Profile for Debs > Reviews

Content by Debs

Debs "Debs" (West Midlands)

Altered Light: Seeing A Different World
Altered Light: Seeing A Different World

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking read, 5 July 2014
A book that popped into my world when I least expected it. It has left me intrigued enough to discover more about myself and the world around me. Soothing, thought provoking and at times a book I needed to put down and go think about what I had just read exploring the feelings, emotions and thoughts that were being evoked by the authors words. This book takes courage to read as it takes one back at times with the things that come into mind as you read it. Anyone that does read it will never look at the world the same again and that I believe is a good thing.

The 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses for Your Small Business
The 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses for Your Small Business

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful read showcasing an expert author who isn't afraid to give their readers great value., 5 July 2014
A Breath of 'fresh' marketing air! How very refreshing to be given so much value in a beautifully written book for such a low investment. All the hype and mystique taken away leaving you with no nonsense practical advice. A power packed book full of great advice. This author clearly knows her stuff and isn't afraid to share it. An expert in her field representing herself as open, honest, practical and passionate about her subject. A genuinely fabulous read I feel empowered enough to go and apply the information imparted. A book I will definitely refer back to again and again.

Business Networking For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance))
Business Networking For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance))

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 14 April 2014
Whether you are new to business networking, wondering why how or what networking is or you have been networking for a while and possibly think you know it all, think again. this book has something for every level of business networker. It is easy to read, well written and clear in it's open approach and honest account of the authors own experience. I have taken lots from this book to apply to my own networking practise and share with my fellow networkers. I will be recommending this book to others in my business circles as a tool that will help them get the best return from their networking efforts and endeavours. Top read, Thank you Stefan for sharing your brilliance.

Get Off Your Arse
Get Off Your Arse
by Brad Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't write a book with ARSE in the title, 19 May 2012
This review is from: Get Off Your Arse (Paperback)
That's what I thought when I first saw it. But Brad Burton has proven you can and he has. Life throws us many curve balls and life throws us many lifelines, we miss most of them because we are too busy wondering how life got so tough. In general most of us just need to know we are not alone. That our mistakes are others mistakes too. And most importantly to be given the verdict we are NORMAL. Wow, that is exactly what this book does. No holds barred, gritty honesty. No bleating or preaching just a good dose of reality. Whatever your level in business or wherever you're at in life, we can always learn more. This book will sum up the parodies of life and give you some distinct action points to follow. After reading it I felt uplifted and human again, something I hadn't felt for a while. Coming into contact with a business coach who over promised and under delivered to the tune of 20K plus. I felt cheated, conned and robbed and was letting this mans greed eat me up. I read pg 177 and finally got it. This book took me from winging to winning. Brad I am truly grateful you took time to write this, your wisdom is invaluable, the fact that people can have a piece of this priceless wisdom for such fantastic price will be life changing for many, but only if they apply the principles. Warning do NOT read if you think that reading this book will change your life. It will inspire you to make the changes but as the title suggest you will need to Get OFF your arse and take action, only you can do that. I'm glad I did.

Through Rose Coloured Glasses
Through Rose Coloured Glasses
by Ruth Salway

5.0 out of 5 stars Older and Wiser, 6 Sep 2008
This book is evocative and beautifully written. It is thought provoking and makes one look at ones own life. How innocent people can be fooled into a world of mass illusion !! Ruth has told a story that will have you captured from the beginning. I could not put the book down and read it in one evening. Each page held my breath and I could feel myself willing the end to come not because I wanted it to end, to enable me to see what happened to the characters that so easily became real the more I read. Its a pleasuarble read with a strong moral fibre running through it. In todays society with its down turn in morals and principles, this and would be good for younger children to read. This book is not indoctrinated to any particular gender, age group or culture, It is a book that expresses the essence of team work and kindness, pointing out how thw world is tinged with some rogues out there that are happy to pounce on our weaknesses and leave us behind once their own trunk is filled with coffers but clever enough to manipulate us into thinking its our failure not their lies and greed that disabled success. Well done Ruth I look forward to your next book.