ARRAY(0xa2686984)

Profile for Ying > Reviews

Content by Ying

Ying

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels Mysteries)
Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels Mysteries)
by Ilona Andrews
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, 12 May 2009
I am a hugh fan of Ilona Andrews. If you think Magic Bites was good, Magic Burns was excellent, Magic Strikes will blow you away. If I can give more that 5 stars I would. Perfect balance of character development, action/plot progression, humour, romance and brilliant writing.

The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (Mammoth Books)
by Trisha Telep
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Wide selection of short paranormal romance, 17 April 2009
I wish I could give this a 3.5 star. Since they are short stories, I won't give anything away. Will focus on how I feel after each story instead.
- The Temptation of Robin Green - Carrie Vaughn (no star) Disappointing. I am a hugh fan of her books but this one leave me disappointed.
- Succubus Seduction - Cheyenne McCray (3.5 stars) Very entertaining but the "romance" is a bit forced.
- Paranormal Romance Blues - Kelley Armstrong (4 stars) For sassy heroine.
- John Doe - Anna Windsor (4.5 stars) I really enjoyed this one.
- Taking Hold - Anya Bast (4 stars) Leave you wanting to know what will happen next.
- How to Date a Super Hero - Jean Johnson (3.5 stars) Amusing and funny but spent a lot of time explaining heroes & heroines powers and not too much on developing relationship.
- Daniel - C.T Adams & Cathy Clamp (3.5 stars) For a strong heroine but Daniel himself is a bit wet.
- Light Through Fog - Holly Lisle (4.5 stars) A moving story but leave me on the fence about lack of charactor developments.
- The Tuesday Encounters - Mary Jo Putney (3.5 stars) A very likable hero, but romance was a bit forced.
- Trinity Blue - Eve Silver (4 stars) For another likable hero.
- The Grace of Small Magics - Ilona Andrews (5 stars) The best of the bunch. Pack full of actions and romance. Perfect! Worth buying this book for this story alone.
- Once a Demon - Dina James (4.5 stars) Leave you wanting more. An introduction to many wonderful charactors.
- Night Vision - Maria V. Snyder (4.5 stars) I hope she writes a full lenght novel for Sophia and Mitch.
- Pele's Tears' - Catherine Mulvany (3 stars) Just ok, average.
- Pack - Jeaniene Frost (5 stars) Really enjoyed this one. Hoping to see more of the pack esp Daniel and Marlee.
- When Gargoyles Fly - Lori Devoti (3.5 stars) Starting out great but a bit rush in the end.
- The Lighthouse Keeper and His Wife - Sara Mack (2 stars) A bit pointless.
- Blood Song - Lynda Hilburn (3.5 stars) About healing through music. It was ok.
- The Princess and the Peas - Alyssa Day (3.5 stars) I thought it was going to be bad but was pleasantly surprise. Amusing.
- At Second Bite - Michelle Rowen (3.5 stars) Amusing.
- Blue Crush -Rachel Caine (3.5 stars) An entertaining little story, ok for a stort story.
- The Wager - Sherrilyn Kenyon (1 star) I was hoping for something (anything) to happen in this story. Whining on and on and on...
- In Sheep's Clothing - Meljean Brook (5 stars) Action, romance, warewolves & murder. Great read!
- The Dream Catcher - Allyson James (4 stars) Enjoyable and I would like to see more of Ochen.