Profile for B. Popham > Reviews

Content by B. Popham

B. Popham "Orange Blossom" (U.K)

The Graveyard Book
The Graveyard Book
by Neil Gaiman

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, light hearted, escapism book., 27 Dec. 2008
This review is from: The Graveyard Book (Hardcover)
I've just finished reading this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like I said in the title it was easy to read, funny in places and a good, light-hearted, escapism book. I would recommend it to anyone.

The lack of a 5th star only comes from the fact that I wish Neil would have gone into a bit for detail about the characters Silas and Miss Lupescu. I found myself left wanting for a bit more involvement from these two characters. I also got a tad frustrated by the haziness of what went on between them and the Jacks.

Other than that, I loved it and would defiantly read it again! I would also recommend listening to the audio-book. Neil himself narrates it and he does it extremely well; very atmospheric, broody and extremely enjoyable.

I hope you find this helpful (it's my 1st book review...)

Hellsing: Impure Souls Anime Manga (Hellsing Anime Manga)
Hellsing: Impure Souls Anime Manga (Hellsing Anime Manga)
by Kohta Hirano

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good but not THAT good, 28 Feb. 2006
Basically all this book is really is a Hellsing TV episode in book format. They've taken frames from an episode and put them in this book. A good idea BUT me personally, i'd much rather watch the episodes on DVD than read them.
Like I said above, they had a good idea but the quality of the pictures isn't great. They've VERY dark and some are almost impossible to see what they are. They are also pretty fuzzy and you feel like you're not focusing on the picture properly. It's hard to focus on whats going on in the story and work out what the picture actually is.
If you really love Hellsing then by all means go ahead and buy this book but if I were you, i'd just buy the DVD's.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Music to Duel By
Yu-Gi-Oh! Music to Duel By
Offered by EliteDigital UK

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this album because..., 12 April 2005
I love this album because its got the song "No Matter What" and "I'm Back" which are two of my fav YuGiOh songs.
My hat off to Mike Pasternack who sang " No Matter What" it really gets you deep!
The album as a whole is good but it would be a whole lot better if it kicked of few of the songs off e.g "We'll Be There" I'm sorry if i affend people who like that song but its just abit too soppy for my liking!
It was definatly worth what i payed for it.
Hope this helps :)