Profile for Donna > Reviews

Content by Donna

Donna (Sweden)

Mixed Media Mosaics: Techniques & Projects Using Polymer Clay Tiles Beads & Other Embellishments: Techniques and Projects Using Polymer Clay Tiles, Beads and Other Embellishments
by Laurie Mika

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marvel, 10 Jun 2013
I enjoyed every page in this book and it is well written with lots of interesting anecdotes. It is very original and I like the detailed instruction which is easy to follow. It is a great book which will be a source of inspiration over and over again.

10-Minute Watercolours (Collins Gem)
10-Minute Watercolours (Collins Gem)
by Hazel Soan
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A GEM, 10 Jun 2013
A tiny book packed with brilliant ideas and tips. I am amazed at its size but it is a great book. Easy to carry it around. Worth the five stars and would recommend it to anyone interested in water colour painting.

Journal Fodder 365: Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict
Journal Fodder 365: Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict
by Eric M. Scott
Price: 13.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 10 Jun 2013
I was expecting a different kind of inspiration and was very dissappointed with the book. It did not appeal to my taste and I did not explore it much and returned it without further ado. I wanted more guidance and ideas to do a year's journalling and this book did not offer that to me. I awarded the three stars as there were some good ideas but not enough on a daily basis.

Songs Of Love And Hate
Songs Of Love And Hate
Price: 6.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as I expected, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Songs Of Love And Hate (Audio CD)
I am very dissappointed with this item and wonder if it is possible to return it? It lacks lustre and does not do anything for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 11:08 AM GMT

Ten New Songs
Ten New Songs
Price: 4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Ten New Songs (Audio CD)
I can listen to this CD at anytime without getting tired of listening to it. Even my 16 year old thinks that it is great. Cohen's haunting voice and the back-up singers together with the spartan musical accompaniment make it very unusal but refreshing at the same time. I simply adore this CD and it is excellent value.

I'm Your Man
I'm Your Man
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars He truly is....anytime, 26 May 2012
This review is from: I'm Your Man (Audio CD)
This CD is just what the title says. I like all the songs and Leonard sings them with so much of passion and feelings. It sends chills down my spine because you feel that he is there with you and singing for you. Take this waltz is my absolute favourite and then it is I am your man. For the price of 2.99, it is worth every penny literally. I can listen to it at anytime, all the time.

Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry
Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry
by Sharilyn Miller
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay book, 7 Jan 2012
It is a book which has all the basic knowledge required for wire making jewellery. However, there was nothing that bowled me over and made me get started immediately. A very average book and hence the three star rating.

by John O'Donohue
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 42.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful collection indeed, 27 Nov 2010
You will never grow tired of listening to this CD collection. I feel that I am listening to a friend everytime I play this CD. It has so much of wisdom and it is about everyday life. It has helped me enormously too.

There was a problem with the CD itself and it was sorted out very amicably with the necessary parties and I pleased with the outcome. So it is a great product to have and is warmly recommended.

by John O'Donohue
Edition: Audio Cassette

3.0 out of 5 stars Pity that it turned out to be cassettes instedad of CDs and the price does not justify it., 19 Mar 2010
To my amazement, I found out that the audio book that I had ordered turned out to be cassettes instead of CDs and yes, I should have read the fine print which I did several times but it just did not click. I bought a similar product recently, and they were CDs and I expected these to be as well. I thought cassettes were obsolete. As it would be too expensive to return it back, I am now wondering how I am going to convert it into CDs. It is such a palava as I am not very good with technical things.