Profile for Drheleni > Reviews

Glen 2 KW Wall Mounted Downflow Fan Heater
Glen 2 KW Wall Mounted Downflow Fan Heater
Price: 31.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long, 15 Feb 2014
I chose this bathroom heater because of the good reviews. And it worked well while it lasted. But exactly 24 months later, it has died a death - the thermostat is gone. I hate that companies make these items like they are disposable. I know it didn't cost the earth, but I only used it for two full winters, for god's sake - a few months a year! (We don't have our home or our bathroom superheated.) Poor value for money.

Skills-based learning for caring for a loved one with an eating disorder: The New Maudsley Method
Price: 9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable and wise, 31 Dec 2013
This book is essential reading for anyone who discovers a loved one has an eating disorder. Finding this out is truly terrifying, and seeing it escalate worse still. The book has really useful comparisons with different types of animal to help carers get in the right frame of mind to deaal with these really complex and difficult situations - try to be a dolphin or a St Bernard instead of an ostrich, an aggressive rhino, or a trembling jelly-fish! It also has great advice on how to try and understand change in the sufferer - what stage they are at, how to try and move things forward appropriately, and the best forms of communication to do that - that's the skills-based element, learning the skills of productive rather than counterproductive reactions.
The only issue I have with the book is that it is almost entirely focused on teenagers with either anorexia or bulimia. Adults do have eating disorders as well, including binge eating that is not bulimic but can lead to crippling and life-threatening obesity. One's relationship with an adult does not have the authority a parent can have over their child, so some particular advice on managing these situations with adult siblings or friends would be useful to add in a future edition.

Ladies Swim Hat Swimming Hat Black With 3 White Flowers Fashy Bathing Cap Vintage Retro Style Flowers

5.0 out of 5 stars Really stylish and practical item, 30 Mar 2013
I have just learned to swim properly (putting head in water!) at the grand old age of 54, but found my hair got plastered all over my goggles every time I emerged from the water. Decided I needed a swimming cap, but really didn't want one that would make me look like I was pretending to be an Olympian. Saw this and fell in love at first sight - it's really cute and retro without looking over-the-top. Item did not disappoint - it looks great, does the job, and is very comfortable. Love it... Also arrived very promptly from supplier.

Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short-sightedness
Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short-sightedness
Offered by goggleyed
Price: 19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product and service, 15 Aug 2012
I did not know there was such a thing as prescription goggles until I was browsing by buyer reviews on Amazon - these are fantastic, as I am blind as a bat (shortsighted) without my glasses, which is annoying in the pool and means I have not even been able to read the clock to see how long I've been in. The goggles are well-made, comfortable, and give crystal sharp vision - amazing transformation of my experience! Also got a courteous response to my order within about an hour on a Sunday afternoon, to say the goggles would be dispatched the following day - and they arrived 2 days later, excellent service.

State of Wonder
State of Wonder
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 2 July 2012
This review is from: State of Wonder (Kindle Edition)
I loved Bel Canto, and this certainly didnt disappoint. On the contrary, I couldn't put it down. I especially loved the way in which Patchett engineers the slow reveal of why Dr Swenson is so secretive and so dedicated to her work. This isl a book of tremendous vision and compassion, with brilliantly drawn characters and an amazing evocationof Amazonia.