Profile for A. Jones > Reviews

Content by A. Jones

A. Jones (Cheshire)

Earl Grey's Little Lemon Ladies Biscuits 100 g (Pack of 6)
Earl Grey's Little Lemon Ladies Biscuits 100 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a coffee morning or just to nibble at ..., 2 Aug 2014
You get six packs, each with 5 large biscuits in.
Pleasant tasting biscuits, the lemon flavour is subtle.
Good for a coffee morning or just to nibble at home.
Sell by date on the ones I got is Oct 2014, so not suitable for putting away for Xmas.

Butler's Grove Santa's Pants Special Chutney Rudolph's Relish
Butler's Grove Santa's Pants Special Chutney Rudolph's Relish

5.0 out of 5 stars Sell by date well into 2016 so OK to buy ..., 2 Aug 2014
Sell by date well into 2016 so OK to buy for Xmas 2014.
Little Santa Trousers are attractive and decent quality.
At current price worth getting as a stocking filler.

Arm & Hammer 3 Sided Toothbrush
Arm & Hammer 3 Sided Toothbrush

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality item., 30 April 2014
Used once on a Labrador, gentle brushing only, and the heads have come away from the plastic arm. Very expensive for one use!

The Naughty Girls Book Club
The Naughty Girls Book Club
by Sophie Hart

2.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant - but not for fans of Xcite and Black Lace., 26 July 2013
I wish the review by "Bridget Jones Ds Player" had been there when I bought the book. I too fell for other people's description of it as erotic.
Definitely not, in my view.
If you enjoy the graphic descriptions you get in Xcite or Black Lace books, don't risk disappointment by buying this!

Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (Nintendo DS)
Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant match 3 game, one of the best., 6 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The jewel quest series of match 3 games is really good, and this one is up there with the best.
The initial tutorial is clear, and there are several different types of board and game as you progress, which keeps the game fresh.
I'm not so bothered about the story line and skipped most of it.
In the later stages, some of the boards are very difficult, and have to be done again and again to complete them. The frustration as time runs out with just 2 squares to complete is incredible! But it's great to find a game that takes a bit of effort.
I also experienced the freezing of screens, but only around 6 times in the whole game. I switched off and started again, and this hasn't stopped me giving the game 5 stars because it's so good.
When you complete the levels, you are rewarded with Expert level and can replay any board again, but they've all been made harder. This is a welcome bonus, and a pleasant change from some games that just end at the last level.

Call of Atlantis (Nintendo DS)
Call of Atlantis (Nintendo DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Atlantis not such a disaster!, 24 Feb 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game is a mixture of Match 3, Hidden object search, and a strange twist of returning the hidden objects to where they belong.

In between play you get descriptions of the cities you're supposedly visiting, and little snippets of facts about them.

The play is incredibly easy to start with, but as you progress it does get harder and more enjoyable.

Good graphics and sound, I don't rate this as highly as Jewel Quest Expeditions, but it could keep you occupied for a few hours.

Yoshi Applique City Coin Purse - New York
Yoshi Applique City Coin Purse - New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, & a fun purse., 19 May 2010
I bought this after browsing for Tula picture purses, because it looked like it might be similar. As far as I'm concerned, it is!
The leather is good quality, and the purse is lined. The picture is fun, and I often get comments about it when I'm paying for goods. The purse is a good size for coins, and with the zip, your money is safe.
This would make a lovely, unusual, gift for someone.

Hasbro Family Game Night: Volume 1 (Nintendo DS)
Hasbro Family Game Night: Volume 1 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, if you know what you're getting., 19 May 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It says in the blurb that you get 5 games, well it's only 4 as the other reviewers have said. However, knowing that, I bought the game, and have enjoyed playing it with my 8 year old son.

We play wirelessly, and our favourites are Battleship, and Connect 4. The battleship offers different types of bombs, it has decoy hits (frustrating for the person doing the bombing but funny for the one not being hit!), and we find the graphics good.
The other 2 games are Bop-It and Operation.

A good game to take along when you might have to fill some time - airports, dentists waiting rooms, etc!

Foursome
Foursome
by Jane Fallon

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me interested!, 23 April 2010
This review is from: Foursome (Paperback)
I see this book has very mixed reviews, which surprises me. I found the characters to be very well written, and I really wanted to know what happened to them as the story progressed.
I finished the book quickly, and want more from Jane Fallon!