Profile for Carl > Reviews

Content by Carl

Carl (London)

Wordpress for Beginners: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Creating your Own Wordpress Site in Record Time, Starting from Zero!
by Dr. Andy Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear well laid out, 28 Oct 2013
A good step-by-step guide and well worth the money unlike the electronic version where on my Nexus 7 the diagrams were almost unreadable.
My problem with this order was that the delivery by City Sprint was very delayed. At the review centre this delivery firm gets an average of 1.6 out of 5 based on 117 reviews. It is unfortunate if Amazon sacrifices its excellent reputation by using such a poor service.

ASUS Google NEXUS 7 (Version 1) Tablet Case with Built-In PropUp Stand & Magnetic Sleep Sensors from G-HUB - Plain Colour PURPLE Cover for ORIGINAL Google ASUS NEXUS 7 Tablet - 2012 Release (All Models Including: 16GB / 32GB , 3G / 4G , BlueTooth / LTE / WiFi models, etc. ) - Package Includes BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by OGADGETHUB

Dual Suction Windscreen Car Kit Mount with Strong Super Slim Holder for Asus Google Nexus 7
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Srong, 2 Aug 2013
It works. It is strong and very adjustable and the arm is sufficiently long to use in my BMW 3 series without blocking my view. I would prefer it if the arm was marginally longer.

Jasper Carrot Flexible Vegetable Scrubbing Brush
Jasper Carrot Flexible Vegetable Scrubbing Brush
Offered by Nutley's Kitchen Gardens

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very practical, 2 Aug 2013
It is not very useful. It would be much quicker and more practical to use a curved blade to clean carrots or potatoes.

Ex-Pro� Sony Digital Camera USB 2.0 Data/Charge Cable
Ex-Pro� Sony Digital Camera USB 2.0 Data/Charge Cable
Offered by ExpressPro

2.0 out of 5 stars Used with my Sony RX100, 28 April 2013
I ordered two cables one malfunctioned. I am concerned that these cables may damage my very expensive camera. I will however continue to use the cable that functions and hope that it will not cause serous problems.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Clarity of description, 17 Feb 2012
I think that the presentation of this item by the seller could mislead some customers. Although the price strongly indicates what is being sold is a reproduction I think the seller should state its age.

If this flask is a genuine antique it would be worth a very large amount of money. Sylistically it is a bit of a mess but overall it is purporting to be Ming or earlier.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of The Greatest Gadgets, 17 Feb 2012
Kindle 3G purchased in December 2010
For travelling it is a life saver. A library of books possibly weighing hundreds of Kilos that can be held in one small highly legible light device offering so much more than traditional paper books. It can read to you, the text size and font can be changed, book marks can always find where you have left off reading, a screen that is very easy on the eyes. An immense library available for downloads. I could go on. It is potentially a terrific learning tool for children. Parents can help select reading material. Schools should provide Kindles. It would be a great enhancement if the screen could show colour.
If I want to make a negative comment it is that once out of warranty you are on your own. One common complaint concerns battery life. In my case I found that the battery was not charging properly even after a holding the power button for 30 seconds to make a soft reset. The answer was that I had overlooked that the power should not be plugged in again until the light comes on. I almost went as far as replacing my battery. To avoid this problem in the first case it may be worth upgrading to the latest software.

SAMSUNG GALAXY-S2-i9100 SKIN-CASE:BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
SAMSUNG GALAXY-S2-i9100 SKIN-CASE:BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

3.0 out of 5 stars Very poor microphone, 16 July 2011
My phone is running Android Version 2.3.3. It is a fantastic phone ruined by a very serious flaw. The microphone is next to useless. If I telephone anyone anywhere from anything but a very quiet environment the person taking my call cannot hear what I am saying. This is a problem other users have reported on the Internet. Maybe my phone is faulty and therefore it would be very helpful if other users could supply some feed back