Profile for TMUK > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sharpie Clearview Standard Highlighter - Assorted Colours, Pack of 4
Sharpie Clearview Standard Highlighter - Assorted Colours, Pack of 4
Offered by LPC Stationers

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you have a need to highlight? This could be just for you., 20 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Sharpie Clear view Highlighter pens come in 4 vibrant colours. The see through tip is desgined to make it easier to see the words you wish to highlight on the page and enable you to do this more accurately. It has something they call "smear guard" which means the ink you highlight won't smudge or bleed. The pen's tip is angular in design to allow smooth application whilst working with the pens.

Overall this is a great product and well designed to perform the task it's designed for. I found the highlighting with them easy. I even tried highlighting fountain pen and much to my suprise it didn't smudge or cause the ink to bleed, though I did in fairness give it a little time to dry first. I was happy that unlike some cheaper products the highlighted ink didn't bleed into the tip rendering the pen virtually useless. The clear view tip was indeed great for seeing the text I was highlighting. The tip's application felt smooth and when using a ruler for a straight edge the pens tip wasn't cut by the rulers edge. Some may feel the cost is high as you can by much cheaper pens, but as I stated cheap highlighters have a nasty habit of getting ruined by messing up the tip with the ink you are highlighting. Great product.

Mitre Super Dimple Training Football - White/Light Blue/Blue, Size 5
Mitre Super Dimple Training Football - White/Light Blue/Blue, Size 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard Wearing Ball For All Surfaces, 18 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The size 5 Mitre Super Dimple Training Football is a good quality, Rubberised, Training ball. The Ball comes deflated so you will need an adapter and pump to inflate it.

We have kicked this ball on grass astro turf, tarmac and concrete with no problems. This ball unlike several other balls in the Mitre range is suitable for hard surfaces like concrete. This is down to it's dimpled rubber exterior, rather than having the more traditional Faux Leather (casey) exterior. The rubber Dimples reduce contact with the ground thus reducing wear and tear. The Ball also comes with a 2 year reasonable use guarantee. For a list of what surface different balls in the Mitre range are suitable for, visit Mitre's home page and select the surface you want to play on from a handy drop down menu. The ball does feel heavier than other balls so being size 5 it may not but suitable for younger players. We also found the ball bounced a bit more due to the rubbery surface. Overall it's a great practice Football backed with a hard wearing guarantee.

Command 17302CLR Small Cord Clips with Clear Strips
Command 17302CLR Small Cord Clips with Clear Strips

4.0 out of 5 stars Cable Clips without the fuss, 17 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Small Wire holding clips are a neat way to secure wires to the wall or skirting board without the need for nails. They are very simple to apply. Just make sure you smooth the sticky patch onto a clean dry surface and your good to go. Removing the sticky patch is a simple case of stretching it out to and it will just detach from the surface. I have used the eight in this pack to run audio speaker cables round the room. It should be noted that they do tidy your cable, but should be viewed as a replacement for nail E-boots, those semicircular clips with a nail you hammer in the wall, rather than a multi-cable tidy. Overall great product just wish there were more in this small packet.

Command 17091CLR-V Medium Hooks - Purely Purple
Command 17091CLR-V Medium Hooks - Purely Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Purely Purple Hooks, 15 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the packaging you get 2 Medium translucent Purely Purple Hooks with transparent sticking strips. The hooks will happily hold up to 2lbs in weight which is around 900g in new money.

The hooks are easy to apply and remove again as long as you make sure you follow the steps.
To apply the hooks
1) Make sure the surface is clean and dry, Avoid tile grouting or very uneven surfaces Smooth down plaster of wood if needed.
2) Remove the backing tape and apply to the surface for 10 seconds with pressure.
3) Then you need to slide off the hook from the base press hard on the base for 30 seconds then reattach the hook.
4) Leave for around 1 hour before use.
To Remove the strips.
Hold the hook firmly and pull the strip down along the wall to about 12 inches at which point it will detach without mess. Never pull the strips away from the wall as that can damage the surface underneath.

My daughter loves the colour purple so they are stuck to her bedroom door holding phones & keys etc and so far so good. They are vibrant and colourful without looking to bright or garish. Great hooks do a good job without the need for nails or screws.

Mitre Balon Recreational Football - Yellow/Cyan, Size 5
Mitre Balon Recreational Football - Yellow/Cyan, Size 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Jumpers for goal posts !, 14 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Mitre Balon Recreational Football is very bright and very light weight at just 360g. Being a size 5 it's intended for older kids or adults but my young nephews have no problem with this ball and enjoy playing in the back garden or on the local recreational field. This ball is great for a knock about but not suited for use on concrete or tarmac. Mitre provide a list of suitable balls for different ages and playing surfaces on there home page.

Overall this ball is great and my nephews love it. The cost is very reasonable for a quality named ball but if your looking for something more durable for organised match play you need to checkout some of the other balls from mitre. This ball will arrive deflated so make sure you have a needle adapter and pump to inflate it, Take care when inflating it that you lubricate the inflation hole and needle so as not to puncture the balls bladder

3M P100 SandBlaster Medium Sanding Sponge for Bare Surfaces - (Pack of 1)
3M P100 SandBlaster Medium Sanding Sponge for Bare Surfaces - (Pack of 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sheets of half used sand paper a thing of the past ?, 13 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The 3M P100 Sandblaster Medium sanding sponge is part of range of sanding sponges for all types of sanding jobs. This sponge is 100 grit making it perfect for preparing bare surfaces such as wood, metal or plaster ready for the first coat of paint or varnish. The sponge is a block and firm but also has enough flexibility to get into the small recesses of the surfaces you sand. The sponge is washable for reuse. I also found it didn't tend to clog up in the same way regular paper does. All round I found this product to be great and really handy. It's small compact nature makes storing in the tool box less problematic than regular sand paper. I have used this block many times and so far no signs of wear and tear. I will be looking to pick up some other blocks soon.

Mitre Primero Training Ball, White/Navy/Silver - Size - 5
Mitre Primero Training Ball, White/Navy/Silver - Size - 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Football Pro Practice ball, 6 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Mitre Primero Fluo Football is a good quality, soft touch, lightweight practice ball. It would have been nice if the adapter to inflate it was included.and not an extra expense. I appreciate that this has probably been factored into the price and some folks may not need and inflator needle. We have mainly used the ball on grass with no problems. Although the material is good quality, playing on concrete or Tarmac will see the shell scuff and crack. For a list of what surface, which ball in the Mitre range is suitable for, visit Mitre's home page and select the surface you want to play on from a handy drop down menu. This ball is good to go on Grass, Astro turf and indoor use. For concrete and other hard surfaces mitre recommend Mitre Tactic Training Football - White/Red/Black, Size 5
Overall a great practice Football.

Veho VPP-801-MFI DS-1 iPhone Dock | iPhone Docking Station | iPhone Desktop Charger | Apple Charging Station | iPhone Charging Stand for Apple iPhone   iPod - 5ft MFi Cable - Aluminium Grey Finish
Veho VPP-801-MFI DS-1 iPhone Dock | iPhone Docking Station | iPhone Desktop Charger | Apple Charging Station | iPhone Charging Stand for Apple iPhone iPod - 5ft MFi Cable - Aluminium Grey Finish
Offered by Veho Lifestyle Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Docking Station But is it For Me?, 4 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This I-Phone Docking station is listed Compatible with phone 5/5S/6/6S/SE and iPod Touch 5th/6th Generation. I was using it with My I-Phone 5s. The docking station isn't actually a charging device but a point to sit your device either then plugging it into a USB device such as your laptop for data transfer and charging, or plug the cable into your current charging device such as the I phone wall plug.

It's strong sturdy build with micro suction feet on its base making it a good sturdy platform to sit on your desktop and hopefully remind you where you actually left your phone! Adjusting the stand was easy enough and it can be adjusted for height to help fit in your protective case. The Lightning cable can also be replaced if needed. It has to be said that the docking station looks stylish as well, in a gun metal brushed aluminium colour.

I do have a few issues with it. The 2 Allen keys that came with it had no instructions but after checking out a reply to another reviewer I found a link to the instructions. I appreciate that sometimes as reviewers we receive pre release versions of items that may not fully reflect the contents of the final retail product box. So the lack of manual could have been down to that.

This is the web page given by Veho.

[...]

I tried to sit my phone on the stand with my protective case but even with the adjustments it wouldn't fit.

My main problem was that after just 4 days the cable stopped working. I am not sure why exactly. I think it may be the cable was over flexed where it bends back on the holder. I had tried to lift the cradle to reduce any flex but I guess it wasn't enough. I now need to swap the cable out but I am not sure that I want to and may well go back to my existing phone and cable setup.

Overall it's nice enough but I am not sure it's for Me. I realise that maybe I have been unlucky with the cable but I can only call things as I see them.

Rapesco A4+ Expanding File - 13 Compartments - Blue
Rapesco A4+ Expanding File - 13 Compartments - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Good solution but how durable is it ?, 4 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This 13 compartment Rapesco A4+ expanding file certainly has the look and the capacity to hold plenty of documents. The external plastic fastener locks the wallet to secure the documents inside. The classic concertina design allows good expansion for filing. The wallet has an insert on the front for labelling the contents.

My main concern with this product is it's durability. Although on the face of it appears to be able to hold a lot of documents, if you fill it too much, the over filled the seemingly brittle plastic may start to crack and split and the extra strain on the securing clasp looks like it may well break, as reported by other reviewers. This in my opinion seems counter intuitive as the whole point of the expanding file is to be able to cope with large amounts of documents and ease of access to those documents. If the clasp breaks your left with a file that will just remain open taking up more space than just sticking the papers in a spare draw. It begs the question, how many is too many documents?

Overall I have found the file to be useful, but feel that if you have a lot of documents for filing you may need a few of these rather than be tempted to squeeze the documents into the 1 file. In terms of longevity only time will tell. Mine already is wearing a little with small splits in 3 of the link parts that connect the sections in the wallet. I have deliberately not over filled it to try to avoid this. So really not a great product but functional.

Ultrasport Sneaker Socks (Pack of 12) - Black, Size 6 - 8
Ultrasport Sneaker Socks (Pack of 12) - Black, Size 6 - 8

4.0 out of 5 stars Low cut ankle socks, 29 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Ultrasport sneaker socks fit just below the ankle. They are almost completely hidden by your trainers. The fit I found was okay, although despite the socks saying they don't slip, I found they did and I found myself constantly pulling them out of My trainers. Although in fairness they only went into the trainer and didn't rotate around, so the heel stayed in place. The socks are very light weight in feel and this is fine. Though the thin material mean't if I wear the socks with harder insole footwear they offer no real comfort. My daughter loves them and maybe part of the issue for Me is that having never really worn these low cut socks before, so I have no real basis of comparison. She says they are great when she wears ankle chains but doesn't want to have bare feet in her footwear. After washing the socks did maintain there shape so that's good news. I hate when socks shrink badly and are fit for nothing.

Maybe I am not the target market for these socks. As I said I found them Okay, but the rest of My family loves them. This means My 3* rating ends up a 4* rating. So if low cut sneaker socks are your kind of style then these could be just what need.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20