Profile for Andy > Reviews

Andy

Page: 1 | 2
CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger with Automatic Temperature Compensation
CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger with Automatic Temperature Compensation

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems able to rescue batteries that my fast charger cant., 25 Jun. 2016
I've also own a great big starter-charger, which is great for when I need to start a car with a dead battery, but it wasn't giving me the opportunity to "rescue" a battery. This charger, taking its time over it, seems able to bring a dead battery back to full life which is exactly what I needed. Its also worth noting that the cabling is thin enough that I can attach the charger and run the cables out from under the bonnet and still close the bonnet without anything catching - vital for a long charge outdoors.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2016 11:09 PM BST

Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 Wireless Earbuds with Charge case - Black (Retail packaging)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as a good as the old Backbeat Pros, 25 Jun. 2016
These are really not working for me. The audio quality is disappointing with a complete lack of bass, and I really can't get them to fit and stay in : they come with three sizes of eartips, I've tried them all and the damn things just fall out when I move my head. I think the lack of bass is also due to the poor fitting, so, they *may* work better for you.

I've owned the last two generations of Backbeat Pro, and these are not a worthy replacement. I think these are going to go in a cupboard and be forgotten about.

Andget USB External DVD Combo CD-RW Burner Drive Silver
Andget USB External DVD Combo CD-RW Burner Drive Silver
Offered by Bingo Gadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and slender drive, but couldn't boot from it., 19 April 2016
Works fine as a DVD drive but I couldn't persuade the machine to boot from it. Another external drive I had lying around worked fine though.

Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill
Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill

2.0 out of 5 stars OK for first few days now buzzing and vibrating., 2 Jan. 2015
This treadmill started out as OK. After 3 days of use (a few hours in total) I turned if off and put it away - the room was used for xmas visitors - it folds away nicely. Now I've got it back out again and its immediately making a loud buzzing noise when switched on a vibrates in use. I'm hoping confidence can contact me via this review for advice? If not it will have to go back.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

2.0 out of 5 stars Messy to install, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
Complete pain to install. Seems to require other random Amazon apps to work : not even the ones it suggests. Doesn't play well with Kindle on the device if it uses a different account.

Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Small improvement on the 903 - which I loved., 8 Sept. 2014
I previously owned the 903 model (not plus). These improve on the older model with a voice description of battery level when you turn them on (really useful) but I prefer the older model's location of volume controls. The old version also used to get interruptions in sound when entering a crowded place (like a mayor railway station) where a lot of people may have BT on. These suffer from the same issues.

Freecom 35296 Quattro Docking Station for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA Hard Drives - Compatible with USB 2.0/FireWire400/800/eSATA

4.0 out of 5 stars Really really useful, 8 July 2013
USB, eSATA, and FW means I can plug naked disks into just about anything. I only use it occasionally but its an excellent tool to have in the toolbox.

StarTech.com Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable - Video/Audio Cable - Mini-DisplayPort (M) - 20 pin DisplayPort (M) - 1.8 m - Latched

5.0 out of 5 stars Driving my 2560x1440 monitor no problems., 8 July 2013
Not a lot to say about this. I needed a cable to drive my Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 monitor from an early 2009 27" iMac. It worked perfectly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2013 9:52 PM GMT

Asus PB278Q (27 inch) LED Monitor 80000000:1 300 cd/m2 2560 x 1440 5ms HDMI DVI-D DisplayPort VGA (Black)
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

4.0 out of 5 stars A match for my 27" iMac, 8 July 2013
Great monitor. Looks good next to the 27" iMac and the adjustable height means it can also sit behind/above my laptop with no issue. Only issue has been that a couple of my PC's refuse to drive it at full resolution. This is obviously not the monitors fault, but do beware that if you only have HDMI you *may* not get above HD resolution.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, quiet, and a sleek OS, 8 July 2013
First impressions are this is brilliant. The DSM OS is great to use - so much easier to get things done than my previous netgear, and it feels responsive. Easy to set up (actually I'd have preferred a couple *more* questions in the default setup) but had it up and running, serving files, and acting as a TimeMachine in no time.

Page: 1 | 2