Profile for psycoa > Reviews

Content by psycoa

psycoa

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mens Black Gorilla Ape Novelty Fun Slippers Cadbury With Non Slip Sole - UK 9/10
Offered by XS-Stock Com Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame - 'cos they look great!, 6 Aug. 2015
Will now have to be thrown out. They look great, and I really mean great, like a really angry silverback, however if it were alive, it would laugh its head off at the lack of the quality of the stitching! One of the pair was already falling apart at the inside back of the heel and the back of the heel in all the fur when I first opened them. Full respect to the seller - I got a very quick re-fund and told not to worry about returning them, so they were FREE. I did manage to do a big stitch up job, but when the other slipper came unstitched a couple of months later and the white foam inside was fallinng out, my son called it a day with them amd so did we. Shame - still, they may make a damned good mask!

Kid Galaxy Cyber Cycle (Red)
Kid Galaxy Cyber Cycle (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Obviously the right choice for my 10yr old nephew, 6 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Cyber Cycle (Red) (Toy)
This was apparently all my nephew played with on Christmas day 2015 according to another older nephew!!! I never got a thank you from the child however or his father. Not sure he'll get such a nice pressy next Christmas!

Gabrini ® Anti Bite Nail Varnish - 13ml
Gabrini ® Anti Bite Nail Varnish - 13ml
Offered by Gabrini London

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not as bitter as I would like it to be, 6 Aug. 2015
Doesn't have the bitter taste of the Hoof the habit stuff which I started with (when it was cheap), but which now appears to be really expensive and only available from the US. This Gabrini solution is 'growing on me' as it were. It's not as bitter as I would like it to be, however knowing it is on my nails appears to do the trick and I seem to be biting my nails less often. I can go for over a week now without nibbling, but tend then to bite all of them off when I don go to bite; then re-apply the Gabrini solution after being cross with myself, and go for another week without biting. Psychologically, I hope it will eventually help me grow my nails. or at least reduce the want to nibble!

Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Offered by HM-Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Class 10 Micro SD card - I wouldn't even give it a Class 1!, 12 Feb. 2015
This micro SD card has been continually playing up since I started using it on my Sony Xperia M2. The card was dispatched to me on 06/01/2015 and the card has completely stopped working on the phone today 12/02/2015, so just over a month of owning and I cannot now return the item, as that ended 06/02/2015, just 6 days ago. Supplied by Ardent CH, I will not be purchasing any more Samsung Micro SDs from them. My phone kept losing touch with games that I had downloaded and on 10/02/2015 one of my music albums completely disappeared and suddenly today my phone couldn't access anything on the card whatsoever, and all the albums have disappeared. I can't even format the card to start again. I assume I will now have to contact Samsung direct, as the cards Warranty is 5 years. The details on the back of the packaging were all in Chinese/Japanese, so this could have been some cheap import. I will contact Ardent CH first however to raise my complaint prior to contacting Samsung!

Addition - 11/03/2015. Thank you to Ardent CH for re-imbursing me with my £15 and also £1.50 towards the cost of my recorded delivery. I have replaced with a 32GB Transcend card - this, so far, appears to be working fine. When I turn off my phone and back on again, my music play lists are still there, and so are my games.

Selections GFA805 Solar Powered Battery Operated Ultrasonic Cat Repeller (Batteries Included)
Offered by Garden Selections

3.0 out of 5 stars I have had to put in stronger rechargeable batteries though as the ones supplied are pretty useless and required constant mains, 16 Jan. 2015
Sensors appear to work ok. I have had to put in stronger rechargeable batteries though as the ones supplied are pretty useless and required constant mains recharging after the sun disappeard for the winter. They held their power for a day if you were lucky - each battery weighed about the same as a 2 pence piece! My own rechargeables have been in for about 3 weeks now, with no sun and they are still working!! There is only one nasty little cat from our neighbours that seems immune to the sensor and continues to crap in our flower beds - one lot of its freshly laid sloppy pooh has been returned over the garden fence where I actually caught it in the act last week. I may put the strobe flasher on again to see if this helps scare the cat at night. So if you do get this item, I would recommend replacing the batteries with stronger ones, but do see how their batteries go first.

SolarCentre Evo15 Solar Pir Utility Light
SolarCentre Evo15 Solar Pir Utility Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little light, 16 Jan. 2015
This is actually not a bad little light, but I would say that it is mostly suitable for use in a shed or a very small outdoor patio area etc. I fitted the solar panel to the outside of the shed (facing the sun obviously) and fed the cable through to the LED light that I had attached inside on the bracket supplied (don't overtighten the screws in the bracket - it's not the toughest plastic), just above the door. It comes on immediately when my head enters the shed and gives enough light at night to see well (could be brighter hence why 4 stars). It stays on whilst I am in the shed. It turns off automatically within a few seconds of exiting, therefore saving power. I like it and will certainly consider purchasing another should one be required. My girlfriend loves it as she uses the shed for her plants in the winter, so needs to cover them up at night in cold weather, so she can see exactly what she is doing.

Casio Pro-Trek Men's Radio Controlled Solar Digital Watch PRW-2500-1ER with Resin Strap
Offered by Calame-les-montres

4.0 out of 5 stars Massive spec - beautiful timepiece, 12 Oct. 2014
I originally ordered this watch from Amazon at £192, but when it was delivered, the actual watch had been removed from the Amazon package (the underside of the box had been crudely re-sealed with Sellotape - somebody knew exactly what was in the package. It had to have been an inside job!!) You can't imagine how disappointed I was that day. Amazon did however promptly refund me. Got this for £175 from the web in the end (delivered less than a week later) so I can now comment on the watch - Blimey it's cool! All comments regarding the Altimeter are correct. Everything else about this watch is soooo good. I have very small wrists (I'm talking I can easily my thumb and index finger around my wrist with overlap!) and this watch fits comfortably and does not twist around my wrist. It's remained fully charged since I placed it in the sun on day one. I'm still getting used to its functions (and its size), but I love it. The radio signal (receiving indicator) seems to disappear sometimes, however it has not lost or gained any time in the last 2 months.

Disney In Yer Face Pooh Barrel Mug
Disney In Yer Face Pooh Barrel Mug

1.0 out of 5 stars You will not get this version of the In Your Face mug!!, 12 Oct. 2014
Winnie mug not as shown on Amazon - Staffordshire Kilns. Company contacted me to say the In Your Face mug is no longer available but replacement looks nicer - in his opinion. It was a replacement for the one my girlfriend broke. I was ordering the Piglet and Eeyore mugs for myself and my son to use. The Winnie mug is nothing what-so-ever like the image and was not a suitable replacement for the In Your Face original! The Eeyore and Piglet mugs are fine, but my girlfriend was very, very disappointed with the replacement to say the least, where Pooh is more of a coloured in pencil sketch on a cream background - and in all honesty, he looks more like a beer guzzling darts player of old, so I was very surprised that it is actually a Disney labelled mug. Now over two weeks on from when I made the purchase on Amazon, the company is still advertising the mug we wanted - although it is clearly not available.

Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM for Nikon Digital and Film SLR Cameras
Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM for Nikon Digital and Film SLR Cameras
Offered by DB Technology srl

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you look like a pro, 23 May 2014
The first time I used this properly was taking some photos of my son in goal for his local team. Good quality res and sharpness, even with not so bright conditions, but then winter arrived and I've not used it since, except for taking a couple of moon shots. You certainly need a monopod when using this lens at an event, and I got a Manfrotto 680B 4 section unit for this purpose. I even got my girlfriend to buy me a decent camera strap to allow me to carry the set up over my shoulder. The zoom was lovely. Will report more on this lens later.

Hoof Kick The Habit Stop The Bite Liquid
Hoof Kick The Habit Stop The Bite Liquid
Offered by Lightning Speed USA

4.0 out of 5 stars You do need to apply at least once a day, 23 May 2014
I don't bite my nails (much if at all) when this is on as the taste is pretty nasty, and does leave a very, very bitter/sour taste in my mouth which even after swilling with water, doesn't go for ages. When I stop using it, the taste remains on the nail for 4 or 5 days, even after all the glaze is gone, but decreases in strength each day, so you get slightly used to its taste. I need to use it every day for about 3 months but the most I've managed is 3 weeks (my nails did start to look like nails when I did go for those 3 weeks without biting, and it was great to use a nail file - amazing I got to that having bitten my nails constantly for the last 38 - 40 yrs). If I could have the strength to ensure I use it every day, I believe I could succeed. Try it and see.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4