Profile for BeeGee > Reviews

Content by BeeGee

BeeGee (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Komputerbay 2GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6300 PC2-6400 DDR2 800 (240 PIN) DIMM Desktop Memory
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars On a tight budget for this (had committed to a ..., 5 Nov. 2014
On a tight budget for this (had committed to a freind at an, with hindsight, unrealistically low price) else I may have spent more with a more recognisable supplier. However, it was inexpensive, arrived quickly and has performed as well as I could hope for so, well done Komputerbay!

Verbatim CD-R Lightscribe V1.2: 43659 (43659)
Verbatim CD-R Lightscribe V1.2: 43659 (43659)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with service, 13 Mar. 2014
Received next day (how good is that?!).

Product works OK.

First-time lightscriber so am a little disappointed with the results (but that may be me or my software, rather than the product. More experimentation and experience will hopefully improve the end results).

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Repeat purchaser - still happy, 13 Mar. 2014
Always prompt. Always reliable (few, if any, failures). Rubbish packaging (all burst open and scattered inside the box). Will buy again as I go through these things at a rate of knots.

Team Color Turn 64GB USB Memory Stick - SWIVEL Data Flash Pen Drive (64 GB Retail Packaged)
Offered by FlashMart

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING. Junk product. See review, below., 13 Mar. 2014
I noticed data loss when 8Gb or more was "written" to this scam product so, following the lead of another reviewer, I tested the product and the resulting report is as follows:
"The media is likely to be defective.
7.6 GByte OK (16049130 sectors)
54.8 GByte DATA LOST (115014678 sectors)."
The bottom line being that, although this product shows up as being 64Gb, in Explorer, the effective writable area is only 7.6Gb (54.8Gb being junk). Accordingly, I would not even trust the "useable" 7.6Gb with anything important.
Absolute scam and am surprised that Amazon allow this supplier to bring the Amazon site into such disrepute.
Despite having purchased this over a month ago, I am going to hound both the supplier and Amazon for a refund (as well as an apology). I suggest other dissatisfied customers do likewise. United, we stand and divided, we fall.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2014 12:11 AM GMT

LIGHT WEIGHT 3 FAN FOLDABLE NOTEBOOK COOLING COOLER PAD FOR LAPTOP HP COMPAQ 110 10.1" NETBOOK 6730S SPARES 463955-001 6715S 6735S 6715B 6710B PAVILIAN DV6000 DV6000T PAVILION DV6000 DV6000T SPARE 402018-001 DC359A 6735 6735S 6730B NOTEBOOK
Offered by Delta Enterprise

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy product and lousier service, 2 Nov. 2013
Received a product different to that which I had ordered.

Only 2 fans and not foldable.

Poor quality and appeared to be second-hand as it had obviously been used before it was sent to me.

Noisy as heck.

Contacted supplier and they were somewhat less than helpful

Well, for a £5.29 sale + £0.99 postage, I have just returned it at a postage cost of £3.70.

So, they have sold NOTHING to me and it's cost them £3.70 to do so.

Only way these guys will ever learn.

If I order (and pay for) a lobster salad, don't be surprised if I reject your serving to me of a prawn cocktail.

My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.
My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.
Offered by ZONNIX UK LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and tacky., 2 Nov. 2013
But cheap, so I can't be bothered returning it. It is as was described so "Buyer Beware".

So flimsy that weight of a small laptop (even a 10" screen Net-Book) cause the fans to touch the table or whatever and stop spinning.

Putting it on your lap, soft furnishings, or even a tablecloth is an absolute "No-No".

No USB output to make up for the port it's taking on your laptop.

Very disappointed, overall, but it was cheap and you sometimes get what you pay for.

In Car USB 2 Port Charger - High Speed 2 Amp Output
In Car USB 2 Port Charger - High Speed 2 Amp Output
Offered by BPSALESDIRECT

2.0 out of 5 stars Very much hit and miss, 2 Nov. 2013
Not sure if it's my car, but the charger only charges when the engine is switched on (rather than trickle-charging when the car is parked up).

Not much use to me, really as I only bought it to charge my blue-tooth hands-free ear-piece but, as I can only charge it whilst I'm driving (instead of having it linked to my phone and ear whilst I'm driving, it's pretty much useless for my purpose.

Never mind. Was cheap enough and delivered in timely fashion so I don't blame the trader.

Maybe it will come in useful, someday, for something else.

Flash for Freedom! (The Flashman Papers, Book 5)
Flash for Freedom! (The Flashman Papers, Book 5)
by George MacDonald Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars If ever there was a thoughtful set of tales to put onto film....., 2 Nov. 2013
Brilliantly written and researched (as per usual).

Perfect mix of history, drama, tension and humour (as per usual).

I so, so, wish GMF had penned Flashy's American Civil War exploits (rather than waste his talents on the very mediocre "Mr American").

Spool of 50 AAA-GRADE RiTEK G05 - DVD-R 4.7GB 8X Glossy White Top spindle 50 pack **NOT** for Inkjet Printing EAN/UPC 806473348416
Offered by Blank-Discs-Com SuperSaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job at a decent price, 2 Nov. 2013
Packaging was awful. Box broken open and taped up by post-office, or whoever delivered them. Opened the package and the discs spewed out, all over the table. Very, Very, poorly packed.

Discs themselves are fine (I bought a hundred and lost around three that wouldn't burn - possible scratched when they launched themselves out of the packaging).

Not fond of the glossy finish (prefer a matt finish, but I can live with it).

All in all, pretty good value and reliable enough.

Have just ordered another 100 so I guess that says it all.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints, 2 Nov. 2013
Great sleeves. Only pity is that it's a pity they aren't white. But that's just a personal preference. The sleeves are very good quality and the delivery was quick enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3