loaf 3/4 the way up of my panasonic bread pan. With those minor tweaks next time I make it, it will be spot on. I look forward to making many more loaves, I'm off to buy more packets right now!

Update: Just made this for the second time and its come out MUCH better. This time I used slightly less water 410ml instead of the recommended 425ml on the packet. I used the gluten free setting on my panasonic (55 mins bake time instead of the 35 mins recommended on the packet!) and set it to dark crust. It came out a beautiful colour instead of completely white and less soggy.

The 3rd time of making this I decided I much preferred that yeast smell and taste in my bread so I tried adding a teaspoon of Doves Farm yeast and a teaspoon of caster sugar. It improved the flavour and wasn't so bland.

Hope my tips help someone make a tasty loaf.

NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine and Beverage Maker EDG625.B Melody 3 Play & Select by De'Longhi - Black
Offered by Discount Superstores

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye bye Tassimo, I'm in love with a new machine!, 4 Mar. 2013
I bought a Tassimo machine a little over 2yrs ago and just outside of the 1yr warranty it broke down so I immediately bought another. By then I had found just 2 flavours I enjoyed of their range. Oh how I wish when it broke that I had bought a dolce gusto machine instead. Alas, it is only very recently I have made the switch.
Why did I switch? I am a fan of milkier type coffees, the lattes especially. Espressos are not my thing, nor is any strong, bitter coffee so seeing that the dolce gusto range had for more milkier and latte type flavours, especially the vanilla latte I decided to make the change. Also Tassimo had been out of stock for a couple of MONTHS of my favourites and that clinched the decision. This machine was also less expensive than a Tassimo one.

I tried the skinny latte first, one of the free pods that came with the machine. Literally on the very first sip I took, I realised what a major improvement this range of coffee is to Tassimo ones. It tasted like a proper coffee shop coffee. It also had a wonderful thick mouth-feel from the mass amount of froth. Tassimo coffees tend to be far too strong and bitter, even the lattes, so much so I had to add a substantial amount of hot water to them to water it down. It was not necessary to do this with these dolce gusto pods. Tassimo lattes also have far less froth.
I've since tried the Americano and the Lungo (I added milk) and all have been excellent, I look forward to my huge delivery of pods from the dolce gusto website this week so I can try every single one. I'm sure they will be just as delicious! If you're thinking of changing from a Tassimo to something else or making your first purchase of a coffee pod machine, no need to hesitate, get this!

The machine itself is a little smaller and looks so much nicer than my old Tassimo machine which looks dated next to it (still finishing up a few of the pods I have left but tempted to not bother now I have the far superior dolce gusto!). You simply look at the lid of the pods to see what level you need to set the machine, press the hot button for hot water and away it goes and within seconds you have a lovely tasting coffee to perk you up. My tassimo was slightly more intelligent, it read the barcode on the pods so you didn't have to adjust anything on the machine unless you wanted more or less water then you had to hold down a button or press it to stop the flow. The tassimo was also a pain in the bum with its red descaling light coming on every 6wks even though only two cups a day were prepared and you HAD to do it immediately or you can damage the machine. Descaling also took the best part of an hour and a half faffing about; this dolce gusto seems to be a little easier. The tank on this one is also much easier to clean than my tassimo, the tassimo had an enclosed `float' inside in quite a large enclosure compared to this one and if any crud built up in there you couldn't reach it, I had to buy a new tank three times. It also required the extra expense of needing a Brita water filter. I live in a very hard water area so the dolce gusto without a filter is a little worrying.

I'd love to see a few more pod choices such as an Irish cream coffee and being able to buy separate milk pods would be nice. Unlike Tassimo you can't get them for this system, although you may be lucky to find some on ebay. Milk pods for the coffees pods that come without it would be handy as it's not easy for me to have a supply of fresh milk on hand where I keep and use my coffee machine (not in a kitchen!)

Like my Tassimo the water that comes out is not boiling hot. This seems to be the case no matter which machine/system you plump for. So you pretty much have to start drinking your coffee as soon as you've made it. I would prefer it to be a little hotter, although some types of coffees seem to be a bit hotter than others. It's not a major problem though.

These coffees also seem to have a lower amount of caffeine in them than Tassimo. Tassimo coffees all had 135mg of caffeine per coffee pod which is a plus for me as I have a condition which my specialist told me I have to try and hit 500mg of caffeine per day from coffee and chocolate to help my symptoms (A doctor `prescribing' coffee and chocolate, what a very nice man!). These dolce gusto ones from what I have found out are around 50-65mg per coffee pod. Oh well, drinking more of these is certainly no hardship, they taste fantastic!

I am so happy I switched to this and also very excited to try every pod they offer. I have a feeling I'll be drinking far more coffee now with this one than with my Tassimo! I've even stocked up on flavoured coffee syrups and new glass mugs/latte mugs to go with my new system, I'm that thrilled with it. Buy one, you won't regret it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2015 11:37 PM GMT

Hartleys Raspberries in Jelly 175 g (Pack of 12)
Hartleys Raspberries in Jelly 175 g (Pack of 12)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong description, 16 Feb. 2013
As I'm trying to lose some excess weight I wanted some low calorie sweet treats. Thought this would be perfect at 10 calories per pot but when they arrived on the pots themselves they say 98 calories. So either the description is wrong or Amazon have sent the wrong ones. So be aware of this, especially if you bought these sugar free for diabetes. Awaiting Amazons response. Once I get the right ones I shall update on how they taste and whether they satisfy a sweet tooth!

Update: Amazon promptly offered me a full refund as seems the description is incorrect. No low cal jelly for me then :0(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7