Profile for Mountain Man > Reviews

Content by Mountain Man

Mountain Man (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
VonHaus 1850W Portable Electric Stove Heater Fire Place / Fireplace - Log Burning Flame Effect
Offered by Designer Habitat

4.0 out of 5 stars Great heater for the money...good value, 29 Sep 2014
Represents good value for the money. Slightly small in overall size but the heater does act as a focal point in a small room. We bought ours for that purpose and also quick heat, in the conservatory during the colder months. Two heat settings or it can blow cold air or just flickering coal effect alone. All controls are hidden behind behind a drop down flap on the front and it has a turn knob thermostatic heat control which clicks on and off according to the ambient temperature of the room. Dropped a star only because of the noise of the heater on full. Don't be put off by this though only to be expected from what is basically a fan heater. There is a very slight sound when on flicker only but nothing to worry about. Overall I would recommend for anyone needing quick heat and a nice warm red glow for the winter months.

INFLATABLE TRAVEL PILLOW FLIGHT PILLOW FLOCK FLOCKED CUSHION CAMPING BEACH
INFLATABLE TRAVEL PILLOW FLIGHT PILLOW FLOCK FLOCKED CUSHION CAMPING BEACH

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and very compact, 10 Sep 2014
Folds very flat. blowing up necessitates the need to pinch the neck of the valve whilst blowing into it. It's a non return valve. More comfortable when not fully inflated but it does the job for me to have something to stuff in my pocket a bring out when having to sit on hard surfaces for prolonged periods.

Bluetooth Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable 40mm Speaker For iPhone 6, 5, 5s, 5c, iPod, iPad, Fire Phone and MP3 Players
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a great speaker great for ease of use and portability, 24 Aug 2014
Read loads or reviews about this before buying. It's well made and comes with USB charger lead to charge form the computer and a lead to play through equipment that doesn't have Bluetooth. The Bluetooth works fine and up to some considerable distance. The quality is good and it does fill an average size room but no bigger. The bass end sound is not brilliant but only to be expected for something of this size. I wasn't 'blown away' by the quality but certainly acceptable given the portability and size of the speaker. Ideal for travelling and definitely worth buying for the money to travel with on hols. But if you are able to plug your iPod , iPad or iPhone into some sort of larger amp/speaker system then I would for improved quality and greater frequency range. In summary for portability, quick set up with no wires and for the £16.99 I paid for it I would buy it again even if I knew what it would sound like before hand.

Josef Seibel Men's Klaus Leather Mule Brasil 10999 26341 11 UK
Josef Seibel Men's Klaus Leather Mule Brasil 10999 26341 11 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality leather mule slipper, 23 Aug 2014
Just wasn't sure about the size so settled on ordering by show size and have found they fit perfectly. The leather is top quality and quickly moulded to the lumps and bumps of my feet. The sole is substantial and fine for venturing outside although I have decided to stick to inside use only and not get them mucked up. They stay on my feet and don't slip off. I wanted these for the leather lining.. Have found that fleecy lined cheap slippers smell after a while even though I regularly wash my feet. Leather simply doesn't. Would recommend its worth spending the money. Built to last.

Woodstock Encore Collection Bronze Chimes of Earth Windchime
Woodstock Encore Collection Bronze Chimes of Earth Windchime
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful resonance, 23 Aug 2014
I originally found these chimes in a local craft shop but were £8 dearer. After listening to the whole series including Jupiter Neptune Pluto etc I found earth to have the most beautiful resonating sound of them all. It's all personal opinion but I would urge you to try the sounds out first because they differ quite considerably. Earth has a mid tone and seems to carry quite a distance. If they are chiming in the wind constantly it may upset the neighbours so I have hung them inside the house near a window to catch the breeze. In winter with windows shut I will move it near a place where I walk past frequently so I can give them a nudge. Beautiful sound and substantially made. Would recommend.

CLEAR SILICONE GEL S LINE CASE COVER FOR IPHONE 5C -- Including Screen Protector & Polishing Cloth By Connect Zone®
Offered by Connect Zone®

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value phone case, 14 Aug 2014
Very good value for the money. Contrary to other reviews the case DOES fit the iPhone 5C! The cut outs and the gel raised buttons are in the right place. And it did come with a screen protector of good quality. For the money I would not hesitate recommending this product. Delivery was prompt. No issues.

Braun Thermoscan lens filters , covers x 20 (PC20)
Braun Thermoscan lens filters , covers x 20 (PC20)
Offered by Pharmacy Place

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, 9 Aug 2014
Not much to say, except they are Braun originals and fit my recently purchased Braun thermometer. I intend to use e new one each time because one source error is trying to save money reusing the lenses. They are so cheap it's not worth reusing.

Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer
Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer
Offered by Value Products Outlet

4.0 out of 5 stars So much easier to use than my old mercury, 9 Aug 2014
Having just been in hospital recently I couldn't tell the difference between this one and the Braun thermometers the nurses used. Same size, same cradle, same lenses. Mine seems accurate although have not checked it against my old clinical mercury thermometer. I could hardly read that one and the act of trying to shake the mercury down required violent moment of the hand and lots of wrist flicking. Exhausting. I bought extra lenses to use and will make sure I use a new one each time. This is a source of errors when you try to reuse them. So easy to use. You just have to listen for the long bleep to know it's measured your temp correctly. Would recommend.

A Briefer History of Time
A Briefer History of Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier read, 9 Aug 2014
So much easier to read than A Brief History of Time which as a retired science teacher still I struggled with. It has coloured illustrations too. Half way through and enjoying the read. Fascinating perspective on the universe and our place in it.

Bodum 1 L Caffettiera Coffee maker - 8 cup
Bodum 1 L Caffettiera Coffee maker - 8 cup

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 23 Jun 2014
I originally used a Bodum but I dropped it and broke the glass. I decided to buy and supermarket 'cheapy' for £7. To be fair its lasted for around 2 years but eventually the push down mesh filter doesnt form a decent seal with the glass and grains of coffee seep past and get into your cup. So back to the Bodum. The quality of the construction is definitely well above the cheap versions. The metal mesh filter is far more substantially constructed and will last much longer. The plastic lid is heavier duty. All in all you get what you pay for. I was very pleased when I found this 8 cup version for £15. Good value for an original Bodum. In our local shop they are around £30. I would recommend this to all those who enjoy their ground coffee rather than instant Nescafe. If it is supposed to fill 8 cups they must be very small coffee cups. You get about 3-4 medium sized mugs from a each filling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6