Profile for Michael G. > Reviews

Content by Michael G.

Michael G.

[SF Matte Black] - Rearth Ringke SLIM for [Google Nexus 4] SF Premium Hard Case Cover - ECO Package
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 31 Dec 2013
Fantastic case, adds very little bulk to the phone. If I have one gripe it's that it doesn't provide enough protection to the top and bottom edges of the phone but then again it is a minimalistic case and also that's where the microphones are.

While the material it is made from feels nice, is grippy and is also aesthetically pleasing (as is the design of the case), it is a bit of a magnet for greasy fingerprints, which are subsequently quite difficult to get off. Great case though.

Plantronics Audio 300 Skype/Voip Computer Microphone
Plantronics Audio 300 Skype/Voip Computer Microphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Microphone for the Price, 16 Jan 2013
Bought this microphone to Skype with friends while we play online games together. It serves this purpose perfectly, with decent sound quality and a good range (i.e. it picks my voice up from relatively far away). I did initially have a problem with the mic being quite quiet, but this was solved using the "Microphone Boost" option in the microphone properties in the Windows Control Panel. All-in-all, a fantastic microphone for the price.

Introduction to Chess Strategy (Chess is Fun Book 2)
Introduction to Chess Strategy (Chess is Fun Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, but Worth the Price, 16 Jan 2013
Being inexperienced and relatively new to chess, I decided to delve into some chess strategy, and given its price and good reviews, I decided to go for this book. I certainly can't say I was disappointed (particularly considering the price), but it does have some minor flaws. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I'm completely new to chess literature, but I did find parts of it quite hard to follow; it certainly can't be described as comprehensive or particularly descriptive. It has short sections on various tactics for each piece and some general game strategies.

All-in-all, I'd say it's a good introduction to chess strategy for someone like me who's completely new to it, but if you have more money it may be better to go for something longer and more comprehensive.