Profile for Mariana > Reviews

Content by Mariana

Mariana (West Country, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Wooden Funny Sign Wall Plaque Creative Clutter Is Better Than Idle Neatness.
Wooden Funny Sign Wall Plaque Creative Clutter Is Better Than Idle Neatness.
Offered by GIGGLEWICK GIFTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing sentiment, 23 Mar 2013
I bought this to go on the door to the room I grandly call my studio....more of a dumping ground really!! I love the sentiment and it has provoked amused comments from my family, saying it is me to a T! I like the font, the background colour and the little hearts. It came with four double sided adhesive pads for attaching it to the door. It's light in weight so I don't think it will fall off. It arrived well before the estimated delivery date, in a good quality envelope with no damage. Recommend both the product and the seller.

Update 2nd June.....I have spent a long time going through every box, bag, shelf, cupboard and drawer in my 'studio' and turned out about half the contents as rubbish, recycling or donations. It is so pristine that the little door plaque no longer applies! However, I don't intend to remove it!

Rico Loopy Scarf Knitting Yarn Tartan Mix - 150gram ball
Rico Loopy Scarf Knitting Yarn Tartan Mix - 150gram ball
Offered by Minerva Crafts and Fabrics

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour not as expected, 23 Mar 2013
This knitting yarn sadly is not as shown in the picture. It is much darker, a bit like Black Watch tartan, and when made up into a ruffle scarf you really can't see the colour variation. However, having said that, it's nice to knit with once you've mastered the peculiar way of doing it. It grows quickly but you have to take care to untwist the yarn from time to time otherwise there is a danger you could knit into the wrong side. I used the whole ball as I like my scarves long because you can then wear them in several different says. When made up the scarf is light in weight but warm and cosy. I do like it and would love to have given it five stars but the colour has prevented this. I have since bought other colourways, all of which have been attractive and great colour combinations. Recommended.

Mouseloft Mini Cross Stitch Kit - Penguin, Stitchlets Collection
Mouseloft Mini Cross Stitch Kit - Penguin, Stitchlets Collection
Offered by Bitsbobsandbumpsadaisy

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a toy!!, 23 Mar 2013
This is a cross stitch kit, definitely not a toy. If it was a toy it would use Bianca canvas which is large and suitable for children just starting out. However, as a project for an experienced cross stitcher it is fine. I have bought the whole set following the recent BBC series on penguins and they are very true to life. I'm going to make all six into a collage to give to a friend for his 60th birthday later this year as he enjoyed the programme too. The design is easy to work and could easily be finished in a couple of hours. I like it very much. Recommend product and seller.
Amazon......please take note, this is not a toy!

Rico CanCan Knitting Scarf Yarn - 200gm ball - Sea Greens
Rico CanCan Knitting Scarf Yarn - 200gm ball - Sea Greens

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colours, 15 Mar 2013
Same comments as for the purple version. I can't think of anything more to say so please read the comments for the other colourway. The colours are nice.

Koolart Image - Paramedic Ambulance - KEYRING
Koolart Image - Paramedic Ambulance - KEYRING
Offered by Letzart

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 15 Mar 2013
Bought this for a recently qualified paramedic. He thinks it's great and uses it on his drug cupboard. We both like the almost cartoon picture of an ambulance with it's quirky wheels! Recommended product and seller.

Rico CanCan Knitting Scarf Yarn Purple
Rico CanCan Knitting Scarf Yarn Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Scarf, 15 Mar 2013
Arrived well on time, securely packed in waterproof mailing bag. The colours are gorgeous and it only took me a little under three hours to knit a most attractive scarf. I have now made six in various shades.....not all for me I hasten to add! The instructions for making a ruffle scarf are on the inside of the ball band but I found them almost incomprehensible and not nearly detailed enough. However, I found a little video on YouTube about how to knit with this unusual yarn and it was very detailed. One thing I would dispute is the fact that you have to use big needles. I found this quite awkward and have experimented with different sizes, coming to the conclusion that it is immaterial what size needle you use, it still turns out the same. I am currently using an old UK size 9 bamboo pair and they are perfect. The scarf is also warm to wear. Recommended product and seller.

Japanese Suki Design Charlotte Bag
Japanese Suki Design Charlotte Bag
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little bag, 15 Mar 2013
This little bag arrived on time and securely packed in the usual cardboard 'book' packaging. It is smaller than I was expecting but it's pretty and I know my little grand daughter will love it.....she's into bags at the moment. If given hard wear I don't think it would last too long but it seems strong enough. A bonus is that it has a zip at the top. If it was bigger I would use one as an occasional shopping bag. Recommended product and seller.

Rico CanCan Knitting Scarf Yarn - 200gm ball - Tartan Mix
Rico CanCan Knitting Scarf Yarn - 200gm ball - Tartan Mix
Offered by Jens fancy dress

4.0 out of 5 stars Got there in the end!, 9 Mar 2013
I ordered this yarn after falling in love with a friend's gorgeous scarf. I was a little taken aback at the cost of one ball of yarn but it did make two scarves. However, I was a little disappointed that the colours were so dark.....it wasn't the same as the friend's. It took me quite a while to work out how to do this peculiar knitting as the instructions on the ball band are not very clear. I resorted to YouTube where I found a very helpful video and I was away. That was two weeks ago and I have since made four more. The scarf turns out with lots of ruffles and if you buy a variegated yarn it becomes very interesting. It's very light in weight but nice and warm. Beware though that it does stretch on wearing so don't make it longer than 1 mtr 50 unless you want a very long scarf. I think the effect is a bit like a feather boa but much nicer. I would like to have given 4 stars but have had to drop one because of the colour. Recommended though.....oh, and seller good too.....great delivery time.

King Cole Krystal Scarf Knitting Wool/Yarn Spectrum 445 - per 100g ball
King Cole Krystal Scarf Knitting Wool/Yarn Spectrum 445 - per 100g ball

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colours, 8 Mar 2013
I recently discovered these novelty knitting yarns for ruffle scarves and successfully made four, not all for me, some were for gifts. I ordered four more balls which arrived today, well within the estimated delivery time. However, despite the colour combinations being wonderful, the King Cole Krystal yarn is different, more of a mesh which looks a bit like chicken wire when gently pulled out. There is a wider band on one edge and I am not sure whether I should be knitting into that edge or the other one. I have tried both and they both look strange. I shall persevere because [a] I don't like to be beaten on something so simple, [b] I can't afford to waste this lovely yarn [c] I can't wait to wear the completed scarf! I've only given 4 stars because of this when I would like to have given 5. Does anyone out there have any advice please? Otherwise recommended.

Update 7th April.....I persevered and have now mastered how to knit with this yarn and it's easy once you know how. You knit into every other hole from the narrow side and you don't have to use large needles....it is quite immaterial what size you use, smaller needles are much kinder to the hands. I've now made several of these for other people and everyone loves them

Swordfish Jumbo Hole Plastic Pencil Sharpener upto 17mm
Swordfish Jumbo Hole Plastic Pencil Sharpener upto 17mm
Offered by Really Good Stationery

5.0 out of 5 stars Search for this now over!, 8 Mar 2013
Until recently I didn't know it was possible to buy a jumbo pencil sharpener and have relied on a Stanley knife to sharpen my chalk pencils which have very hard wood. So glad I found it on Amazon.....in fact, I buy nearly everything on Amazon now. Ordered on a Wednesday afternoon, delivered by the postman 1.15 pm Friday. I tried it straight away and the result is perfect. No more fiddling with the Stanley knife and risk cutting myself. Product and seller thoroughly recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2013 3:51 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9