Profile for India 10 > Reviews

Putting Children First: A Handbook for Separated Parents
Putting Children First: A Handbook for Separated Parents
by Karen Woodall

1.0 out of 5 stars My kids hate me, 12 May 2013
Worked on one of my kiddies but the other two wan't nothing to do with me (oops misread "children for "myself")hehe

Meditations on Violence: A Comparison of Martial Arts Training and Real World Violence
by Sgt. Rory Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for police officers and martial artists, 23 Sep 2010
I work as a police officer in a busy town centre and have been training in a martial art for several years. I found this book extremely interesting and authentic. The author a corrections officer clearly knows his business and I wish I had read this book 25 years ago when I first joined. The book is packed with useful information on human behaviour and how to diffuse different situations. It helps you understand violence and those who behave violently. It also makes you think about your training and offers good advice on making self defence work. It should be read by every police officer especially those working in areas where they are regularly involved in conflict and those who have to investigate violent crime. There is so much good stuff in this book I am reading it for the second time before passing it round my team.