Profile for Jae79 > Reviews

Content by Jae79

Jae79 "Jae79" (Northampton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Game Dr Blue Ray Lens Cleaner
Game Dr Blue Ray Lens Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars No difference!, 27 Jun. 2010
My Samsung blu-ray player has been skipping on certain discs..so I found this product and thought my problems would be over....this has made no difference to the player and it is still skipping when playing. Not very impressed with the lack of instructions with this product either and in fact it skipped through playing the disc so not actually sure whether I went through the whole process or not. In my mind this product was a waste of money,

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The First Season [1996] [DVD]
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The First Season [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Melissa Joan Hart

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to re-live my younger days!, 26 Jun. 2010
I used to love Sabrina when I was a teenager and used to watch it on Nickelodeon all the time...when I saw this boxset for a reasonable price I thought I would give it a watch to remind myself of my younger days! I'm close to 30 now and expected to find the whole thing a bit childish...however I really enjoyed watching it again..yes it is a bit silly and frothy but its full of innocence and with the episodes only being 20 mins long I often find myself sitting down and watching 3 or 4 in a row....a guilty pleasure! I have now ordered season 2 i enjoyed it so much!

A New Owner's Guide to Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
A New Owner's Guide to Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
by Meredith Johnson-Snyder

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive book on breed, 26 Jun. 2010
Having recently welcomed home a cavalier king charles puppy i purchased this book to give me some more information on breed specific traits and advice. A thorough book that studies choosing a puppy, breed standards, care, grooming, housebreaking, health care, behaviour, dental care and travelling. I have found myself referring back to this book on several occasions since getting my puppy and I'm sure it will remain in my bookcase for many years to come! It has some lovely images, is hardback and has some good advice - I would suggest purchasing in conjunction with one of the many puppy books available (such as The Perfect Puppy) as these tend to be more indepth on training, tricks and care specifically of young dogs,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2015 12:40 PM GMT

Collins Scrabble Dictionary
Collins Scrabble Dictionary
by Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves on arguments!, 26 Jun. 2010
I purchased this with a copy of the Scrabble boardgame....saves on arguments and essentially it's a dictionary so a nice addition to my bookshelf....quality was as expected for the price and it has certainly solved a few disagreements over applicable words!

Love Potions
Love Potions
by Christina Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best of her books, 26 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Love Potions (Paperback)
I've now read quite a few Christina Jones books and always enjoyed the 'village' settings and quirky characters - it was quite a while since I had read other books based on the same characters so i had to rack my brains to try and remember some of the previous characters mentioned....having said that I think you could quite easily pick this book up and read it without having read any of the other books set in this part of the world. It was a little predictable and as usual in Christina's book everyone ends up nice and happy at the end....worth reading if you like her books and are open to a bit of magic - I would highly recommend Hubble Bubble by the same author and I have not found another book by her that lives up to that standard.

True Blood Season 1 (HBO) [DVD] [2009]
True Blood Season 1 (HBO) [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Anna Paquin
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 26 Jun. 2010
i wasn't sure what to expect from True Blood - I was kind of expecting something along the lines of Buffy with adults not teenagers - a friend of mine recommended I watch this and told me I wouldn't regret it....I have to say she was right! I thought the acting (especially of Anna Paquin) was top notch and whilst the pace was a little slow having the DVD's meant I didn't have to wait a week for the next episode. I watch a lot of US TV dvd's and I enjoyed this immensely and look forward to sitting down to series 2. Be warned though there is a lot of nudity and adult themes so not really for children..

What's Yours is Mine
What's Yours is Mine
by Tess Stimson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great..., 26 Jun. 2010
This review is from: What's Yours is Mine (Paperback)
I have to say the attraction in this book for me was the lovely cover and i expected this to be a fun romp....this book actually has some pretty serious undertones and delves in some long standing family politics. One of my main issues with this book (resulting in only 3 stars) is I did not like either of the main characters very much....Susannah being completely irresponsible and Grace just being a spoilt madam....I couldn't relate to either character and therefore found that by the ending I didn't really care what the outcome was. Maybe not liking either character was intentional of the author as it showed each girls flaws and the pity of the situation they found themselves in. If you want a fun, lighthearted book to read on the beach don't be fooled by the girly cover...it reminded me more of a Jodi Picoult book than other Tess Stimson novels I have read.

Twenties Girl
Twenties Girl
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Kinsella does it again!, 26 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Twenties Girl (Paperback)
I have read all of Sophie Kinsella's books over the last few years - I wait eagerly for each new book to be released and I only wish there were more! they are easy to read and you always fall in love with the characters. I have to say i was a bit surprised to see the paranormal in this book and it wasn't what I expected but it works! You feel a real connection with Lara and will her be happy at the end of the novel....it was slighly predictable in places but still I thoroughly enjoyed this read and mystery of the necklace woven throughout....almost a modern day agatha christie in a romance novel!

My Life with George: The Inspirational Story of How a Wilful Dog Brought Joy to a Bereaved Family
by Judith Summers

5.0 out of 5 stars True to Life!, 26 Jun. 2010
I first read this book a few years ago when someone lent me a copy...I fell in love with George then and had always loved the cavalier breed - I recently took the plunge and purchased a 8 week old ruby cavalier puppy and wanted to re-read this book to remind me of the funny/hearwarming stories that Judith shares. There has been a lot of chuckles when reading this again and some of the stories are already feeling familiar! This is a great book (if you enjoyed Marley and Me you should buy this now!) showing the true joy and chaos a dog can bring! I initially read this book as a cat owner and three years later I have my own mini george...be warned these dogs are addictive!

Roberts Sports 995 2-Band PLL Synthesised Personal Stereo Radio
Roberts Sports 995 2-Band PLL Synthesised Personal Stereo Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Product, 26 Jun. 2010
I purchased this to take on my dog walks in the morning so i could listen to the radio - I didn't need DAB as only wanted to listen to radio 1....reception is excellent and the battery life has lasted everyday use for the last two months without replacing. I like that the radio turns itself off if it hasn't been used for a couple of hours. My only criticism would be the headphones weren't great (I ended up using my ipod ones) and it could use a 'lock' functionality as sometimes in my pocket I change the channel without realising. For the cost though I would highly recommend this. (****after reading another review it does have a 'lock' button on the back! so please ignore that criticism!!***

Page: 1 | 2