Profile for Miss B. Simms > Reviews

Content by Miss B. Simms

Miss B. Simms "On a journey" (Northampton, UK)

Making Sense of Change Management: A Complete Guide to the Models Tools and Techniques of Organizational Change (Change Series)
by Esther Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic reference guide to keep on your desk; not your shelf!, 3 Sep 2010
I originally purchased this book, along with a few others, a couple of years ago when I commenced a management course. I only dipped into it then and didn't fully take it on board. Following redundancy this year from an Administration Management role, I decided to pursue a course on Coaching. I realised that this book would support my understanding of change within organisations, from individuals, through to teams as well as the whole organisation. The book contains many references and models that you have come across through other studies; the authors quote many leading thinkers on leadership, team understanding - past and present. All in an easy to read format. It is a great collection of references that you can dip into and use according to the element of change you happen to be dealing with. The clear case studies and applications provide some reality to how the models and tools are used. This is one of those books that will not remain on the shelf; it will be utilised many times over, by many of your colleagues. Don't let it out of your site.

Ask and it is Given: Learning to Manifest the Law of Attraction- Learning to Manifest Your Desires
by Esther and Jerry Hicks
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars This book tells you what you already know., 22 Mar 2009
I bought this book back in December 2007. I had gone away for the weekend. The journey took about four hours one way and I listened to The Law of Attractive CD collection. Audio books are my preference, however on purchasing this book I found it to be the easiest think to read and understand about the Laws of Attraction.

You will have many moments when you stop and think 'I know something that happened, positive or negative, which I now know was the result of my thoughts'. It can become very real when you realise 'yes!' you created that manifestation in your life.

I have since bought two copies of the book for friends. I find that it does take a lot of practice to keep thinking positive thoughts and allowing them to manifest into what you want. The easiest way I have found since then is by listening to others and tentatively correcting a negative thought and making them realise that they can make it happen better for them. After a while I then tell them about the teachings, give them examples and point them in the direction of the book and/or audio book.

You will find yourself 'dipping' into various parts of the book for the added inspiration at anytime of the day.

I've since purchased Money and the Law of Attraction; this is proving to be a fabulous CD too.